There is absolutely no excuse for an album that took so long to make being so boring and uninspired

there is absolutely no excuse for an album that took so long to make being so boring and uninspired

when king gizzard makes "just another gizzard album", it's the fourth release of that year from them

when tool releases "just another tool album" after 13 years, that's unacceptable.

Attached: tool-fear-inoculum-single.jpg (1920x1015, 407K)

Fear InDUBSolum
PDUBma
InDUBSible
DUBScending
DUBBing Voices
Chocolate Chip TRIPS
77empest

Did you really just copy paste your comment and make a thread out of it

using the word "uninspired" invalidates any and all criticism of anything

yeah I liked my comment

okay replace it with "self similar" or whatever other term to you want use to get across the idea of "it sounds like every other tool album"

dude DMT lmao

Woah bro thats like ur opinion

Do you really think they have been doing nothing else for 13 years?

They had a huge fucking hiatus you mouth breather. Also, what are you expecting from a band with a unique sound and formulaic approach to recording? Did you expect this album to NOT sound like tool?

>They had a huge fucking hiatus
No they didn't, they've been talking about writing new music since 2008, and they've been talking about entering the studio since like 2011.
They've probably made 3 different albums over these years and scrapped them for whatever reason.

Well you see here the difference is Tool is good, King Jizzard is not

Neuroplasticity declines with age. You can't expect boomers to innovate.

Then why is IFTRN (an album made in 4 months) better than Fear Inoculum, Tool's "magnum opus and great finisher"?

Its really not though

Did I stumble across JRE suddenly?

it absolutely is though

I was let down by this album too. Seems like a Lateralus repeat. Everything is in drop D. I found myself skipping after 3-4 minutes of each track.

I don't like Fear Inoculum but it is absolutely better than Infest the Rats Nest. IFTRN is one of, if not the worst thrash metal albums I have ever heard and I am not convinced that anyone that likes that album has ever actually listened to a thrash metal album. It's so god damned boring and edgeless it hurts. It manages to go on for too long despite only being 36 minutes.

Have you considered judging the album on it's own merits instead of some bizarre thrash standard of oneupmanship where the edgiest, least listenable vocals are "best"?

It's a terrible thrash album, which is why it's a great hard psych album.

Maynard has said in interviews that it was annoying waiting for everyone to agree on everything. That's the opposite of inspiration.

God damn I knew Giz fans were clueless about Thrash but this is ridiculous. Even if you don't look at it as a thrash metal album it's still just a mediocre psychedelic album.

>if you don't like screamo for the sake of screamo you're clueless
I knew metal fans were cringey tryhards but yikes

Screamo isn't a metal genre retard, also I haven't considered myself a metalhead since I was 14. I;m way more into psychedelic music than I am metal nowadays and even if you view IFTRN as a psych album instead of a thrash album it's still garbage.

>desperately tapdancing around the fact 99% of thrash vocals are absolute dogshit
also your opinion is shit and wrongpilled

99% of thrash bands have clean vocals retard, God why am I even bothering you're just as retarded as every other fan of this shitty Oh Sees rip off on the planet.

Gizzard is trash

name literally ten

Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
Angkor Wat
Nevermore
Testament
Gwar
Suicidal Tendencies
S.O.D

this is why nobody likes gizz fans or metalheads

I don't really listen to metal anymore,I just did when I was younger

>Megadeth
>clean vocals
Not even reading the rest of the list you're a fucking mong

Its really not.

shit taste

>any of those
>clean vocals
Some of those aren't even thrash bands

They've been dealing with legal issues most of the time you moron.

The new Tool is basically one big ostinato that goes fucking nowhere.

It's Bolero if Bolero sucked even more than it already does (and Bolero is fucking trash). Written by a band where the only redeeming quality is its drummer. Ravel was a master orchestrator. These guys are just pseudo-intellectual lightweights, jacking off and pretending that it's profound. Basically music for fans of Rick and Morty.

Also, stop using fucking tablas. Or at least if you are, get someone that can actually play something that's not kindergarten tier dogshit.

They could've put out material as ŁooÞ or something if they really cared. Maynard has basically been screaming "PUSCIFER IS REALLY WHAT I SOUND LIKE" for like a decade already.

it holds up as a tool album

New Tool is based. Sorry you plebs cant appreciate extremely progressive high art

What should it be? Drop Fb?

They are 13 years behind the evolution of music.

It's very rare that musicians get better as they get older.

MJK has started at least two other bands that are arguably better, more relevant, and concurrent.

Sorry the album sucks imagine how PC fans feel knowing their next record still has another decade to go.

Nice 80s butt metal starter pack

Maynard a child rapist

HOLY SHIT CAN YOU REALLY BE THIS MUCH OF A BRAINLET

They didn't spend 13 years writing an album. They probably spent about a year writing it while busy with other bands, projects and family stuff. They only released it after 13 years.

Why do you think they have just been slaving away writing this fucking album for over a decade? Why would anyone do this, especially a band that puts dick jokes in their songs and album artwork?

but gizzard sucks

and that's a good thing

This thing is mixed like shit, there's no cohesion between the players; each one might as well be in a different band. The songs are stunningly simplistic and they reuse old riffs from their own material. It does sound different in some ways, they are ripping off 70s bands more. But it's not layered, not mixed right, it has no atmosphere in the production- sounds like corporate trash Nickleback playing Black Sabbath songs im terms of production craft. The lyrics mean nothing and are shit. Maybe they always were for Tool but this one really says nothing at all. It's just cliched crap. The electronic aspect is so awful it's hard to believe. This is a 4/10 album. I listened to it many times to give it a fair chance but it sucks.

If the first OP is negative, the paid shills don't post in the thread and bump the shill threads with endless positive aoty aotd omg classic reviews.
The new talking points are that this is supposed to be boring, because muh mantra trance. And you kids all want instant gratification, like how they all say listen to it 30 times before you say it sucks, it'll click (and we'll earn streaming cash)
This album is hot dogshit. Fuck these assholes for releasing it without warning that it was a piece of shit

I wonder how many people bought tickets for their concerts and how sour they're going to be. Tool is going to have to play all their old material live in order to not have pissed off fans lol

agree 100% about the mixing
ALL I CAN HEAR IS CLIPPING
anytime there's an "epic build" or the song comes to a head
all I get is an earful of the worst static I've ever heard in a release from a high profile band such as Tool
it completely ruins the experience and takes me out of it
these are actually half-decent songs, but the mixing is so atrocious that they're unlistenable
what the fuck was Joe Barresi doing?

They should have went with David Bottrill and not Evil Joe.

I doubt they'll be very sour at all given that the reception to the album has largely been very positive

In a recent interview Maynard says the album was perfect around 4 years ago but they kept changing stuff. Would love to have heard that version.

I'm mostly confused as to why people are tending that the mixing is bad. It sounds absolutely fine. Also, where to I apply to be a paid shill?

>MAYNARD SAYS

Considering he has lead 3 sucessful bands I would take his opinion over anyone else.