youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE
youtu.be/sm8Z9V8I0cA
youtube.com/watch?v=UGiruo6K238
youtube.com/watch?v=gw5-pGKpRHk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3iV--DenCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not doing drugs
Square lol.

But yeah anyway I like old school Aerosmith fine enough but even still they're not one of my favorites or anything, and a lot of their modern fanbase obviously is like moms who like shitty songs like "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"

Attached: aerosmithrevolution.jpg (480x640, 66K)

All their hits are positive and catchy.

It’s mom rock

dumb beer drinking rock i guess, but i much prefer acdc for that

They rode the wave of mid-70s buttrock

Pic related is one of the best hard rock albums of the 70s. Actually make an effort to listen to it before you say some shit btw.

Attached: 0000277847.jpg (500x500, 39K)

i dont listen to acdc to drink beer i listen to acdc to rock out

Search their b-sides and deep cuts. Songs like You See Me Crying far exceed the pop rock and Arena ballads they are known for. It's a shame, really. I saw them live, and Tyler's range is still unmatched.

i hate them

Cool I was just listening to Rock in a Hard Place, which not everyone likes because they were washed-up drug addicts at the time and there's no Perry/Whitford. The production is fantastic though, they spent $2.5 million making the album and you can tell. Jack Douglas was a god.

>Aerosmith
>BOC
>KISS
>BTO
>Bad Company
>Montrose

That transitional period between the hippie era and punk when rock was dominated by basic, uncomplicated meat and potatoes hard rock.

kiss is good shut up

>I saw them live, and Tyler's range is still unmatched.
He has one of the great freak voices in rock. There's nobody that's ever quite sounded like him.

The've been clean for over 30 years though?
And garage rock? You don't even know wtf that is.
Aerosmith plays fun heavy bluesrock with anthemic choruses sprinkled with glam.
youtube.com/watch?v=h3Yrhv33Zb8
youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw
youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

Aerosmith are great though.

Christgau said most garage rock bands are overhyped and can't really cut it against pros like Aerosmith.

Black music followed the same parallel at that time as it was dominated by hard funk.

From what I've heard of people who saw them on that tour, they started out strong and put on some good shows with top-tier performances, but as the tour wore on, Tyler started relapsing into drugs and was a total shambles by the end who could barely stand up on stage. Plus they'd fallen from being arena headliners to an opening act for other groups.

Aerosmith is a favorite of Kurt Donald Cobain.

All of those bands are far more complicated musically than punk rock.

They have a swinging beat, something that got lost in rock and roll. Truly one of the last great rock and roll bands before things got hard and stiff.

No fun allowed rock music can't swing!

That's so true. It's a great album. It's definitely my favorite album by Aerosmith.

Get A Grip and older is primo, the newer shit is cash grab mommy pop-rock

>t. seething tranny

Tell me now it's untruuuuue
What did her daddy dooooooooooo

HE TRIED TO LAY THE PRETTY BABY
THE MAN HAS GOT TA BE INSAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

No way.

youtu.be/sm8Z9V8I0cA

I think that album showed just how much Steven Tyler is the entire band and they didn't really need Whitford and the hugely overrated Perry to function. Jimmy Crespo absolutely clobbered him for technical ability, it was only too bad he never found the right band or sound or something to get his career off the ground.

Spaced is such a dumb song but I love it.

>Joanie's Butterfly
>holy god that title sounds absolutely filthy
>expect a rocker with lyrics that would make Gene Simmons blush
>yfw it's just a weird acoustic psych ballad

Pre-PV Aerosmith was legitimately filthy, degenerate amped-up barroom rock. KISS were always a pop band (simple song structures with power chords rather than riffs and big shoutalong choruses) and a fairly calculated one at that, they couldn't match them for grittiness.

Bon Scott-era AC/DC were closer, though Scott still couldn't quite match Steven Tyler as a songwriter (Brian Johnson AC/DC was a lot more KISS-like).

>KISS were always a pop band (simple song structures with power chords rather than riffs
I see you haven't listened to actual KISS albums
youtube.com/watch?v=UGiruo6K238
youtube.com/watch?v=gw5-pGKpRHk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3iV--DenCw

Though, despite that you are right in the fact that Aerosmith and AC/DC have more in common, KISS wasn't a straight up pop band nor were they riffless, but they had a much bigger and unapologetic pop influence because they loved The Beatles and harmonies and shit. Aerosmith and AC/DC both had much more swaggy/dirty bluesy sides to them.