Releases five outstanding albums in a row

>Releases five outstanding albums in a row

How many other artists have achieved this? The Smiths and Manic Street Preachers came close after their fourth album but one of them split and the other turned shit.

Attached: 413f6653f55d.jpg (478x324, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbWhpfXisZw
youtube.com/watch?v=o4N-DK6v9Oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Releases five outstandingly bad albums in a row
fixed it for you

Actually, that run by Radiohead from The Bends to Amnesiac is another example of a band coming close, but Hail To The Thief is their worst album after A Moon Shaped Pool.

You've never listened to them, zoomer.

Nine Inch Nails.
>Pretty Hate Machine
>The Downward Spiral
>The Fragile
>With_Teeth
>Year Zero

Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden

By the power of mystical magical chakra eyes.
And by the power of greyskull... They did it. The Prince of eternia mixed all them albums.

Attached: he-man.jpg (500x500, 46K)

i have
they're not very good
i hate prog as a whole genre though

More of a Kendrick and Kanye guy?

Bladee has 6 rn

The Cure
The Beatles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Yo La Tengo
Grouper
Belle and Sebastian
All have done the same

A WITH
THE TEETHUHHHH

fucking love that song

They’re actually better, yes.

no, i don't like rap either
i'm into psychedelic rock, contemporary folk, punk, etc
i particularly really like elliott smith
you did get it correct though that i'm a zoomertard

>outstanding
You mean outdated? All their music sounds like it is 20 years too late. Go listen to King Crimson or something pleb

you aren't me fuck off
stop trying to make me look like a rap-fag

Porcupine Tree achieved this and more

stop being a closed minded pleb, you're obviously young. it's not too late

get a load of this rap-fag

Are you fucking retarded?
>My Post: Period and capitalized like an actual adult
>Your Post:
>type like
>this because I am
>a fucking retard who failed school
Don’t even try to think I want to act for you. Fucking dumbass.

This.

Aphex Twin

>How many other artists have achieved this? The Smiths and Manic Street Preachers came close after their fourth album but one of them split and the other turned shit.
Nonsense, This is My Truth is outstanding as well.

kyuss

but 10,000 Days sucks

I hate that I laugh my dick off every time someone phonetically nails it

>nails

They're really hit and miss from album to album for me. I feel like that may be personal preference though.

In Absentia is a ball milker.

I love it but its their least cohesive record. Jambi, The Pot, Vicarious, +Right in Two slap.

Wings+10K are really emotional pieces

Intention is some trippy shit

Lost Keys->Rosetta Stoned is hilarious chaos with a juicy backgrop

It doesnt feel like it belongs together to me. None of it is bad at all, but like when people throw a bunch of good B-Sides together and release them and theres little to no cohesion? thats what 10K feels like to me. So much to offer, so little flow. Its jarring jumps from track to track.

No one has such an unblemished discography but lots of artists have better ones overall since they released more stuff

how is this me being close-minded
i literally just don't like progressive rock
there are a lot of genres i do like but prog is mostly trash
voivod's okay if you count that as a prog

i never re-read my posts and noticed how retarded they looked until you mentioned this. huh.

Moonsorrow.

King Crimson, they released 8 game changers in a row (though the second one was more or less a debut pt 2: electric boogaloo)

Everything i dont like is zoomer

he was right in this case though, i am a zoomer. i have listened to them however and they're still not very good. i moderately enjoyed them when i was younger.

Here's the secret, "great album runs" don't really mean anything.
If you lack enough discernment and taste to enjoy middlebrow buttrock like Tool, you'll inevitably enjoy everything they put out.
Every band with over 5 albums is a "great 5+ album run" to some idiot.

based as fuck

Talk
Talk

5 albums in 26 years... not as impressive as bands that started earlier, released more albums in a normal 2-4 year cycle, and still maintained great track records.

