These guys as the kids say are "slept on". Why is that?

These guys as the kids say are "slept on". Why is that?

Attached: simon.jpg (1500x1500, 393K)

these bois are so obscure and L I T my guy, how has nobody heard of them before ?

That's not what I mean retard. No one ever has them on their chart or highly rated. Are they shit or something? I really like them.

1) that's not true
2) i think they're overrated. "great american songwriter" bullshit propagated by suburban dads who want to convince they're wives they're actually very deep and sensitive

it's just pop.

cringe

no YOU cringe, bitch
they're disingenuous trash compared to leonard cohen

Simon hates Garfunkel so much it's breathtaking. You could feed a furnace on how much he can't stand that guy.

I honestly assumed you were posting bait. They were, and still are, very popular, all of their albums sold incredibly well, and they absolutely show up on charts on here. They're also highly rated on rym, and were critically acclaimed when they were releasing music. What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: brudder.jpg (256x197, 8K)

It's 5/5 on the beautiful sounding rating.

>i think they're overrated. "great american songwriter" bullshit propagated by suburban dads who want to convince they're wives they're actually very deep and sensitive
I give two shits about the lyrics. It's their voices.

Leonard Cohen lyrics are great but he fucking sucks at singing dog. It's not even a comparison.

songwriting isn't just lyricism buddy
simon and garfunkel's voices are great and they have their moments melodically but what's the point if most of their shit just meanders

he really doesn't
he knows his range and delivers within it very well

Same reason any deserving artist gets less attention than an undeserving one.

S&G hold equally as well as Brian Wilson, and some of their production is far more forward-looking than anything he did. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme is one of the earliest stereo albums I can think of where the stereo is actually great.

They're one of the most famous groups of all time. There's just a lot of music out there for Yea Forums to have daily discussions about every single artist from the 60's.

just like Grateful Dead, they are utterly incapable of writing an interesting or energetic song and seem to be solely liked by a specific upper middle class selection of boomers.

Le mustachio man

I like them a lot. Paul Simon is one of the few genuinely great (albeit sentimental) 60s lyricists.

You're adorable.

Shame about Garfunkel though, his career just kinda faded away to nothing while Simon went to writing hit after hit without him.

Garfunkel was carried by Simon. His voice is not pleasing.

pleb

>momfolk

Paul Simon ruins almost every one of his songs with a shitty chorus or a shitty bridge.

Attached: 1568068979427x.jpg (1500x1500, 728K)

Attached: giphy.gif (280x280, 154K)

OP has never met a person over 30 apparently

>Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme > Wednesday Morning 3AM > Bookends A side > Sounds of Silence > Bridge Over Troubled Water > Bookends B side