The perfect band

the perfect band.
huge diverse discography with catchy songs, beautiful songs, techno songs, rock songs, etc.
thom sings beautifully and truly captures self loathing and depression in his lyrics
it just doesn't get any better

Attached: 27-radiohead-1993.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/193801646
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

surely you're joking

If you don't like them, go back to Captain Beefheart, this os not for you

The perfect band would never release something like this
vimeo.com/193801646

Go back to Faust, this is not for you

>the perfect band.
>huge diverse discography with catchy songs, beautiful songs, techno songs, rock songs, etc.
>thom sings beautifully and truly captures self loathing and depression in his lyrics
>it just doesn't get any better

Attached: pure-so-im-with-er-black-lives-matter-brainlet-hashtag-53142529.png (500x608, 87K)

Go back to Archers of Loaf, this is not for you

I like Radiohead and I will state it on this board, fuck everyone who thinks Radiohead are shit, OKC and AMSP are masterpieces, absolutely outstanding music, Jonny’s guitar skills are excellent, the lyrics would be great if I could understand them, No Surprises is beautiful, Paranoid Android is gritty, Reckoner is one of the greatest songs ever.

HTTT and IR are unironically their only albums that live up to their hype. PH and TB are middling, overbearingly average post-grunge shit, OC tries way too hard to be a 90s pink floyd album, and Kid A and Amnesiac are failed experiments that each contain only a handful of good songs that should have just been consolidated into one lp

i agree op. pure consistent high quality music with a couple masterpiece albums thrown in. there is alot of depth and layer to their music and actually good lyrics/concepts while still remaining in the pop/rock realm of things.

I don't give a shit about music about self-loathing and depression.

go back to twatter then normalfag

HTTT is their 2nd worst album though

radiohead has shitty lyrics.
>I WIISSHH I WAS SPECIALLLL UR SO FUCKINGG SPECIALLLLL
>HER HITLER HAIRDO IS MAKING ME FEEL ILL
>KILL YOURSELF FOR RECOGNITTION KILL YOURSELF TO NEVER EVER STOP

This is the worst band picture I've ever seen
Thom looks like a GTA Online character

Based schizo making fake lyrics

those are real lyrics. first one is from creep, second one is from karma police, third one is from high & dry.

no

Cringe. Go see a therapist, incel.

>The album that's a concise, balanced, distilled culmination of all of their hit-or-miss laptop-vs-gen x prog rock fuckery from 97-01 is their 2nd worst album
>Pleb status:
>Successfully filtered

Attached: DyQ48RtX4AAmHn9.jpg (892x1200, 129K)

There’s some great songs on there like 2+2, Where I End, Scatterbrain, Wolf. But there’s also steaming garbage like Punchup at a Wedding. It suffers from being inconsistent - if they narrowed it down and got rid of the shit songs on there it would be pretty good.
The King of Limbs is more consistent than HTTT.

>Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music. The sound of Kid A (2000) had decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds were processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead moved as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it. Radiohead became masters of the artificial, masters of minimizing the emotional content of very complex structures. Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath. Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything.

Attached: file.png (200x200, 60K)

no one actually has an argument against me showing radiohead has shit lyrics

>crickets

he says a bunch of cool shit that is true about radiohead but he interprets it as not good and doesnt like it lol. the fuck is wrong with him

>Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath

that's awesome

>huge diverse discography
this is the only offensive part of this post. Their discography is kind of small considering how long they've been around.

Thom is a baritone?