Like King Gizzard, the greatest metal band of all time. BTFO Tool

>5 outstanding albums in a row
David Bowie
>Young Americans
>Station to Station
>Low
>Heroes
>Lodger

Kanye

I know it makes you angry, but it's the truth.

Attached: 1567366572473.jpg (506x477, 18K)

Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned and Right In Two are all amazing kys

lodger is outstanding only in its phoned in half-assedness

>doesn't give an example of what he thinks is a great 5 album run

Everytime.

Wu tang had 7

Attached: best-wu-tang-clan-albums-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 159K)

I used to be a massive Tool fan. Really they released 2 good albums in a row after an ok EP, then an average album, then a piece of shit that sounds like the tracks they rejected for the previous album. I haven't bothered listening to the new one but the single made me feel very relieved I hadn't been waiting for it. Danny sounds great though.

metallica

Imagine disliking AMSP or HTTT

Tool is ass my guy
Beatles
Radiohead
Lou Reed
Bowie

dude weed lmao

I just listened to In Absentia a few weeks ago. It's really good. What should I listen to next?

tom waits

Gold against the soul only had 5 or 6 good songs though. And their first album was way too long. There's only like 3 or 4 good songs after little baby nothing.

Death
>Leprosy -> Perseverance

Kreator
>Endless Pain -> Coma

Immolation
>Dawn of Possession -> Unholy Cult

Deadwing

youtube.com/watch?v=WbWhpfXisZw

Pantera did it with Cowboys from Hell - Reinventing the steel. Metallica did it to with their first 5 albums, and if you don't think the s/t is good you're a humongous faggot

Iron Maiden
> Iron Maiden --> Seventh Son

Judas Priest
> Sad Wings --> Defenders of the Faith

Opeth
> Orchid --> Blackwater Park

Black Sabbath
> Black Sabbath --> Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

i for one enjoy a lot of variability in the emotional states of an album's composition.its the reason that 10,000 days is probably my favorite album of theirs.
also wings for marie pts 1 and 2 is the single greatest tool song ever.

Attached: floral cosmonaut.gif (456x638, 874K)

But my point is that my example of a "great 5 album run" would only be great to me or people in my circles.
If I enjoy oi! or Hungarian coldwave, I can name any band in those genres that I think remained consistently good for 5 albums.
that doesn't mean anything to anyone who isn't acclimated to the sensibilities of those artists.

tool sucks, but I'm sure they have a "great 5 album run" to tool fans. who cares

TIMTTMY is a prime example of a singles album. Tolerate and Everlasting are outstanding, You Stole The Sun and Tsunami, are kino, especially live, but the rest is just boring.

Only weak point on GATS was the title track. Their most underrated album.

The greatness of Iron Maiden's run gets a little exaggerated.
They already broke the run with the pretty average Killers, or should I say Fillers.
Number of the Beast re-starts the run but Somewhere in Time is a clear dropoff in inspiration, it has maybe 30 minutes of good material on it. Alexander the Shite isn't a patch on something like Rime...
Seventh Son is "still good, but clearly past their prime" to me.

>put out a typical 90s alternative metal EP with LOL SHEEPLE lyrics
>put out a moodier LP that wasn't exactly grunge but fit in with the times
>put out a slightly heavier album that included goofy filler tracks, LOLBILLHICKS, entry level philosophy, and some needlessly long songs
>release an album 5 years later that's less humorous and contains mostly needlessly long songs
>release another album 5 years later that doubles down on long songs and basically sounds like B-sides that didn't fit on the other album
>put out a troll album 13 years later that's all long songs with limited vocals so their singer can fuck off offstage and not have to put up with this shit either
Where would this band be without the mysticism that's been applied to Maynard and Danny Carey?

Attached: 1565137575336.png (1200x618, 266K)

Pantera was samey garbage after Cowboys, also Load is so much better than the black album that it's not even funny.

Don't you dare point that at me

Amenra.

Correct.

>the bends
>outstanding album

Yes released six in a row.

