Avant-Garde Metal Recs

I personally find most metal cringy (maybe I haven’t listened to enough). Regardless, I really like how King Crimson contrasts really quiet moments with long builds and explosions heaviness on larks pt 1 and 2.
Have any recommendations for albums with these features? (i.e. don’t overuse heaviness) Like Henry cow but metal?

Attached: CCA4FA0B-F0F9-4BFB-8A4F-D7AF36252A56.png (304x305, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gv9prjYgQNk
youtube.com/watch?v=FNYzD58Jy8I
youtube.com/watch?v=AmhPqUdVHQU
youtu.be/SujuC4QYEXY
youtu.be/L7vaeFSR5yE
youtu.be/WsBhNRITtdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao listen to tool faggot

Tool is cringy as fuck

crimms are just a opening band for tool. cope

Attached: SAM_1234.jpg (856x1141, 216K)

That’s new king crimson buddy. I don’t listen to that garbage

Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough
Botch - We Are the Romans
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

maybe this?
youtube.com/watch?v=gv9prjYgQNk

you won't find much metal with quiet moments though, metal is about being in your face most of the time

Thank you user will check these out

Wow thanks I’m really digging this

wow this botch album is crazy

Listen to Jute Gyte

Attached: a0522655153_10.jpg (1200x1200, 189K)

This album alone creates massive hemorrhoid explosions on those /metal/tards, just like any TDM album. The more maximallst, the better.

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x1200, 434K)

Tool is way out of King Crimson's league

woah there buddy

fuck off, PUSSY
if you don't go all out you're a fucking idiot and shouldn't even listen to a genre you sound like you don't actually care about

Attached: a1988489111_16.jpg (700x700, 146K)

what do you mean by this lol? I'm just asking for recs

You need to go back.

Attached: 64414970_p0~01.jpg (304x267, 14K)

holy shit this botch album is so good thank you

Ved Buens Ende

Give this a go. Very prog edge on it, and a personal favorite.

Attached: 3b2db8aab4adffd99ac5e1de234363db.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

Korn

Devin Townsend Project's Deconstruction is a good mix of heavy and calm.
but some parts are meme tier desu

Attached: Deconstruction.jpg (1000x1000, 125K)

Attached: Nothingface.jpg (953x953, 188K)

I would also recommend Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue if you want something similar to this, but significantly stripped down

Attached: folder.jpg (1200x1200, 182K)

try this youtube.com/watch?v=FNYzD58Jy8I

Jakko is the best vocalist they've ever had, and their recent live albums are all killer. It's really telling that you pretend to like Yea Forumscore in absence of personal taste but wouldn't recognize a decent performance if it was spoonfed to you.

listen to opeth. if you want more standard death metal look at the beginning of their discography and the further you go the farther from death metal they get and the more prog they become

Attached: file.png (770x770, 1.1M)

King Crimson - The Power to Believe is their most metal

You sound like a faggot

Not that fella who recced it but you guys should REALLY check out the EP that came out after the album too.

Most post-metal, but this record in particular.

Attached: potpb.jpg (500x500, 104K)

You might like neurosis, cult of luna, year of no light, sleepytime gorilla museum, mournful congregation, kayo dot, maudlin of the well, obscura (the gorguts album, not the band), lykathea aflame, blut aus nord (777 era in particular)

Nothing is as good as prime KC but well...

Listen to more metal and you'll gain a deeper form of understanding for it, even its cheesiest form (except sympho europower I guess)

Good recs

Great album but you're still a fag

The performances are great I agree. I’m actually going to see them Tuesday. The newer material just doesn’t start up to the old stuff though.

If you like King Crimson and other classic prog rock and want proggy/avantgarde metal in a somewhat similar vain, suggest checking out Sigh, one of the pioneers of avantgarde metal and progressive extreme metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=AmhPqUdVHQU

Attached: Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape.jpg (600x600, 264K)

If we're saying avant, I would definitely say this fits the bill, but it's a lot different of a listen than the other albums mentioned. It is very repetitive, and DUDE, but it has a lot of merit for how it builds up each movement, and blatantly tone-hunting on a recording

Attached: download (1).jpg (600x600, 55K)

>start listening to this
>DROP OUT OF LIFE WITH A BONG IN HAND
this is going to be a long 50 minutes

youtu.be/SujuC4QYEXY
youtu.be/L7vaeFSR5yE
youtu.be/WsBhNRITtdk
seconding sleepytime gorilla