The anthony fantano of punk and hardcore

>the anthony fantano of punk and hardcore

Attached: artworks-000475999695-1077s1-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 55K)

So a total retard who doesn't know anything about the music he reviews and who sold out his political views and exchanged them for overly simplistic soundbites because he doesn't want to get called alt-right again?

He hardly judges his subject matter at all, and his videos are informative and often rooted in experience, and if not experience, research. They're also actually worth watching. He's like the opposite of Fantano in those ways.

Attached: 99adfdad27bb5b635988770d5e0f77de.jpg (564x752, 64K)

His videos are also extremely biased and he says things that are purely subjective and tries to pass it off as objective fact. To paraphrase and simplify this kind of thing he does...

>metal sucked, but metalcore made it good, because it made people like me enjoy it and people like me are the only ones who matter!!!!

Metalcore was disliked by a lot of metal fans for a reason, but according to him it was the only good thing to come out of metal and metal has no value if it isn't a genre pandering to kids who grew up on skatepunk and pop punk, apparently

>metal sucked
that's just a fact tho

His video on Ronnie was awesome. I don't care what anyone says Ronnie is based af.

Except not, at least Fantano can admit to his liking of popular music, this faggot tries to find the most borderline obscure but ever so slightly relevant bands in each of their respective genres and acts like everyone should know and respect them, whilst even himself knows that the bands he is praising aren't shit.

>metalcore sucked
ftfy!

they both sucked

>His videos are also extremely biased blah blah blah
He's a youtuber, not a reporter.

never disrespect finn like that ever again

He's a youtuber posing as a music critic. Once again, he tries to pass his subjective opinion off as objective fact, and that is obnoxious. Especially when he's not well read about many of the things he talks about.

You will notice he shits on anyone who knows more about him in a particular genre to prove his points, and his points are all based on how he "feels" not what is true or not.

>Guyth...lemme tell ya....people who thay what I like ithnt metal or punk are just athholethes, and let me prove it by trying to make them look like athholethes rather than make a point about what maketh muthic good or bad, cuz all that matterth ith that I thay it is

>metal sucked, but metalcore made it good
To be fair very little happened in mainstream metal since early 00's and it's last popular wave around that time. The genre was stagnating (and it is still going nowhere)
At least metalcore and deathcore brought new audience and ideas to it. I didn't made it good or whatever. It just made it a evolve and helped some old bands to gain a lot of new fans.
>Especially when he's not well read about many of the things he talks about.
So what did he said that was wrong? Most of the time he's just telling stories about his own experience in hardcore scene.

>Metalcore was disliked by a lot of metal fans for a reason
>people like me are the only ones who matter!!!!

only just found out the other day that he was sergeant d from stuff you will hate
finn if you're reading this put the archive back up you coward
also it's really funny that he was a part of the og powerviolence scene and now he just makes videos about attack attack and i set my friends on fire and shit

yeah all those obscure bands like fall out boy, new found glory and blink 182.

>To be fair very little happened in mainstream metal since early 00's and it's last popular wave around that time. The genre was stagnating (and it is still going nowhere)
>At least metalcore and deathcore brought new audience and ideas to it. I didn't made it good or whatever. It just made it a evolve and helped some old bands to gain a lot of new fans.
Disagree that metal was going nowhere or is going nowhere, but regardless.....you're missing the point. Metal has been arguably the biggest and most popular world wide genre of rock music but because this asshole didn't like it UNTIL metalcore that somehow renders all of it bad? Oh yeah, metal didn't ever have a place in the world despite the millions of fans worldwide until guys like him were able to enjoy it....that's retarded, and the point I was making. I'm not even saying metalcore is bad even though I personally think most of it is or that it didn't have it's place or that I don't get why a certain demographic liked it, he does the opposite....he tries to pass off the narrative that metal was shit until the moment he got into it which is bullshit and if you want to argue in that kind of dickheaded arrogant way you will get flack from people, which he has, and which he handles by calling those people losers who just are too unhip to understand, even though there is nothing more unhip than being a middle aged man clinging to mid 2000s teen music you were too old for in the first place when it was happening
>So what did he said that was wrong? Most of the time he's just telling stories about his own experience in hardcore scene.
I've covered that and I'm not going to backtrack and go through his videos to find specific quotes, but his videos are full of this bullshit condescending rhetoric that I'm talking about.

What interesting happened with metal after lets say mid 00's. I can't remember many new signed and innovative bands. Something fun and experimental might emerge from underground occasionally, but mainstream metal is basically the same as it was 15 years ago. Same sounds, same genres. Djent was probably the only new sounding thing over the last 10 years.

As for him not liking metal. From what I saw he mostly doesn't likes people with "New music is shit. Only metal is metal!" attitude. And quite honestly I understand that. Everyone got his own taste and there's no universal definition of "good" or "bad" music.
Hey. I actually really loved melodeath when I was 18. And I love screamo now. He hates both of them. It doesn't bothers me. Everyone got it's own taste. But it doesn't makes his videos about US hardcore any less interesting.

I liked him better when he went by the name SargentD and trolled INM back in the blogspot days. Not surprisingly ppl not familiar with this fact take him way too seriously, dude is legit af but also a major troll.
Wish CARLES makes a similar comeback but last I heard he quitted writing is dedicated to a full time job. Also dont know how HRO could work today

I like him because was actually in the scene and knows more about hardcore first hand than probably anyone ITT. Most of the stuff he talks about sucks, but he definitely knows about it. The Fantano comparison doesn't follow.

>metalcore made it good, because it made people like me enjoy it

he was literally friends with people in the '90s powerviolence scene lol

yeah the tonal shift from his Sgt days to now is pretty funny.

>he was literally friends with people in the '90s powerviolence scene lol

and?

love this guy
got me back into modern hardcore seconhandeldly, now I love Knocked Loose, Vein and Jesus Piece

You have been visited by Laura Dyatlov.

This thread is currently reading 22 replies (not great, not terrible).

Attached: 1555772212339.jpg (1301x650, 125K)

>anthony fantano
>punk and hardcore
Completely irrelevant, glad I don't know who this snapback wearing idiot is. Why would anyone care about any of those things, all of that shit is without merit.

Thatistheplan was based tho

And it ended with the alt-right controversy.