>Bowie from Space Oddity to Aladdin Sane
>Bowie from Diamond Dogs to Scary Monsters or Let's Dance (depending on your personal taste)

Swans have released 14 outstanding albums in a row

White pony - koi no yokan

What is this?

>I can't recc a single artist, because you might not like them

>White Pony and not Around the Fur
Based

Killers and Somewhere in Time are great I am literally laughing out loud at your life

Yes, yes it is.

Wings EP
1. Wings for Marie
2. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
3. Viginti Tres

Rosetta EP
1. Lipan Conjuring
2. Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann)
3. Rosetta Stoned

Vicarious EP
1. Vicarious
2. Jambi
3. The Pot
4. Intension
5. Right in Two

For me, I like Tool. There are other bands that I like better but if a Tool song comes up in a shuffle it certainly doesn't bother me. They bring the style to the mainstream without being total fags and changing their shit to do it. Gotta respect it.

Like on the new album near the end of 'Invincible' you can tell they have been listening to some doom metal but it is still in their own style which I respect a lot.

This. The only two people with a catalogue comparable to Waits in quantity and quality are Prince and Zappa, but Zappa has so much off the wall and experimental shit, I don't think you can really compare it to the consistency of Waits or Prince.

But as far as pure quality goes, I'd say TOOL all the way.

People who shit on tool will NEVER post what they like. And they say "ohh, no matter what you'll say what i post is shit so it's pointless". tool haters are very insecure people. Which I guess is obvious because they don't actually listen to tool they just talk about the fanbase and "loool fibommacciiii dudee" and judging bands on fanbase is ultimate poser shit.

Posts like this are why people don't reply seriously to you shit-taste fucks

Nah you're just pussies that only like what is acceptable and "cool" to like at the time. Half of it based off irony.

Voivod
Killing tech->Dimension hatros->Nothingface->Angel Rat->Outer Limits

Sufjan Stevens
>Michigan
10/10
>Seven Swans
8/10
>Illinoise
10/10
>The Age of Adz
11/10
>Carrie & Lowell
10/10

/kpg/ says hello

Attached: Nice Thread.gif (450x563, 716K)

>that only like what is acceptable and "cool" to like at the time
Have you seen the reviews for Meme Inoculum or been in any of the threads? Liking this soft rock dronefest is what's cool right now

>you don't like this band I like so now you should doxx yourself
holy shit tool fans are psycho

zoomers are like 50% of their fanbase though

JANNIESSSS

Psychopathy, misleading me
Conversations we never had

Yeah, on Yea Forums, Kubrick haters are the exact same way. All they do is call the fans reddit.

I remember when I first came to Yea Forums many years ago and tried to start TOOL threads, knowing a lot of younger people had gotten into them at Lateralus, and I was trying to explain how amazing Undertow was as a concept album about water as a metaphor for losing control, the album starting with an O2 tank running out of air and ending with the song Flood, and how even with the simpler melodies and rhythms, it was still amazing and extremely influential. All I got was contrarian hate. Then, I looked at the "official" Yea Forums progressive metal recs, and fucking Queensryche "Operation Mindcrime" was on there, an absolute joke of a record that I literally used to laugh at it was so corny, and I didn't come back here until Howie died, and immediately left again.

This is the first time I've been here since, and not much has changed. I used to think it was trolling, but now I realize it's a combination of people with no musical education and atheist edgelords who don't like the themes since the band has grown and matured.

You could have had peace

Attached: Chaegiggle.png (1341x1796, 1.99M)

Killers is just B sides that weren't good enough for their first album. are you sure you don't just like the cover art or something?

i missed it what happened in the k-pop general
i used to try to start a war with it like a month ago but then i stopped because i got bored

Tool have interesting concepts but their music isn't nearly as interesting nor progressive as some people claim. And yes Operation Mindcrime is garbage.

This was an external provocation, no need to fear something large-scale.

