Hiphop and pop have gone stale where they do not incorporate elements of rock music and culture...

Hiphop and pop have gone stale where they do not incorporate elements of rock music and culture. Rock is evolving only where it incorporates elements of metal. All of the innovation and incredible things happening in music today are in metal. Why do you think that is?

Attached: cooper.jpg (540x412, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VDRV5FiW-Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q26k14yBAnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shits just evolving and growing man, everything's going through some sort of culture shock, pressing into new territories. All genres are going through this.

The internet has caused culture to be homogenized. Avant-garde is cliche now.

It sure seems this way, but i think metal stagnates. I listened to metal and rock since i was a small kid and have over 700 Albums in my room and had some more on my pc. Added together this makes almost 5 weeks non stop music, day and night that i listendes to, if you hear a song only once and step to the next. Metal does not progress so much anymore. This sentence is based on that experience. How can you base your opinion? I sure would like to hear some progress, dude.

Attached: Al found something.jpg (1154x1600, 145K)

Nothing has evolved since the 2000's and nothing needs to evolve quite frankly. All we need is no one style to be shoved down our throats, metal, hip hop, and pop have all been perfected, as well as country music and electronic dance music.

Fusions suck post 90s and mostly sucked in the 90s too, just make individual diamonds harder and let people have choice.

People really listen to metal after their teenage angst and consider it art? Fucking lol

youtube.com/watch?v=VDRV5FiW-Pc
Metal (and Jazz) is all about technical proficiency at playing your instrument. That's what it boils down to. Rock is about creating a certain atmosphere and a somewhat dreamy, danceable rhythm with moody guitar passages that can also be somewhat technical. But metal is about playing the most complicated compositions at the highest speed through the most complex distortion setups. It's all about testing the limits of what can be done with an instrument (and the human voice) while most other music genres don't even include instruments. Of course it's where the innovation is happening. And of course it's not pleasant for lovers of lower music to listen to.

>People really listen to metal after their teenage angst and consider it art? Fucking lol

Attached: nu-male.gif (224x224, 3.98M)

What innovation is happening in metal exactly?

Don't bother. It's just a bunch of retards patting themselves on the back for having terrible taste in music.

>Metal (and Jazz) is all about technical proficiency at playing your instrument.

Listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=Q26k14yBAnM

And please read about the jazz harmonic on wikipedia. It´s just shit they play. The jazz harmonics are out of the tritonus and thus they create just a cacophony. In classical music we stay in the 7 tones scale for a reason.

Attached: Nietzsche the Dancer.png (315x443, 231K)

>Listen to this
I really don't want to. It just sounds so boring.

Playing fast is as much innovation as Usain Bolt is innovative for running very fast. Perhaps they could be innovative in some melodic or rythmic sense, but Metal music hasn't done anything particularly exciting and new since the 90's at the latest. Prog metal slop is just the 21st century version of pompous ELP-type wank rock.

But... finding the exact right person, training and nurturing him the exact right way, so that he runs extremely fast, is pretty innovative.

Especially since one of metal's flagships just came up with one of the most boring, flat and uninteresting albums of the decade by far

Metal has flagships?

>Hiphop and pop have gone stale
Explore more

>Rock is evolving only where it incorporates elements of metal.
This is retarded

No that's completely wrong, "technical" is an innacurate label same way "melodic" is.
Tech death/thrash musicians don't try to make tech death/thrash consciously, they're not trying to show off, it's just the way death and thrash riffs have evolved over time to sound like, it's genuine expression unless it's some completely retardo band like rings of saturn.

Yes. Totem poles, bands that you usually recommend

So... he's referring to the new Darkthrone record?

Probably Tool

It's not cliche. Every genre that exists today existed 20 years ago and avant-garde artists had access to all the genres that we have today.

Slipknot and Rammstein are both more popular and more metal than Tool though, so he might have also meant one of those. Their albums weren't particularly good but anyway, it's never the best artists of a genre that gain mainstream success. Their purpose is to make people interested and serve as guides to the actual scene. A metalhead will probably call very different bands flagships of the genre.