Love the chorus

>love the chorus
>hate everything else
Any songs that give you this terrible feel?

Attached: 1552510786018.jpg (580x580, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWJYaep-0sg
youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI
youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E
youtu.be/FFHyT64ITnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u24e43iW9KE
youtube.com/watch?v=0wrsZog8qXg
youtube.com/watch?v=BKA6_zkXi0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most Power Metal. They have catchy, soaring choruses, but then proceed to put no effort into their verses. Lackluster riffage doesn't help either. 90% of Power Metal sucks though, so it isn't too surprising.

Honestly, there's a lot of songs where I feel the opposite, where most of the song is good but the chorus is cheesy and poppy.

Freewill by Rush is a good example of that. The chorus isn't that bad, but the rest of the song is way cooler.

Also, Beast and the Harlot by A7X. Not a huge fan A7X, but City of Evil is a decent album, despite that really shitty chorus.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWJYaep-0sg
ultimate example of this

That's not what I asked for tho, brother.

Well, then I got nothing. I'm not a huge sucker for catchyness, so often times my favorite part of the song isn't the chorus, and even when it is, I can't think of examples where I plain dislike the rest of the song.

Lullaby by Shawn Mullins

stockton by death grips

I Don't Want to Wait by Paula Cole

There are a bunch of Everything Everything songs that are like this for me, like No Reptiles

Attached: ojos.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>No Reptiles
hey fuck you bro I love that song

the first 20 or so seconds of will he by joji is genuinely beautiful
the rest is sadboy soundcloud trap garbage

Bowie - Starman

Attached: 4350EA37-C987-4E94-B5AF-237F2C1DB3CE.jpg (533x538, 82K)

>Sad Eyed Lady if the Lowlands

I’m perfectly serious, the verse is such absolute and utter balls and goes on forever but fuck me what a beautiful chorus. It annoys me when people think this is Bob’s best song because it is so vacuous beyond the surface.

Attached: 0E301552-DB34-4A0F-AB1B-B9C1EBAEF8F1.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Imagine being this much of a pleb

Not even a fan of Lil Peep or Tracy but MAN is this chorus a slapper
youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI

Great example

>the verses are good but the chorus is trash
This is worse. Especially when the "chorus" is just humming or repeating a single word.

As someone who plays open mics live a lot you have just reminded me of the most irritating of all, someone going “OOOOOOOOH AAAAAH” over a gently fingerpicked guitar. Makes me want to kill.

creep

Lots of QOTSA songs

Very much this: youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E

In particular youtu.be/FFHyT64ITnQ

Almost all Panic! At the Disco songs (except build god then we'll talk, that was pretty good all the way through)

Yeah same

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=u24e43iW9KE

One of my favorite songs but the verses ruin it

youtube.com/watch?v=0wrsZog8qXg

>hate the song
>love the coda that appears in the last 20 songs and wish the whole song were like that

this happens to me in many songs, an example from a big hit

I dont like What a Girl Wants, but like the ending of the song from 3:12 on, and wish that had been the main motif of the song

youtube.com/watch?v=BKA6_zkXi0M