Couldn't find a thread on this - I know this album is widely praised but I'm wondering Yea Forums's opinion on it

couldn't find a thread on this - I know this album is widely praised but I'm wondering Yea Forums's opinion on it

Attached: Madvillainy_cover.png (316x316, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1RkTIrSsmxV
youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI
youtube.com/watch?v=r9lpLm7jwQY
youtube.com/watch?v=hl9g10DSQGs&loop=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's peak nigger music, but nigger music nonetheless

XD RACISM!!!

It's just some boring hiphop album. Elevator music tier.

I wish elevator music was this engaging.

Slip like Freudian
Your first and last step to playing yourself like accordion.

Universally considered one of the best rap albums ever, universally loved and critically acclaimed along with Kendrick Lamar and Kanye

Of course you have the "Rap is for dummies" people like this guy But if you're open minded and actually take the time out to listen to it, rather than having it in the background like radio music or top 40 music, you'll appreciate it and understand why people like it

Not super emotional but a really fun album. I didn't get it when I first listened to it cuz I was trying to get into rap but the more hip hop I listen to the more I realize how unique this is.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x428, 1.91M)

>I said le nigger word online!

Gotta love that little adrenaline rush hey?

Are you white? Are you a hipster? Do you get all your knowledge on rap from the internet and want to feel like a special snowflake by liking "real rap I was born in le wrong generation"? Then yes, MF DOOM is for you. Cheetos Freetos Doritos

DICK DORITOS
FUCK FRITOS
CUNT CHEETOS

Attached: mf ride.jpg (500x500, 56K)

>play sample
>loop
>press vinyl sim

I am madlib

Attached: A301D756-99A6-41AF-8D20-9991D6D2A229.jpg (1149x1050, 206K)

i too thought madlib and dilla were hacks until i tried it.

it's an amazing album. 100% fun though. There really isn't much in terms of personal intimacy or message, but it doesn't bother me.

From my experience on mu, most people don't like albums like this. I'm pretty sure it's because they don't go outside, have friends, or have fun outside of jerking it to Aphex Twin and traps

alright now do it as good as him and post it right now

born like this is dooms best album

I thought they were geniuses until I tried it

here u go 2mins in audacity vocaroo.com/i/s1RkTIrSsmxV

you don't know shit about sampling

not bad, but you're delusional if you think that's on par with madlib

if you can't see the musicality in youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI you might be retarded

whoa, do you have an ipad?

Attached: 1513058822837.png (540x547, 390K)

I don't get it

i love dilla & madlib. but they aren't doing anything special. they spend majority of their time looking for samples & then cleaning it up with their gear of choice.
all u need is a good ear
youtube.com/watch?v=r9lpLm7jwQY
i could easily sample the opening riff to this & clean it up for a rapper to spit off it & u idiots would eat it up

Oh god another "anyone can be madlib or dilla".

Put links to ur beats or shut the fuck up.

dilla doesn't spend the majority of his time doing anything these days :-(

Post the full song nibber

Wow i don't misremember. That album really is dogshit.

i never said anybody can be them. i said there method of producing isn't special anymore post internet/youtube
:(
youtube.com/watch?v=hl9g10DSQGs&loop=0