How much time do i have to spend here to become a musicologist?

how much time do i have to spend here to become a musicologist?

Attached: 1556501558808.png (542x541, 468K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SteveTomJohn/status/1110211852074713090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post my twitter

All wyboys must die. And all white women must surrender to non-white benis

t. Asian

musicologist is a fucking meme term
anyone that studies music is a musicologist in one way or another, it hardly gives you any authority to police someones taste

"musicologist" seems like the peak example of "those who can't do, teach". Any musicologist worth a damn should be a musician first and foremost

>symphonic algorithms
jesus christ niggers

those who can't do, teach.
and those who can't teach tell people online that "your ignorance is not my responsibility, EDUCATE YOURSELF"

>based black man and idiot iq 70 basedboy have an talk
lol, no wonder blacks hate white cucks of america

the black guy is right except:
>it's not intellect it's acquired taste
>anybody can enjoy beethoven c'mon
The white guys is simply wrong. Seems to have issues with someone liking white music more than black. That's pretty racist

I know this is a bait thread and already posted many times but I just wanted to post my opinion... Where else could I?

Both of them are absoluteley cringey clowns and have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

XD EPIX CENTRIST EVERBODY IS STUPID!!!

musicologist here

My thesis consisted of examining clips of homosexual rappers to determine how they present themselves to the audience.

Is my opinion valid?

No. I am not a centrist. Both of them are wrong on their assertions and show zero knowledge on this topic. Furthermore, you are a total fucking idiot if you think everything is black and white. And you cannot logically assume my politicial stance from my comment.

Go back to school.

funny subject, my thesis was about the organized structures surrounding slutwave from 2010-2014

how much student debt are you two in, and was it really worth it?

Reading comprehension user

>Not everything is black and white you fukin idiot!!!!
>But I can easily dismiss these people as retards without backing anything up
Epic post my friend. Upvoted.

Sort of worth it, but not really. Music is my hobby, so it's nice to make a living out of it. The study i did focused way too much on popular music for my taste. Less song structures or acclaimed music, more 'what makes people stream X over Y' or 'Why is vinyl making a comback?' sorta questions

I'm looking to get involved in festivals, doing line-ups/curation etc.

He's not a real musicologist. they can't afford real food.

maybe he's found a progressive organisation that can employ him to be woke-for-pay?

Rabbi how much do you get paid to shit on centrism?

Musicologists are people who've studied music academically for at least 3 years in college. Nigga 1 over there thinks Beethoven's an android, fuckin "algorithm" ass

yeah and no one should be a historian because they should be making history instead right?

dumbass

because there are no black classical composers or white trap artists...

one does not BECOME a Musicologist. you either are or you aren’t. it happens at birth.

Attached: 034BD355-0AB7-418F-8775-0C0C9C7FB7A7.jpg (354x286, 15K)

I hope the black guy kicks his ass desu.
he deserves to get stomped

not everybody, just (You)

>it's another /pol/tards fall for /pol/ bait thread

What is it with conservahicks and manufacturing outrage?

>Liking shit music is racist

I'm hip hop fan and I can say that trap sucks dick. Go listen to some classic stuff from the 80s and 90s, that's if you can handle the level of testosterone in the music you fucking soiboi.

Hang on a second, did this pasty white nu male really just call a black Chad like Tyler Broderick a white supremacist?

He didn't. OP just put the two posts together so that they'd look related. Who would do something so controversial, yet so brave?

Nope, he did.

twitter.com/SteveTomJohn/status/1110211852074713090

lmao. all that butthurt in the replies

Why do leftists obsessively call "fake news" on anything that might put them in a bad light, even when it's demonstrably not? Do they think we'll just see them calling it fake and assume they're right? That seems vile, scummy, and in awfully bad faith.

IT'S REAL AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Musicologist here - Fred Durst saved music

Attached: freddurst.jpg (671x377, 24K)

Centrism is good, it means you're cutting resources down the middle so everyone is happy. Unfortunate for America, there are a lot of really stupid conservatives who defend the status quo and call themselves centrists.

Musicology is a legitimate thing within anthropology. You don’t need to be a musician yourself to be a musicologist

And what might the status quo be?

A lot of the negative aspects can be boiled down to complete upper class corporate dominance, mass poverty, an illusion of democracy, restrictions on biological freedom, treating veterans like shit, letting cops get away with breaking the law, shitty public education, shitty infrastructure, anti-environmentalism, etc.

Good to see you're not retarded

Sure, but the soichugger in the OP is dismissing any form of cross-cultural comparison that might not reflect favourably on a culture's music as invalid for purely political reasons. That's a corruption of anthropology.

its a trick learned from president cheeto