/gsg/ - granny shit general

Let's discuss some garbage granny crap.
What's the best one? What's the worst one?
Are you a granny? Do you know any grannies?

Attached: 86B4C9EB-6B2A-47F3-AF6D-8023C386C824-5892-000004B8C68C2236.jpg (471x652, 32K)

when i'm sixty four

not this shit again

Paul McCartney wrote granny music.

I can't bring myself to listen to Maxwell's Silver Hammer or Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da ever again. Those are the pinnacle of Paul's granny shit. His other granny crap at least has some charm.

I had someone unironically tell me that fucking Octopus' Garden was the single song that stopped Abbey Road from being perfect. Like, does no one remember how garbage Maxwell's Silver Hammer is?

What’a that sonny? Speak up please dear, my hearing aid is on the blink.

He’s a fine looking young lad. Would you like a Murray mint?

His part in A Day in the Life is probably his best granny shit. The contrast to Lennon's section is one of the better experiments on that album.

I quite like signing When I’m 64 on guitar. It’s a good vocal melody, especially around the 7th chords, and good for singing practice as McCartney had a really great vocal range.

Kek

HEY THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

Since I heard Your Mother Should Know while peaking on acid I just can't go back, best granny song for me.

Without doubt Good Day Sunshine off of revolver.

its good because its not granmy shit. Id say Lovely rita is one of the rare examples of genuinely good granny shit

HONEY PIE
YOU ARE MAKING ME CRAZY

Grew up singing this stuff in school, no regrets. Maxwell's silver hammer is funny as fuck when you're seven and it was that or hymns. I like to think he wrote with subverting the nation's youth in mind.

It's the Wings stuff you have to watch out for.

This genre has a name guys, it's called music hall. And it sucks.

You just reminded me of the thing I found coolest in school, a teacher let us listen to that prog rock album of War of the Worlds, thought it was brilliant. I need to listen to it again.

Maxwell silver hammer and octopus garden made abbey road perfect

Honey Pie and When I'm 64 are great, also Martha My Dear but I'm not sure if that counts as granny shit

Attached: FB_IMG_1568149530788.jpg (640x348, 17K)

Is Penny Lane granny shit?

holy shit haha when i tried to remember how penny lane sounds like just now, shine by take that just came into my head instead ahaha mental. must be a gay song.

All grannyshit

Shush, (you)

I have always l loved Penny Lane, especially the vocal harmony on “fish and finger pie”

yeah me bird loves abit of fishy finger pie aha. i make her smell em afterwards dirty cow.

It's one of my favorite songs of theirs. I'm generally a fan of paulgrannycore so makes sense

I don't understand what the function of this thread is or what "granny shit" means.

Contains Granny elements but objectively not Grannycore:
>Blackbird
>Mother Nature's Son
>Obladi Oblada
>She's Leaving Home

It's a lennonism
> In the recollection of Geoff Emerick, the band's recording engineer, Lennon "openly and vocally detested" [Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da], calling it "more of Paul's 'granny music shit'"
now it's been run into the ground by people who think repeating a phrase over and over again is how funny maymays work

>thinks it's a meme

>She's Leaving Home
>grannycore adjacent but not proper
You're exactly right.
I wonder how many hippie runaways had their trips ruined by this track back in 1967

NO!... (caveat) not all of the granny stuff is shit but penny lane is neither.

Maxwell isn't granny shit, the lyrics are metal as fuck

i know john wrote it but mean mr mustard sounds like granny shit to me

For me it's Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Your Mother should know, and Penny lane