The Smiths were the last truly influential music act

The Smiths were the last truly influential music act.

Attached: thesmiths.png (2232x1226, 1.45M)

sorry I can't hear you, I'm eating a burger

BASED

Who did they influence

based
based
based

I think that Blur have talked about Johnny Marr occasionally? That's all I got.

Yeah sure kiddo

Attached: 1566579944127.jpg (236x314, 14K)

Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Red House Painters, The Killers
Those are all I absolutely know, but they've influenced many, MANY more than just those

Oasis, Radiohead, My Chemical Romance, Nirvana, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Modest Mouse, Manic Street Preachers, The Libertines, Arcade Fire, Smashing Pumpkins, Death Cab For Cutie, The Killers, The National, Belle & Sebastian, Fall Out Boy, Suede, Panic At The Disco, I could go on.

Pretty much every big name alternative/rock band of the last 20 years.

>They're either British and/or vaguely emo, therefore they're influenced by The Smiths.

I'll give you Suede, though.

Pavement was very influential as well and came a little later.

incels

When you get rid of the Brits and the emos, rock has just been a bunch of butthead jocks for the last 30 years

Based and Brettpilled

Attached: select.jpg (900x1231, 155K)

What's your point? Those artists have all gone on record as citing The Smiths as an influence.

fucking want those posters

hipsters

Attached: Hipsters-East-London-Photo-Tim-Sullivan-006.jpg (460x276, 128K)

Hipsters only listen to local bands
The Smiths are mainstream and there's not a single actual hipster who likes them now

All those artists are on record claiming to be influenced by literally anything and anybody. Except for Suede, not a single one of them has tried to be the "new" Smiths the way Oasis tried to be the Beatles, Arcade Fire tried to be the Talking Heads or Panic at the Disco tried to be utter shit.

>influenced by means trying to copy
Jesus you're retarded

haven't all those bands also influenced other bands? many of them even more than the smiths?

The Smiths are not hipster at all in England. Maybe if you're a home counties twat who listens to shit grime to make up for being an upper class twat. Generally though even chavs know who they are and have an opinion on them, positive or negative, whatever.

Then what does influence mean

No, but it does mean you're trying to maintain a stylistic tradition, at least to an extent.

Did you know Josh Homme is 25% jewish

dud wat

did I fucking stutter

based as fuck.
You have any more rare Hommes?

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-150102_Firefox.jpg (833x910, 246K)

>Implying all the alternative rock/britpop bands listed aren't following this stylistic tradition, with their own new spark of creativity added in
No one wants Smiths cover bands, if you actually had ears you'd see the exact stylistic tradition found in their music in other bands, Johnny Marr's guitar playing in Blur, Oasis, Radiohead, Nirvana, Pulp, The Killers
Morrissey's lyrics in Red House Painters, Modest Mouse, Belle & Sebastian, Suede, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys
The Smiths were influential in many bands, regardless of the band's quality, and are still timeless to this day

worst

Weird how despite fucking despising modern Indie I can't help but enjoy The Smiths

Who are some lyricists and vocalists similar to Morrissey

Definitely Mark Kozelek, Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian, Thom Yorke has some similar qualities, Tori Amos feels very similar, other than that I can't think of many

Attached: 302b08a4e45bb296d26637f1874e75fa--the-smiths-your-favorite.jpg (474x612, 46K)

Every second wave emo act

no one's been more influential than Ramones or ATCQ

holy fucking based