All things considered, what do you guys think it's most important to keep in mind when you want to become a musician?

All things considered, what do you guys think it's most important to keep in mind when you want to become a musician?
We're talking about lyrics, stage presence, everything.

Attached: Hirasawa.Yui.full.465820.jpg (728x720, 251K)

Being good will not guarantee anything, just increase your chances of making it

ummmm jus b urself?

Attached: 1545988659369.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

honesty

Practice
equipment
hooky music
persona/band image
stage presence

Don't focus on live shit. This is the digital age. Such a small amount of people will see you live in comparison to the mass amount of people you can reach online.

right just ride bikes like ok go lole

Attractiveness > Marketability > Subservience > Talent

Attached: gallagher_2510775b.jpg (620x387, 49K)

No one in Oasis is attractive or talented.

very basic but critical for newbies: making "music" isn't the same thing as playing the correct notes in time

boomer alert

Remember this is gospel

if it doesn’t come bursting out of you
in spite of everything,
don’t do it.
unless it comes unasked out of your
heart and your mind and your mouth
and your gut,
don’t do it.
if you have to sit for hours staring at your computer screen
or hunched over your typewriter
searching for words,
don’t do it.
if you’re doing it for money or
fame,
don’t do it.
if you’re doing it because you want
women in your bed,
don’t do it.
if you have to sit there and rewrite it again and again,
don’t do it.
if it’s hard work just thinking about doing it,
don’t do it.
if you’re trying to write like somebody
else,
forget about it.
if you have to wait for it to roar out of
you,
then wait patiently.
if it never does roar out of you,
do something else.
- Charles Bukowski

Have two parents in show business that will groom you to use a fake persona and hook you up with a record deal at 16.

god who'd wanna be such an asshole

Honestly, having fun. Accept that you're never going to be big or make money off of music, because the whole music industry is a scam run by Jews, and just make what you like and put it out. If you have fun writing lyrics, spend a lot of time on the lyrics. If you have fun performing, spend time improving your stage presence. If you have fun making shitty meme mashups and mass-uploading them to bandcamp, do that. It's as hard as you want to make it, and it really doesn't matter. Just make stuff you like and put it out there.

Never give up on your wildest dreams

What bullshit it contradicts itself.

I love you Yui

Don't be a musician with the goal of being successful, you'll suck ass. Make sure fun music for you and the audience is the end goal. Everything you do is to put on a good show either alone or with your bros.Your practice, your composing, your songwriting must all be done with the purpose of entertaining a crowd, everything else comes second

If you have contacts
Contacts
If you dont have contacts
Contacts and practice

there's so much i want to tell you, OP. I'm not even sure where to begin, but i'll share whatever decides to jump into my mind as i share this with you.

you need to understand that life's all about being able to understand and appreciate how you truly feel about everything and acting on those honest feelings.

music is very similar in this way of being able to express how you truly feel about everything. Songwriting is just a way to help you grasp your feelings and give it a form. Your music needs to have super sharp songwriting for it to even go anywhere. imagine this: Songwriting is the soul and Music Theory is your body. your "soul" determines how your body acts. On top of this, the music that you draw inspiration from will add up to your body in a way, but i'll explain later.

What you need to also know is that there's 4 different layers of things that make up who we are as a person and what makes up the songwriting: Culture, Subjects, aspects that describe the subjects, and the feelings.

the real meat of the songwriting comes from being able to brainstorm this big list of things. To start off, you will need to sit down and think about all of the cultures that you're a part of.

Imagine a big circle with the name of the culture(s) that you're a part of, then try brainstorming all of the subjects and experiences that relates to the culture(s). after listing all of those subjects relating to the culture(s), think about all of the perceivable things on that subject aka the aspects. what do you see? what do you feel? what do you hear? after you list all of the things that describe a subject, NOW you think about how you feel about those details.

Attached: DX1-__FVAAAsI1Q.png (788x612, 631K)

after brainstorming, everything that you need to do for a song then unfolds and becomes clearer. When you are able to come up with a nice brainstormed list of things, you'll need to listen to a LOT of music. find all of the music that you can enjoy listening to and think about how you feel when you listen to that music. the key is to match the feelings with all of the music you listen to with the feelings that you brainstormed with. This helps you form your style.

also, as for metaphors, what you want to do is share and match the aspects that make up multiple subjects. These aspects that are being shared HAVE to give off the same feelings.

Pic related may help clarify what I'm talking about. If you're still confused, let me know. Keep in mind that how others feel about a subject or a culture can be a subject in itself.

Attached: example.png (1294x1024, 35K)

bumpu

desu you should try to be a diy bedroom pop kween like clairochan on youtube

Attached: artworks-000237216503-tq9b8g-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 40K)

don't listen. unless youre really great at marketing you will have to play shows to make real money. so get as good as you can at both

go into a contract knowing you will be fucked