What are the rarest albums you own in your collection?

Mine would have to be Venetian Snares-A Giant Alien Force More Violent and Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine

Attached: 70955F1A-7EAF-42B4-8B57-3A00EB69C0CD.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J-UZbVpD09E
youtu.be/JhZpJyG_Jm0
youtube.com/watch?v=JCEXxnb4xWM
youtube.com/watch?v=KdY_UM46nm8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>owning CDs
It's like you WANT people to know you're poor.

How does that show that I’m poor lmao

>Not owning an original pressing of Dark - Round the Edges.

And you call it a collection.

CDs will become collectible soon enough (many rare ones already are) and you'll want to kill yourself for throwing them out

I literally never seen someone who collects vinyl and isn't a poorfag. They get their paycheck and on the first week blow it all out of vinyls and eating out.

shut up grandsuburbia no one cares

The most rare stuff I own CD wise. I know some of these aren't super rare, but still they are all cool

Attached: 15672214589121006646967.jpg (3264x1836, 2.27M)

Also this promo copy of wrecking ball

Attached: 15672216600911491838257.jpg (3264x1836, 1.83M)

>alien rap
beyond based

An alien burger is purple and red
Cause its made with alien chicken instead
youtu.be/J-UZbVpD09E

Attached: 1565679134131.gif (80x128, 54K)

Some of my post-hardcore angst is actually a bit rare

Attached: IMG_5205.jpg (4032x3024, 2.12M)

CD-wise I have the box set of Nirvana - With the Lights Out, an original pressing of Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy, and Crimpshrine - Duct Tape Soup

most of my rare stuff is japanese hardcore stuff but have a couple of nujabes event stuff too

Attached: 60173E55-9F06-45F8-9D52-76B7722747CB.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

I somehow read this thread as "what are the most racist albums in your collection", and as a Jew, I legitimately think that would be a more interesting topic.

>alien kids
How the fuck

but it's practically a meme that a lot of guys who collect vinyl are literal boomers who spend their six-figure incomes on $5000 speakers
just look at the SteveHoffman forums

I know vinyl is the cool thing to own but I honestly prefer CDs maybe cuz I grew up with them and as an autist I’m set in my ways and hate change. I dunno they just seem so much more convenient to me than records or figuring out how that hell to use Spotify or Apple Music or whatever zoomers use to listen to music these days

Attached: sanpun_shoujo.jpg (612x612, 57K)

Signed + sealed Omar Rodriguez-Lopez boxset

Attached: 1567225275963-1817319225.jpg (4128x3096, 3.09M)

About vinyls and CDs: Why not both?
It's not like every single release has a vinyl release.
Plus digital audio has its pros, too.
It's silly to make a vinyl VS CD war, it just mostly means you only care about collecting music as some kind of social status thing, not because you actually care about the music and enjoy owning the original releases.

I have the original "Green Jello" EP, before they got sued and had to switch to "Green Jelly". I have semi-rare cassette version of RATM's debut with a match taped to it lol

I buy CDs of albums that are not easy to find on Vinyl with the intention to eventually upgrade to an LP copy if I happen to get so lucky but for home listening I will choose vinyl or CDs 99.9 percent of the time.

probably a few sealed JL America cd's... Og 1st press of Demilich's Nespithe

youtu.be/JhZpJyG_Jm0
this

Attached: 15672259968751427571808.jpg (3264x1836, 2.16M)

My first print of Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced?

Attached: 156722610030678683290.jpg (3264x1836, 2.03M)

I used to have a copy of A Giant Alien Force, with the little TV viewfinder. sold it on ebay years ago.

>Cycheouts CDs
MY NIGGA

My rarest CDs would have to be Attention Shoppers and From Rotting Fantasylands. I was fucking ecstatic to find Attention Shoppers for sale at all, it's one of my favorite albums ever. I also have The Fruit Will Rot Vol. 3. It's 9 mini CDs, and one of them is NDaD. Very cool to like 5 people worldwide.
I also have a Lysol CD (by Melvins) without anything covering the title.

Records, Govt. Plates is pretty rare, but I have a bunch of things with fewer copies pressed that just nobody fucking wants. I have a copy of Lil Scuzzy, which is awesome to have. I have a complete Death Grips vinyl collection (excluding one or two variants), like YoTS test press. I also have the Interview cassette

I also have a copy of Music for a Witch from a recent Goblin tour, which I met the band and got signed after the show.

That's a nice buncha CDs :)

What kinda music is this?

Jimmy Buffett
Down to Earth
1 of 324 sold

Probably mikgazer or md geist ost

these are both of their boxsets
FRF on the left has 98.12.28 on vinyl

1/2

Attached: frf and ggrtw.jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

can't remember how long ago i got this, probably half a year now. signed by Sato, Kashi and Hakase
should also mention the tickets in the boxset photo are to some King Crimson concert i went to a year ago or so, not a Fishmans concert lol
its also worth mentioning i've got a decent collection of their CDs and DVDs as well, as well as some books

2/2

Attached: melody signed.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

fucked up lol, the Japanese on the left is Motegi! learning Japanese as soon as possible

>divine styler
my man

Hipster faggot.

mostly noisy/mathy rock shit

Attached: cds.jpg (1422x1200, 775K)

you put me on to cycheouts thank you so much. dnb is very underappreciated

I own a misprint of bowery electric's beat with the highway turned upside down

>as a jew
begone

Are you really gonna say you have NDAD CDs and not post pics

I have an original press of Dawn of the Black Hearts and a second generation Death By Metal tape

too lazy to take photos but probably the green day cassette box
a few of their albums were only able on tape through the box and people didn't really break them up
the boxes never really get resold, seen anywhere from 160-600 in terms of value (got mine for 140)

Just grabbed the first handful that stuck out to me as rare or at least close or over the 50 dollar threshold, a couple of these around $100 value I'd say. I have a lot more though along these lines, more from these artists/genres these just the most eye grabBing picks I guess.

