Advanced Yea Forumscore Chart

What do you think of the advanced Yea Forumscore chart, Yea Forums?

Also, feel free to roll by doing the following:
>take the four last digits from your post (XXXX)
>google "XXXX mod 1111"
>listen to the recording with that number
>share your thoughts
Have fun!

By the way, you can check out the list with links to each recording on this site as well: rateyourmusic.com/list/YellowJelly/1111-essential-recordings-of-music/

Attached: 1567010184683.png (2500x10000, 3.73M)

Roll

Roll

roll

Wow I expected something pretty shit but it's really not that bad. Thanks OP

roll

Checked

Rolling. Trips reroll and listen to both albums simultaneously

wtf did Yellowjelly delet spiderland?

roll

Based OP, thanks for this chart

Attached: Screenshot_26.png (685x686, 628K)

Thanks Satan

it was never there on the first place

roll

Attached: mazdamundi.jpg (960x960, 53K)

rollan

roll

roll

roll

has anything changed on this chart? ever? i keep bringing up objections to some of the supposedly genre-exemplary works listed, and they never change.

the chart has been updated ten times already and around a hundred recordings in total
what have you suggested to replace?

McRoll

The North American folk section could use a ton of fixing
>contemporary folk is repeated three times
>Chamber folk, folk baroque, nueva cancion, nueva trova, neofolk, and vaudeville are all North American
>dark folk is a definite genre and not just a vague umbrella term
>dark folk is a unique genre separate from neofolk
>no Bob Dylan whatsoever
>barely any country, an actually large North American folk with tons of non-represented subgenres (rockabilly, alternative country, country rock, neotraditional country, progressive country).
>Southern rock and folk rock are in the rock section instead of the North American folk section, even though it had a larger impact on modern folk/country subgenres than it did on the prog/metal in the rock section

roll

Roll

I think the entry for Progressive Rock should be changed to either Days of Future Passed or ITCOTCK. The Nice's album was pretty influential but it wasn't the earliest or the most definitive in the genre.

roll hopefully its a good one!

rrroll

röll

but give me music

roll

roll

rollin'

Roll.

> Armenian folk 5 records
> Georgian folk only one
> whoever made it doesn't even know that Georgian folk is super rich and just googled it and placed first album which saw. Georgian polyphony is unique and every music expert can confirm this

roll

rollin

where dafuq is captain beefheart

rollin

The guy who made it admitted to not having heard any of the included albums

Poll

lolling

Roll

Days of Future Passed barely qualifies as a rock album, and only has one, maybe two progressive rock tracks. ITCOTCK is already too late now that we already have The Nice.

>contemporary folk is repeated three times
Yeah, I feel that's fine in this case, since there was a bit of spare space for that category. Maybe it can be reduced to two however.

>Chamber folk, folk baroque, nueva cancion, nueva trova, neofolk, and vaudeville are all North American
Yes, they are under North American because they are developments from American contemporary folk. The chart is organized based on stylistic lineage, which is why genres like Finnish Tango are under Latin American, or why Eurodance is under house despite not being house.

>dark folk is a definite genre and not just a vague umbrella term
>dark folk is a unique genre separate from neofolk
Are you saying those two statements are correct? Because I fail to see why they wouldn't be, so would you mind telling me why?

>no Bob Dylan whatsoever
I could put him under contemporary folk, problem is he's better known for his folk rock albums, and that spot is taken by Byrds, since they had a full folk rock album before Dylan did.

>barely any country, an actually large North American folk with tons of non-represented subgenres (rockabilly, alternative country, country rock, neotraditional country, progressive country).
Country is actually over-represented compared to other genres in this chart. It 10 spots together with blues, while genres like samba, salsa, flamenco, gamelan, reggae, and many other only got 5 spots or less.
It's just not possible to give country more space than it already has.

>Southern rock and folk rock are in the rock section instead of the North American folk section
Because they were developments of rock music instead of folk music. That's how the categories are decided. I have no idea why you single out "prog/metal" here though.

