Tool's best song

Shitposting aside what do you think is their best song?

Attached: CyGjooopMUguKvopwu3DNQ-650-80.jpg (650x365, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=POdNTtDi-eA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

message to hairy man back

Third Eye

If they did an album full of shit like that I would dig it.
The hot topic crowd wouldn't like much though.

this one

their fans being silent for 13 years

let's play that one again

please

the one about child rape

Attached: 1567569477892.png (2524x1340, 1.65M)

Literally ever Tool fan likes that song, don't be gay.

This. Prison Sex is genuinely a great song.

>The hot topic crowd
you mean underage kids who are all mentally ill and won't say anything when maynard rapes them

The Grudge

because he wrote the truth about himself

“A lot of time when a child is sexually abused they put it out of their mind,” Jones added in the same interview. “Then they grow up and they don’t understand this unrest that they have in them. They turn to different ways to try to channel it. They become alcoholics or become codependent or whatever. So what our video deals with is someone who has that happen to them. To channel it, they sexually molest another child. … In the song, it talks about ‘I become full circle.’ And that’s what that means. This happened, I grew up and now I’m doing it to someone else. That’s why it’s written from the antagonist’s point of view is like, ‘This is what happened to me.'”

It's obvious Maynard was raped by his stepfather, he has always hated him and was very vocal in old interviews. Live versions of Prison Sex will often change lyrics to
'I have become my terror and you are my lamb'
Prison Sex is about how he was raped and now he has to rape to feel whole, it's the cycle of child abuse

Maynard and Adam are into black magick and mean to do others harm

Yeah, The Grudge is my favorite as well. I played 46 and 2 to death unfortunately, hopefully I don't make the same mistake with Invincible.

Let's for a change list all of the actual songs which are neither segue/instrumental/wierd shit (with the exception of Third Eye, as it's mainly a song and just a bit of a segue), not live-only, and no covers:

>Sweat
>Hush
>Part of Me
>Opiate
>Intolerance
>Sober
>Prison Sex
>Bottom
>Crawl Away
>Swamp Song
>Undertow
>4°
>Flood
>Stinkfist
>Eulogy
>H.
>46&2
>Hooker with a Penis
>jimmy
>Pushit
>Aenema
>Third Eye
>The Grudge
>The Patient
>Schism
>Parabol/Parabola
>Ticks & Leeches
>Lateralus
>Disposition/Reflection
>Vicarious
>Jambi
>Wings pt 1/pt 2
>The Pot
>Rosetta Stoned
>Intension
>Right in Two
>Fear Inoculum
>Pneuma
>Invincible
>Descending
>Culling Voices
>7empest

Wow, Tool made 42 actual songs over the course 29 years. That's about 1.45 (less that one-and-a-half) songs per year. Really makes you think.

Complementary, here the aforementioned segue/instrumental/weird shit:

>The Gaping Lotus Experience
>Disgustipated
>Useful Idiot
>Message to Harry Manback
>Intermission
>Die Eier von Satan
>Cesaro Summability
>(-) Ions
>beginning of Third Eye
>Message to Harry Manback II
>Merkaba
>LAMC
>Maynard's Dick
>Eon Blue Apocalypse
>Mantra
>Triad
>Faaip de Oiad
>Lipan Conjuring
>Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann)
>Viginti Tres
>Litanie contre la Peur
>Legion Inoculant
>Chocolate Chip Trip
>Mockingbeat

>pretending Disposition and Reflection is the same song just because it's sequenced that way with a drum segue
shig

Maynard's Dick is a standard rock song though.

theres so many, but i think lost keys/rosetta stoned is it
also a good choice
the quality of these songs are beyond anything most people come even close to putting out though

Disposition/Reflection/Triad is very often considered a single entity (a suite if you will), it's even marked on the album back cover that way. Triad was omitted as it's an instrumental and was moved to the "segues etc." department.

It's a hidden joke song from the elusive Salival though, thus it's quite hard to treat it as a "proper" song. If you did, you might want to insist on the Gaping Lotus Experience being a standard song as well.

Other songs which were released:

>Cold and Ugly (live-only)
>Jerk-Off (live-only)
>You Lied (live-only, Peach cover)
>No Quarter (Led Zeppelin cover)

(The live versions of Third Eye, Part of Me, and Pushit that were released on Salival are not counted given that studio versions of those songs were released earlier.)

Eulogy

Attached: tool-madness-2011.png (1000x700, 134K)

Faaip de Oiad/Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned

Best song aside, where the fuck are the vinyl reissues? I need 10000 days on vinyl fucking right now.

