Heroin is responsible for most of the musical innovations and creation of new styles, prove me wrong...

Heroin is responsible for most of the musical innovations and creation of new styles, prove me wrong. Look how many influential musicians did it
>Jimi Hendrix
>Lou Reed
>Jim Morrison
>Neil Young
>Keith Richards
>Bobby Liebling
>Iggy Pop
>Dave Mustaine
>Dylan Carlson
>Kurt Cobain
>Phil Anselmo
and so on

Attached: jimi-hendrix-performing-in-1969[1].jpg (440x293, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=trGX3ET3jTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not an expert on drugs but I don't think opiates are very conductive to creativity.

Maybe, but withdrawals make you so exhausted and crushed that you wanna come up with something unusually nasty and experimental

Just gotta mention Bradley Nowell in this thread

Most people who did heroin also did coke and speed and all sort of things. Heroin is probably the worst thing you can do.

fuck off with this retarded nonsense

like shooting yourself in the head with a shotgun

Attached: kc.jpg (279x181, 9K)

>Jimi Hendrix
>Lou Reed
>Kurt Cobain
three among the best songwriters in history

>all the rest
shitty music for boomers who don't have any taste

How come out of millions of opioids addicts only 10 got to make good music?

>Kurt Cobain
shut the fuck up

you mean acid?

lol thats backwards
norm-breaking creative people with an artistic (qua: sonic/perceptual/sensual) streak just seek out getting high and either comes to grips with its effects or dont and die due to being utterly out of control.

>overrated
>bad
>overrated
>overrated
>overrated
>not really innovative
>bad
>great but only for the first 4 albums
>who?
>ok
>carried by the band

Attached: 51277831c84741ae0cc010cdbd5eb73f.jpg (534x789, 44K)

>hendrix
>good songwriter

Attached: 1566223724000.png (414x433, 168K)

t. friend died to heroin

They also all probably took psychedelics and smoked weed. I bet a lot of them drank coffee too. Drugs aren't responsible for shit. They give good topics and could inspire some lyrics but these artists arent good based on what they did they're just good because they worked hard and were extremely talented.

based except iggy pop and neil young are both good too. iggy pop is definitely better than lou reed at least.

quit being an edgy contrarian. this is like if you called john lennon a shitty songwriter

hendrix had some well-written songs with great lyrics. the wind cries mary is very good.

i'd pick john fahey over those people any day of the week, and he was a drunkard. yay booze!

Also most of these artists started doing opiates after they made those groundbreaking works (not all of them Lou Reed celebrated the drug often) but stardom is mostly what brings them there. Also if your gonna credit Hendrix for his songwriting (which isnt that good imo) at least reconize that the man took enough lsd to make this whole website trip dicks. Herion brings basically nothing to the table when it comes to creativity.

this.
i wish especially that hendrix hadn't had such a problem with drug abuse. he was planning on forming some kind of supergroup with miles davis and potentially paul mccartney. that would've been fucking incredible and it's such a shame that it never happened.

Yeah also he was left with like $24 by the time his manager did the dash with his money but if he didn't overdose he probably would've made some even better music who knows.

Nico, possibly Lennon

>Iggy better than Reed

Attached: prepare to die.jpg (1106x1554, 350K)

NONONONONONONO PLEASE MR. REED I WAS MERELY JESTING MERELYT JESTING PELPASPELEASE

oh, definitely. imagine the musicianship of hendrix and davis combined. i imagine hendrix and mccartney also would probably both write lyrics together and switch between vocals.

It's okay, you just made me sad

Attached: lou reed.jpg (300x180, 8K)

i’m sorry for your loss but that doesn’t make OPs post any less retarded

it's alright, reed, i still love you....

found the newfag that doesn't know our Hip Lingo

Heroin doesn't make music, but it sure as fuck kills it, you fucking stupid hippie fuck. What a shit opinion.

Attached: 220px-Beethovensmall.jpg (220x279, 23K)

beethoven would've done heroin if it had been invented in his lifetime

Yup, because drugs definitely didn't exist before the 20th century.

how do you know he didn't do any drugs?
it's just certain he never did heroin specifically because it was literally invented like fifty years after he died.

Beethoven was a mortally sick alcoholic, but you don't see people around talking how wine and deafness are responsible for musical innovations, you stupid fuck.

You mention heroin but don't mention Uncle GG?

Attached: tumblr_myk5r9An0z1svp9p7o4_1280.jpg (678x455, 68K)

correlation is not causality

he also mentioned infuential musicians

His music wasn't even good. It was just who he was as a person that made him famous.

He was very influenced

Attached: d091839aca4a4678a92cc119b5b32be0.jpg (770x1131, 144K)

lou reed a methhead first and foremost, i don't think he ever had a serious opiate dependence
just listen to sister ray, that's not smack

I use to like heroin until I found out Jews never controlled that market.

heroin music is a meme. it wont do shit for you. get real, hendrix had already practiced 10000hrs before he touched any of it

I feel like this meme is Yea Forums's equivalent of not-so-subtlely encouraging suicide and self-harm.
Like shit, when I'm depressed, I think about doing heroin all the fucking time. Not that I ever have, but I've come close.
Heroin basically is suicide. Mentally, emotionally, physically. It's just riding out this shithole with a wall of bliss

>had already practiced 10000hrs
Yeah and so have Joe Satriani and Kirk Hammett, but they're still shit at creativity. Drugs make you think of playing instruments and making music differently

heroin was an afterthought for him anyway, his main diet was speed and weed fueling those hours
that's actually the reason he took so many downers when he died

Dude this is the dumbest shit I've read all day. Have you heard the song "HEROIN"?

>Neil Young

Neil never did Heroin and wrote several songs about how horrible it from seeing his friends die from it.

You missed John Lennon OP

Sublime blows balls.

t. Malcolm Gladwell-loving fagnut

no shit, but his primary poison was meth
i think that song specifically was inspired by just one incident with heroin

this

/thread

>I have no proofs that something happened
>the things that apparently have happened seem unrealistic and dangerous/life threatening

Hey that Hendrix dude looks like complete real life person, let's do the stuff he has done in order to become the same

Nikki Sixx died and came back to life on heroin. By your standards this means Motley Crue is the Jesus Christ of music. The guitarist from Ratt was a junkie too fyi

i'm not the guy who said heroin makes you a good artist. it obviously doesn't. i'm just saying that beethoven would've done heroin if it existed when he was alive.

i thought he took a shit load of acid too?

>implying they aren't
Motley crue came up with a better song than anyone on that list ever did
m.youtube.com/watch?v=trGX3ET3jTQ

You really think Lou Reed only tried Heroin once? Do you think junkies can't do heroin because they use meth also? It's called a speedball.

Jim Morrison hated heroin and junkies, he was mostly just an alcoholic

and thats what you pick?

and you had such a great set up . . .