Yeah, I have listened to Georgian folk before, but the number of recordings per genre are based on the number of RYM sub-genres for each, and there is only one Georgian genre on RYM, so I shouldn't add any others.
Also, the album choice was decided on the basis that it covers as much stylistic diversity as I could find.

Rollan

Too much dance music but better than what I expect from this board.

Wtf I love house now, based blacks do it again

>too much dance
not enough desu

Rollan for another one

Roll

Roll

Rebolling for better album

>as much electronic dance music as jazz when the latter has been around twice as long

Roll

No pitchfork core. So this chart sucks.

Roll

By that logic 90% of the chart would be classical.

There is though.

roll

rol

riol

roll

Attached: jamming pepe.jpg (320x286, 31K)

guacamole tostada

>no Bob Dylan whatsoever
based chart

Rollerino

>that feel when you wont give a shit about the chart because you only listen to experimental anyway
im feelin' blessed

Attached: 452099_015.jpg (320x240, 35K)

rollin rollin rollin

The Fox of Wet Blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this fox just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)

roll time

unironically cringe, i bet you think radiohead qualify as experimental

rollerrr

rollim

roolliolio

you wouldnt last a second through my music, leettle boi

Attached: 51100886_761686657545760_6229286580318633984_n.jpg (640x619, 53K)

>Yeah, I feel that's fine in this case, since there was a bit of spare space for that category. Maybe it can be reduced to two however.
Alright, that’s not really my biggest complaint
>Yes, they are under North American because they are developments from American contemporary folk. The chart is organized based on stylistic lineage, which is why genres like Finnish Tango are under Latin American, or why Eurodance is under house despite not being house.
Those are almost all developments of British/European folk. What’s North American about them? Using guitars?
>Are you saying those two statements are correct? Because I fail to see why they wouldn't be, so would you mind telling me why?
They’re not. There is no definite genre named “dark folk,” it’s basically just a vague umbrella term that now basically just means neofolk
>I could put him under contemporary folk, problem is he's better known for his folk rock albums, and that spot is taken by Byrds, since they had a full folk rock album before Dylan did.
The Freewheeling Bob Dylan, Times They Are a-Changin, and Another Side are all incredibly famous and influential contemporary folk albums
>Country is actually over-represented compared to other genres in this chart. It 10 spots together with blues, while genres like samba, salsa, flamenco, gamelan, reggae, and many other only got 5 spots or less.
>It's just not possible to give country more space than it already has.
Remove all the euro stuff and you’d have room for actual North American folk. You’ve got ten spaces, I think it could use maybe five more.
>Because they were developments of rock music instead of folk music. That's how the categories are decided. I have no idea why you single out "prog/metal" here though.
Because if you’re listening through this chart to hear developments in different genres, those had a greater impact on the folk/country that came after than rock that came after

>What’s North American about them? Using guitars?
The fact that those were born out of contemporary American folk.
The genres you mentioned have more in common with the music of Guthrie and Dylan than proper English/European folk.

>They’re not. There is no definite genre named “dark folk,” it’s basically just a vague umbrella term that now basically just means neofolk
There is unanimous support for dark folk being a genre on RYM. Not saying you are wrong, but that's still a controversial opinion.

>The Freewheeling Bob Dylan, Times They Are a-Changin, and Another Side are all incredibly famous and influential contemporary folk albums
Sure, that's fair.
First choice is definitely Dust Bowl by Guthrie, then what would you say are second and third choices for contemporary folk?

>Remove all the euro stuff and you’d have room for actual North American folk.
Why would I remove under-represented stuff to give more space to over-represented stuff? If anything I should bump genres like Flamenco (and Spanish popular music as well) to double their number of albums. Same for Celtic folk. And Slavic music.

>You’ve got ten spaces, I think it could use maybe five more.
Trust me, it's fine like it is. To give country more space (which would be nice) I would need to reduce space from other genres (which would be worse than giving country more space would be good).

>Because if you’re listening through this chart to hear developments in different genres, those had a greater impact on the folk/country that came after than rock that came after
But that's not how the chart is organized. Folk rock started as rock, and not as folk (just like how blues rock started as rock instead of blues), therefore it belongs under rock.

Roll

roll baby roll

roll

roll