You might want to put Lipan Conjuring in there as well (between Faaip de Oiad and Lost Keys).

The secret song you get when combining 3 songs from 10,000 days. I'm not kidding.

>mixing the Wings tracks and VT in a superspecial way will given you a secret song/message/whatever
Welcome, traveller from 2006

Based
I would also accept Lateralus, Eulogy, or Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned

But they have nothing musically in common, they're just bleed into each other on the album for whatever reason. They're separate songs
It's irrelevant how it's released, it's a traditional rock song, with a verse, a chorus a middle section, etc.
GLE is a jam with some rambling on it, it is technically a song since it's music with singing, but it isn'y exactly 'standard' in terms of popular music structure. It still could fall under "weird shit"
Maynard's Dick can not, it's one of the most traditional rock songs they've ever done.

Holy fuck i had no idea. Thats amazing.

How tf did their two best songs get the 3,4 seed in the same bracket?

don't care if it's normie, parabol(a)
shit's good

Scratch that, just noticed it’s by album

Attached: 2944B343-C70A-453A-A543-A7B5A8256421.jpg (700x512, 46K)

For me, it's The Pot

It sure is user. Lateralus is the fucking tits front to back.

Ok, then have Disposition and Parabol as separate songs, and take also the four live-only/cover songs mentioned, then instead of 42 songs you'll have 46&2 songs. Happy now?

>it’s by album
Well kind of. I guess they separated all the songs into four 16-song brackets as well as they could for it to make sense.

Yeah

>16-song
"16-track" would be more appropriate, given that a large chunk are not really actual songs (see ).

>Parabol
That has a lot in common with Parabola though, they are essentially two parts of the same song.

Ok lol. Then take Disposition and Maynard's Dick and the four songs from to get your 46&2 Tool songs package.

Lateralus for me

>Triad

Fuck outta here. So post rock isn’t music?

If that contest was made today, what would the brackets be? Obviously some filler shit would need to be thrown out in order to accomodate the new songs (there's most likely no way you'd come up with 128 Tool tracks in any way). I guess most of the least-songlike segues/weird tracks would need to be ignored

There's 75 tracks (including the hidden ones on Opiate and Salival) on their 7 main releases. That means 11 would need to be omitted to form a 64 track pool to divide into 4 brackets.

Some good candidates to omit:
>Useful Idiot [is an outro to H.]
>Intermission [is an intro to jimmy]
>Third Eye (live) [studio version exists]
>Part of Me (live) [studio version exists]
>Pushit (live) [studio version exists]
>Message to Harry Manback II [can be taken toghether with the first one]
>You Lied (live) [is a live-only cover]
>Mantra [given e.g. the music video, can be treated as an intro to Schism]
>Parabol [is an intro to Parabola]
>Wings for Marie [can be treated as one song with 10,000 Days]
>Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann) [is an intro to Rosetta Stoned]

Now the remaining 64 tracks would need to be reasonably divided into 4 brackets, and the games could begin.

Pushit or Eulogy for sure

I don't get the hype at all for Lateralus (the track), it's one of their worst for me. Sounds like the band Disturbed could have made it. Is the popularity due to muh fibonacci?

youtube.com/watch?v=POdNTtDi-eA

Attached: 1442191811906.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

No, actually I meant the combination of them together as one song.

Opiate.

The 64 contestants (divided into 4 groups of 16) would be:

>Sweat
>Hush
>Part of Me
>Cold and Ugly (live)
>Jerk-Off (live)
>Opiate
>The Gaping Lotus Experience
>Intolerance
>Sober
>Prison Sex
>Bottom
>Crawl Away
>Swamp Song
>Undertow
>4°
>Flood

>Disgustipated
>Stinkfist
>Eulogy
>H./Useful Idiot
>Forty-Six & 2
>Message to Harry Manback I/II
>Hooker with a Penis
>Intermission/jimmy
>Die Eier von Satan
>Pushit
>Cesaro Summability
>Aenema
>(-) Ions
>Third Eye
>Merkaba (live)
>No Quarter (Led Zeppelin cover)

>LAMC
>Maynard's Dick
>The Grudge
>Eon Blue Apocalypse
>The Patient
>Mantra/Schism
>Parabol/Parabola
>Ticks & Leeches
>Lateralus
>Disposition
>Reflection
>Triad
>Faaip de Oiad
>Vicarious
>Jambi
>Wings for Marie/10,000 Days

>The Pot
>Lipan Conjuring
>Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann)/Rosetta Stoned
>Intension
>Right in Two
>Viginti Tres
>Fear Inoculum
>Pneuma
>Litanie contre la Peur
>Invincible
>Legion Inoculant
>Descending
>Culling Voices
>Chocolate Chip Trip
>7empest
>Mockingbeat

Now these would need to be shuffled around to come up with reasonably seeded brackets.

