Why does it seem their fanbases on this board hate one another so much?

Why does it seem their fanbases on this board hate one another so much?

Attached: Axl-vs-Kurt--919x420.jpg (919x420, 66K)

because you read too much into dumb shit

it's not just on this board. it's just in general. it's because of multiple reasons. cobain and axl rose hated each other irl, both as people and musically. nirvana was meant to be an antithesis to glam metal and guns n' roses was seen as an evolution/continuation of it. and, finally, guns n' roses and nirvana both appeal to two entirely different crowds of people normally.

gnr is pretty much the embodiment of the vapid macho rock curt deeply despised
it's showy, superficial music to put on at barbecues

and nirvana was a mainstream band that pretended to be indie after making it big, and they still massively appeal to those who want to project an image of being edgy rebellious but don't actually give enough of a shit to dig deeper than one of the most popular bands of the last few decades.

I don't like GnR cause I can't stand Axl's voice

This is basically true but it's funny how depending on which side you ask how it's portrayed differently.

To me Gn'R were like the last true badass rock band who really were about the rebellious crazy lifestyle and had the edge to back it up, while I could say Nirvana to me is pretentious superficial music to put on while you drink craft coffee beans or whatever fake "arty" people do

Axl has a voice I can easily see people either loving or hating.

>vapid
Name one Nirvana song with a coherent message

GNR = alpha, high energy, high test
Nirvana = beta, low energy, low test
oil and water, yin and yang

that's totally irrelevant to GNR's vapidity, bro

I'm an open minded guy....so tell me one song from Gn'R you consider vapid? I really can't think of one that isn't telling a real story or has a real point to make.

Yes, mindless hedonism is oh-so rebellious. Surely The Man would never want you to do that!

He’s not talking about the lyrics, he’s talking about the image they portrayed

Nirvana definitely wasn’t low energy. People get way too obsessed about them though when there was so much more going on in the ‘90’s

>Yes, mindless hedonism is oh-so rebellious. Surely The Man would never want you to do that!
You make a good point, but how is junkie Cobain any better in that regard? In fact I'd say he was worse since he actually died from living a hedonistic lifestyle. Grunge scene was so phony in that way, they had all the same values of the 80's metal scene they just emphasized the darker side instead of the empowering side, they were still all drunks and druggies who were constantly partying.

Also if we're talking rebellion, Gn'R had a lot of songs that questioned authority and the social norms....Nirvana now that I think about it really didn't at all, it was all just pseudo artsty crap that made no sense. Who were they rebelling against other than rockstars they were jealous of?

Morons who end sentences with prepositions.

The only thing pretentious about Nirvana was Cobain’s neuroticism about maintaining his indie cred.
Their music is nothing close to pretentious artsy stuff nor does it try to be at all.

They were rebelling against buttrock, essentially

>They were rebelling against buttrock
You realize "buttrock" is a term coined after Nirvana to classify bands that were influenced by them?

>They were rebelling against buttrock, essentially
Nirvana invented buttrock, it was their clone bands like Nickelcreed and Puddle Of Smack who actually are "buttrock", which if you didn't know, is a term for post-grunge....

Yea Forums likes GnR?

People use buttrock to refer to all sorts od shit. It isn’t just post-grunge.
People will call Zeppelin buttrock.

It doesn’t matter, neither band are nearly as important to rock as you're imagining

Pearl Jam, not Nirvana

That’s the thing, right? Pearl Jam was a much more popular band at the time.
Nirvana was an expression of the direction of rock music of the time. They did not start that direction in music

>People use buttrock to refer to all sorts od shit. It isn’t just post-grunge.
>People will call Zeppelin buttrock
But those people are idiots and shouldn't be congratulated for their idiocy.
>It doesn’t matter, neither band are nearly as important to rock as you're imagining
DIsagree there....couple of the last truly fuckhuge rock bands in history who are still remembered as icons of what "rock" is.

Foo Fighters sold out stadiums decades after them. Foo Fighters are “icons.” Why are aren’t you fellating them?

