'Patrician' Albums

Does anyone on this board still listen to/discuss these? This chart feels extremely out of vogue (with a handful of notable exceptions)

Attached: 3094503940.jpg (1737x1750, 784K)

>inb4 '2011 edition'. I can see that.

I still regularly listen to some of these bands, especially Faust, Univers Zero, Pere Ubu, Residents and Amon Duul. But USA, Circulatory System, It's a Beautiful Day, The Books, Silver Apple, 3rd Ear Band and Hash Jar Tempo are all really fucking good. Great chart overall, but the Patriciancore from 2014 still is the best one.

So do I. This board has never mentioned The Dream Syndicate or X in the time I've been here. Which feels like a shame.

It's really a shame how many of these albums are ostracised by retards.

I don't suppose you could post the 2014 chart?

here you go fren

Attached: 1551198371892.jpg (1573x2326, 711K)

+1 point for Popol
-100 For no PFM, Akvarium, Zvuki Mu, Tuotara, Morricone, Schnittke and The Byrds.

Attached: 1561600423669s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Holy shit I've only heard like 5 of these. Thanks so much.

someone posted this chart when i wanted more things like this heat

Attached: ThisHeatChart.png (2448x1452, 976K)

Every once in a while, someone will mention Dream Syndicate in a Mazzy Star thread, which are fairly rare themselves if not just straight up waifuposting, but never like any real in-depth discussion or anything. Feel like I've seen an HOLY SHIT Under The Big Black Sun poster a couple times but that might just be you. Is it you, user?

It's not actually. X is one of my favorite bands of the era and I've never even mentioned them on /mu that I can recall. Also Mazzy threads are once in a blue moon. I'd say more than half of this chart is completely ignored these days.

Why are music hipsters obsessed with bad singing?

If by 'bad' you mean off-key vocals.
I like it because it doesn't sound completely manufactured and gives something organic to the music

How the fuck is In the Aeroplane Over the Sea "High IQ music"? What does that even mean?

Organically shitty, you mean.

moo was never good

I personally almost never mind bad vocals if the music is good. Sometimes bands like Polvo do get dampened a bit by that for me though.

grand. much appreciated buddy.

>Getting baited by a meme from 2011

>univers zéro
Based
>itaots
Cringe

I have no idea who came up with the idea that IQ is correlated with what music you like.
Not everyone is equally into music and that stems from the fact that everyone is different
No music is more "High IQ" than anything else.

autism bait tier

and out of date by 5 years

>spiritualized
>patrician

Sounds like something a bad vocalist would say as a coping mechanism.

Attached: 1565273035163.jpg (1920x1080, 1021K)

What would be some patrician albums of this decade? I can't really think of many

They hate beauty and western ideals

Psych rock isn't patrician, it's the most commonly revered era of rock music, whoever made this chart was either trolling or an unironic poser.

this
some of the smartest people i know listen to default spotify shit on shuffle

stabscotch - uncanny valley
black midi - schlagenheim
abu lahab - humid limbs
murmuure - murmuure

here you go user, made you a list

Attached: topsters2 (17).jpg (2080x644, 151K)

I don't see any Hendrix, Cream, 13th Floor Elevators, or similar artists on it. This isn't a psychedelic chart.

I love the 1st Imaginary Symphony

What do the patriciancore albums generally sound like? Based on the album covers and artist names I have always thought they are either experimental, avant-garde or free jazz

It depends, OP's pic is mostly psychodelic rock

Yeah a lot of the one's I've heard on OP chart were very accessible.

PFM is pretty based ngl.

This. It's as embarassing as "muh style" deviantart.

>no Arbeit Macht Frei
Garbage chart.