The abrupt ending of Faaip de Oiad and the fading-in of Lost Keys don't flow together that much, so you might just as well put Lipan Conjuring in between.

Well, the ideal way to do it is to play Faaip de Oiad in the background of Lost Keys. Exactly when Faaip ends, the nurse dialogue starts.

>Exactly when Faaip ends, the nurse dialogue starts.
Do you imply this is entirely intensional?

I guess a good way to do would be not to mix Faaip de Oiad in a straighforward way, but somewhat muffled way and with a lot of stereo panning, to give it a feel of delusions/delirium.

this is what Yea Forums's favorite band looks like

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wasn't as excited to try DMT after realizing what it's about

fpbp

>aliens

Attached: even_possible_aliens[1].gif (480x271, 2.04M)

Rosetta Stoned

Perhaps I should stop smoking so much DMT. But it's an interesting engaging song that I'm able to relate to in some degree.

In 2011 it was not that hard to make good bracketing with 4 main albums at that time. Now with 5 albums it's much more difficult to create 4 properly balanced brackets.

>“A lot of time when a child is sexually abused they put it out of their mind,” Jones added in the same interview. “Then they grow up and they don’t understand this unrest that they have in them. They turn to different ways to try to channel it. They become alcoholics or become codependent or whatever. So what our video deals with is someone who has that happen to them. To channel it, they sexually molest another child. … In the song, it talks about ‘I become full circle.’ And that’s what that means. This happened, I grew up and now I’m doing it to someone else. That’s why it’s written from the antagonist’s point of view is like, ‘This is what happened to me.'”
>It's obvious Maynard was raped by his stepfather, he has always hated him and was very vocal in old interviews. Live versions of Prison Sex will often change lyrics to
>'I have become my terror and you are my lamb'
>Prison Sex is about how he was raped and now he has to rape to feel whole, it's the cycle of child abuse

I'm doing DMT for the first time tomorrow, will I also meet aliens and have a mental breakdown?

>Opiate/Undertow: 17 entries
>Aenima/Salival: 17 entries
>Lateralus: 11 entries
>10k Days: 9 entries
>Fear Inoculum: 10 entries
Yes, it seems quite a lot harder to do this. Basically one of the main albums would not have its own bracket but need to have its tracks dispersed over others. But which one? Even if you pick one, would that not unbalance the situation of somehow suggesting that this album is "worse"/"weaker" than the others, thus influencing the votes?

Hey guys, astral projector here.

I can assure you Maynard has lived a hard life and that he has been challenged many times with addiction and abuse.

He has projected the negative in these challenges to his inner circles and through his music, to his fans.

Tool is a coping mechanism for him. It is a handshake into actualizing the life he wants to live. It is complex and he really gets off on that because of how cathartic it can be to process his old self through art, and immediately reflect.

He has done questionable things. No doubt. Every one here has as well

About rape, no. He did not perform level 9 Crowley faggotry.

>unbalance the situation of somehow suggesting that
>of
*by

The Opiate/Undertow tracks should be deprioritized and divided among the 4 brackets. Prove me wrong

Pushit (live) and Reflection, followed closely by Third Eye and Eulogy

Possibly. You may have trouble getting enough smoke into your lungs. I prefer to take my DMT orally with a MAOi, but I will consider myself inexperienced, and unable to adequately provide you with the guidance you seek.

>ayyyyyliums

Attached: 1563491668886.gif (304x376, 3.05M)

Luckily there will be experienced people around, I just hope I don't shit the bed.

It is dangerous to go alone. Wear this

Attached: 1567547488612_.jpg (614x668, 114K)

That's problematic though. For instance, in which bracket should Sober compete?

Kek

HEY GUYS LOOK OUT DON'T WALK THROUGH THAT DOOR
oh god oh fuck he's waiting for them...
THERE'S A MAN BEHIND THE DOOR

hahaha. I hope the same.

Two best songs for each album/EP
Opiate: Opiate, Cold and Ugly
Undertow: Bottom, Prison Sex
Ænima: Eulogy, Third Eye
Lateralus: Parabol/a, Ticks & Leeches
10,000 days: Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious
Fear Inoculum: 7empest, Descending

Attached: cereal_guy_01.jpg (965x828, 72K)

who is Harry Manback anyway?

>
who was Harry Manback?

is that a reference to tool's rape of small children?

It is has to be Lateralus, right?

Pushit