Attached: MEME2019-08-11-06-05-11.jpg (1116x1392, 781K)

why would i fear k-pop fans sperging out on a bolivian hairdressing forum
it'd be at worst mildly annoying and at best mildly funny

NOOOOOOOOO YOU GOT ME
I'M NLOOOONOONONO
This war has gone too far.

Well I'd assume having your threads flooded with an autistic amount of asian girls would certainly be disrupting to your browsing experience.

Attached: Capture_2019-08-28-22-18-02.png (1437x1781, 2.78M)

Kubrick is one of the GOATs though, Tool isn't even a David Lynch. If you're mad about getting called out for your garbage taste then join Reddit or a Facebook group

Kanye West.

yeah i guess but probably i'd just stop looking at Yea Forums for a day or two until it blows over

Sure, sure, but as long as the person I want to seethe, seethes. I am happy.

Attached: whatever (2).png (1435x1792, 2.84M)

Unironically kill yourself you avatarfagging cum slurper.

okay but you're acting kinda 'cringy', for lack of a better word
>You guys better fucking watch out....... I'm a fat ass virgin in a basement and I love Asian girls and I will fucking spam this board if that guy keeps insulting my waifu...
go outside or something seriously

you guys are playing into it, his purpose was to derail and he succeeded, you're talking about him now. what's an artist you think had a good five-album run like Tool?

Attached: cry more.png (793x1020, 868K)

Black sabbath

>Year Zero

Attached: 1491547479668.jpg (1200x800, 126K)

Vektor would have probably gotten the best five-album run ever if it wasn't for DiSanto beating his wife.

i don't like this thread anyways though tool sucks ass and i unironically hate toolposters more than k-popfaggots at this point

Melvins did seven, and that's not even counting the top-tier EPs in between.
>Gluey Porch Treatments, Ozma, Bullhead, Houdini, Stoner Witch, Stag, Honky

Vektor essentially has released 4 albums worth of music (Black Futute and Terminal Redux are each over an hour long) Sucks that the next possible album is tainted.

Are you even reading the thread? Tons of artists have already been mentioned.

based about amsp and HTTT, tired of seeing people shiting on 'em, especially amsp. But HTTT has some good criticism

Wrathchild, Innocent Exile, Killers, Another Life... all good tracks. The debut is a better album but Killers is still very enjoyable and arguably more consistent than Number of the Beast, which is a mix of 10/10 and 6/10 songs.

doesn't mean the thread's suddenly over and now it's time to talk about how shit kpop is, dipshit

/thread

>Tool is ass
>Favourite artists are Beatles, Radiohead, Lou Reed and David Bowie
Did... did you just get pleb filtered by fucking Tool?

The Smashing Pumpkins Original Run
>Gish
>Siamese Dream
>Mellon Collie
>Adore
>Machina
Absolutely amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=o4N-DK6v9Oc

Attached: wp1952051.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

Truth, if you have half a brain you can tell how full of shit Yea Forums is, 99% of the retards here have 0 idea of anything and form their taste and opinions based on shitty charts instead of educating themselves correctly and then forming their own opinion. Taste in music is subjective but it still has a lot of things that can be measured objectively, anyone who says Tool music is garbage or similar its an instant giveaway for knowing that person is a pleb that can't even evaluate something for what it is regardless of taste.

stay mad, toolcuck
maynard still won't fuck you

Attached: kanye-west-GettyImages-1068294540-920x584.jpg (920x584, 56K)

I like The Melvins, but their lack of any lyrical depth always held them back for me.

Adore and Machina were shit though.

WYSM, Nobody Loved You, Be Natural, Black Dog, I'm Not Working are all fantastic songs. Plus, the albums has a really clear atmosphere and plenty of variety.

Agree with , GATS is pretty underrated. It has some of their best lyrics by far. Only weak track is Drug Drug Druggy, which is probably one of their worst songs.

>my guy

Attached: 1535501015644.png (454x520, 13K)

zoom zoom