“Icon” means LA marketing and that’s it

Buttrock was meant to Mock Bands who shaked their asses for female audiences

Then retards on Pitchfork and RYM started calling any band that wasn't a Stroke Clone Buttrock

>Pitchfork and RYM in the 90s
Yeah nah, you're retarded. Granted I've only been discussing music on the internet for like 20 years but even back then buttrock was clearly defined as what we refer to now as post-grunge and some alternative metal

Foo Fighters is not a band anyone associates with rock n' roll.
You're wrong, the term "buttrock" came from 90's radio stations who always said NOTHING BUT ROCK and was always crap like Nickelback and Creed.

You're confusing the term with cock rock.

A friend told me November Rain was a great song. I listened and almost hung myself out of sheer misery. Nirvana > GnR

I felt the same way about Come As You Are! Amazing, simply brilliant.

The term was around since the 80's you morons

The point of “buttrock” is that you’re selling an image with derivative and insincere music. Creed was a blatant rip-off of Pearl Jam, for example.

That being said, Nirvana was a much cooler band than GnR and that whole scene would have been better to see first hand than more ‘80’s hair metal

Luck of the draw dude, don't worry that you were born with shit taste in music. Come As You Are is better than your hair metal power ballad trash track.

>seriously defending GnR in 2019

Attached: 1452633356008.png (934x896, 145K)

Nirvana is for soibois
AiC blows them out the water

I like both bands but I prefer AIC and Soundgarden to either.

Says someone who's taste in music was taught to him by the internet, doesn't own vinyl, and doesn't even see the failure in a rock band who can't play guitar leads

No it wasn't....not at all. Hair metal wasn't a term back then either, and buttrock doesnt mean the same thing as hair metal.
Lol, you think the 90's Seattle scene would have been better to see first hand? You must be a flaming self loathing faggot because there was tons of good morale for rock music and women around LA in the 80's.

My taste in music was taught to me by my superior genes. I'm more about music and sound, not the complex time signatures, though I do appreciate math rock and jazz, if it sounds good overall to my ears (my main criteria for liking something). Vinyl doesn't mean shit btw, welcome to 2019.

If you like Nirvana, you don't have superior genes. You're a beta male.

Says the Cucks n Roses groupie. Comment disregarded.

>Axl Rose threatened to commit suicide if his girlfriend doesn't marry him
What's his issue? Isn't he fucking a shitton of girls on the road?

Nirvana fans pretending to be obnoxiously masculine is a hilarious thing to behold.

>obnoxious
>masculine
Pick one, Lisa

Women like soft and sensitive but hip Cobain types, not the chauvinististic Axl Rose types shaking their butt for the camera and going, “Baby, hand over your hairspray”

>cobain and axl rose hated each other irl, both as people and musically
Cobain did, Axl didn't.
>Surely The Man would never want you to do that!
Le epik Jewish conspiracy xD

lol, I never implied anything about Jews, dumbshit

Axl didn't like how Snobby Cobain could be at times but he actually respected Cobain

What I find weird is that Cobain thought Axl was an asshole but didn't mind the Metallica guys even though Lars and James are even bigger Assholes than Axl, Axl just had anger issues but Lars seemed like a cunt who would bully everyone around him for the heck of it

Maybe back then, but people who I know and met IRL likes both bands. I don't see how any rock fan could like Nevermind and not AFD, and vice versa. They're both god tier classics.

>"You get your Bitch to shut up or I'll take you to the Pavement"
Yeah he just loved Cobain.

That was after Cobain talked shit and antagonized him. Before that Axl was a fan of Nirvana and invited them on tour.

From what I have seen it's mostly fans of Hair Metal bands that flat out died due to Grunge that hate Nirvana

GnR and Bon Jovi survived Grunge and the Death of Hair Metal, so their fans arent as Bitter as fans of some shitty 80's second rate band that nobody remembers

GN'R were never in danger of that though, they were a hard rock band in the same vein as Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin etc.

Sure they might have had teased hair and shit in the very early days when they were playing clubs on the strip, but I don't know anyone can listen to AFD and put them in the same music category as the likes of Poison, Warrant or even Bon Jovi.

Their respective ethos is about as disparate as you could get really.

>They're both god tier classics.
They’re okay at best

Axl and Bret Michales started to wear bandannas after the grunge explosion.