How do I tell death and black metal apart?

How do I tell death and black metal apart?

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jueihyw4QmI
youtube.com/watch?v=l0wAykmn8jw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-bWetvrQa8
youtube.com/watch?v=w5eQuhBfDE0
youtube.com/watch?v=MMOofKbyGIc
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

listen to each for 2 minutes and youll get it

Pretty fucking easily. Black metal is good while death metal isn't.

Death metal uses palm muting a lot and black metal tends to avoid it.

Easiest way is the face paint.

>metal
>good
Seriously what's the fucking difference

death metal is GRAWRARAWWAAAWW
black metal is KARAWRARAWWAAWW

Agreed. Although I like melodic death metal but just the old ones like Dark Tranquility and Eluvium.

black metal is called black metal because the community is entirely bbc pilled and is open to dark skinned minorities invading europe and fucking their wives while death metal is amazing and doesn't sound like tv static

>giving the slightest fuck about meme metal subgenres

Attached: percy1.png (500x544, 90K)

Black metal has goblin vocals, death metal sounds like the cookie monster

Black metal tends to favor (or at least used to favor) tremelo in the faster parts and often used a lot of open chords in the slower sections. Death metal uses palm muting as noted here and generally preferred using solos a lot more than black.

Death metal is fun, black metal is for edgy kids who remained unloved by family and peers.

>he cares about anything metal at all

Attached: lookingdownonanon.png (1080x1920, 1.18M)

>Implying all metal isn't for edgy kids who remaned unloved by family and peers
>"The genre I like isn't like that!!!!"
Shut up you fucking nerd

One is good other is shit

You can't. They're both trash.

Attached: 1512312299546.jpg (1144x888, 90K)

>animeposter

>He can't tell the difference between these styles
youtube.com/watch?v=jueihyw4QmI
youtube.com/watch?v=l0wAykmn8jw
A brainlet indeed

Black metal is barely metal

If you've actually listened to music from both of those subgenres for at least 10 to 15 seconds, then you'd realize how fucking stupid this question truly is.

Holy shit I don't give a fuck about which is better, I just want to tell them apart.

If you can't tell Morbid Angel from Darkthrone, you've got a serious hearing problem.

>Some dudes having fun drunk for a couple of days during a muddy summer open air festival
>some dudes hating the world sitting in the basement because of their emotional trauma
same thing. You‘re right.

Black metal is metal you pretentious fuckwit

How about you listen to them then?
How do I tell eurodance from UK house?

have you listened to them? death metal has low growls, black metal tends to have high pitched shrieks. black metal tends to have a rawer sound to me overall too. death metal also tends to be a bit more technical in my experience. but they really don't sound much alike at all to my ears

Same music, different people, also they're both just as maladjusted and insufferable to be around, in fact I prefer the lonely ones who's only social interaction is posting on imageboards because they can't actually socialize with anyone but metalheads because everyone else hates them, oh wait that's you and every other egotistical dickbrain who loves the intense to hide their massive insecurities and beta male personality

These. BM tends to lack bass. DM usually has a downtuned sound. Blast beats are common to both.
>projection: the post.

anime website

Attached: lickable.jpg (835x1069, 104K)

You wish I was projecting, metalheads have horrid taste and will always be subhuman in the eyes of society.

Thanks. I wonder how I work my job then. You seem to know me a lot better than my boss and customers. You should be a TV psychotherapist.

Lots of things make them peatty easy to tell apart, so I don't really get what the issue is for so many people.

Black metal tends to have rawer, more trebely production and death metal tends to have a cleaner, bassier sound
Death metal uses low growls while black metal uses high screams (as a general rule, that is)
Black metal almost never uses palm muting while it's a cornerstone of death metal ("chugging")
Black metal often makes use of tremolo picked, slow minor melodies and minor chords, while death metal is predominantely chromatic
Death metal favors technicallity, black metal favors simplicity
Death metal is very focused on rythms while black metal tends to place little weight on them

If you can listen to black metal you're not dead. Does that help?

this.
OP, stop being a faggot and use your ears

Nice meme

t. wagecuck
Have fun wasting away in retail because no one else will hire you, and your only escape being your loud, obnoxious "music" which is the only thing holding you back from actually living

There is no point in these being separate genres if the only things that set them apart are scream tone, palm muting and face paint
Metal is all one genre with slightly different forms, there is no point in separating and gate-keeping each one so hard like an obsessed 8 year old with his favorite trucks

He explained very well
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-bWetvrQa8

dude, please ffs listen to the fucking music, there's a big difference in the sound. forget technical bullshit and listen to the form and musicality. totally different approach. if you can't hear it then i'm sorry, you probably have shitty ears.

Explained it very well
Fuck...

>retail
K then

wrong. they're both complete garbage that give you tinnitus

Death Metal is like being mauled to death by a tiger.

Black Metal is like dying of hypothermia in the middle of a blizzard.

Attached: 1557115706220.jpg (750x724, 114K)

What's with all the actual fucking babies in this thread? Did something happen in the last 2 years I've not been on this shitty board?

No. There are still plebs who can‘t appreciate music for what it is and have to act elitist. Everything stayed the same.

Accreate

Attached: 1564495921896.jpg (540x720, 83K)

>acts like a fucking baby when I make a point
>you probably have shitty ears
Metalheads have the shittiest ears out of any poster on Yea Forums
>probably have minor tinnitus at least
>actually had to think metal was good in the first place
>refuse to call other, better genres with actual technical skill 'good'
Turn off your metal, sit in a quiet room for a few days, and then listen to actual music you fucking cromagnid
Based
I know, this sudden resurgence in metal has brought out a lot of manshilldren

Attached: tard.png (500x474, 208K)

i'm not a metalhead you fucking cockgrinder, i despise most metal but i can tell the difference between the two because i listen to the music and i have proper functioning ears.

No one who despises most metal would speak like you did, fucking shill

Take your meds, faggot.

one makes you black, which is cool
the other makes you dead, which is an eternal mystery and the root of all anxiety and religious feeling

dude stop assuming. use your ears or change board please. ears here are required. you don't have them, i'm sorry for you.

Take your anthrax metaltard
>stop assuming
>assumes I don't have ears
At least try...

you're a poor troll let me tell you. no creativity whatsoever. is there anything in life you are good at? except for wasting oxygen i mean?

based

there actually is no difference, metal is good, youre very right

how old is this train, looks like he's 50+ how the hell a senior citizen goin to be a train and sill wear green lol, the madman

they sound completely different. if you're really having a hard time listen to classic death metal vs classic black metal, they're extremely different

Did someone in a Metallica shirt bully you in high school?

dunno

i was thinking about it for an hour and 18 minutes and i still dunno

Death metal generally has better production and musicianship, but is usually also much less cool.

It's easy

>black metal
youtube.com/watch?v=w5eQuhBfDE0

>death metal
youtube.com/watch?v=MMOofKbyGIc

Attached: download (28).jpg (284x177, 10K)

Death Metal - sounds similar to Anal Cunt
Black Metal - sounds similar to Tool