Clueless

They already have been for a long time you probably just don't listen to music where the CD issues are sought after.

I had Dawn of the Black Hearts too but sold it.

Attached: 20190831_084913-1.jpg (2254x2218, 1.02M)

A few more randos

Attached: 20190831_091533-1.jpg (2321x2154, 924K)

Is that a legit Depressive Silence or unofficial? Don't think I've ever seen it on CD before. Also nice Mortiis.

You're not very bright, are you?

One more. Sorry for excessive posting but this is like the one time in my life I can share this stuff since nobody I know irl has any clue about this shit. I worked at a record store and most of these I'm posting I actually found in the flesh and didn't purchase online, though I do that too.

Its advertised by the label as the real deal. An extension of the LP release project from the same label, which has some credibility. The graphics quality and layout of the CD is pretty serious too I can't imagine them faking it this good. I did a double take too when I saw it and ordered it immediately before prices rose to astronomical levels since its supposedly just 200 copies and where they repressed the LP, I don't see them doing that for the CD.

Attached: 20190831_092422-1.jpg (2236x2236, 1.07M)

I looked this up due to your post then started reading about the Ghost Ship incident with the music in the background. Fuckin crazy, creepy, and sad.

Nice dungeon and black stuff. I have this on CD. Probably my rarest with 300 copies. Wish I had some tapes but the shipping costs are insane outside of the US and the DIY releases get scalped hardcore. Thinking about getting the Iagon CD on the same label.

Attached: bahkauv-et-bahkouv-kutt-ltd-300-ger-cd-dunkelheit-releases-dunkelheit-produktionen.png (950x800, 525K)

a few things but this record is probably the coolest

Attached: DSCN0648.jpg (1600x1200, 683K)

as for the actual rarest this tape box was limited to a scant 20 copies but nobody really cares about wall noise so I don't think it counts :^)
there might be some shorter run tapes I have but I can't remember off the top of my head

Attached: DSC_1619.jpg (530x800, 175K)

Attached: IMG_20190831_161857.jpg (3968x2976, 2.63M)

woah

Attached: ss+(2019-08-31+at+09.25.29).png (1317x477, 69K)

Jetone - Autumnmonia

Sorted by median value. I actually have two of the Boys Don't Cry magazines: one sealed and one unsealed.
Main grail at the moment is "Blond" by Frank Ocean. I held off on buying it when it was released because I hadn't gotten into his music at the time. Became my biggest vinyl regret since I love that album now.
Did you pick up the reissue they did with their whole discography on vinyl? I was looking for Good Vibes for the longest, so when that came out I was really happy. I also think the new mix is better.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-31+at+09.28.11).png (1617x961, 238K)

my boys

Attached: B83F1582-5490-4957-A314-738D8A9BCB25.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

Don't think I have a pic of Rotting Fantasylands but that one's the most common of the three anyway

Attached: 20190831_111824.jpg (1165x1165, 789K)

your Lil Ramsey is a 2000s-2010s bootleg, not even a 90s dub.

Things I bought when I was in high school many years ago, probably will sell someday

Attached: IMG_20190831_171807.jpg (2096x1435, 852K)

Here's the cover art for the Fruit Will Rot set. It comes in an orange mesh bag.

Attached: 88703fd7-1d5e-4e17-92bc-2350d66433db.jpg (1094x1280, 359K)

and here are the individual CDs

Attached: 16b23f87-68c7-4662-917d-523e3f698d95.jpg (1253x1280, 488K)

Name of the last CD (bottom right) please

Doesn't have a name, it's just the ninth CD. The band is Eustachian.

nah it’s a 98’ repress, hard to tell from the pic

Blessed posts

Good goy, buy the extra limited colored vinyl

When I was a teenager I volunteered at a radio station, and while I was there I got to take the demos of local bands I like. There are a few of those that have probably only been heard by me, other radio station volunteers, and the band themselves. Because of my tastes at the time and what was popular then, they're pretty much all just garage punk bands.

Who listens to CDs anymore, though?

When I was a teen people said the age of CDs would end, and I was in denial because I'd bought so many and I didn't want to believe it was a wasteful investment. Then when they became irrelevant I was sad, but I still took pride in having a really cool CD collection. But now I'm relieved that I don't have to deal with CDs, which are stupidly fragile, anymore. And I cringe at the fact that I have piles and piles of CDs back at my parents' house, even if it's about as cool of a CD collection as one could have.

Anyway, if you want to hear a great, unknown teenage garage punk band that sounds halfway between The Stooges and Mudhoney, check out The Smash Babies.

/blog

no, I wasn't aware. great to hear their stuff got reissued, it's a great record.

Give it a listen youtube.com/watch?v=JCEXxnb4xWM
It's really refreshing after listening to the original for so long. Also all the merch and physicals are still available in case you need more copies.

Attached: William_Bonney_Black_White_Alt_High_Res_2000x.jpg (2000x2000, 388K)

Had 15 ultra rare gerogerigegege 7"s and CDs, hand numbered by juntato himself and some had less than 70 ever pressed, but my gf destroyed all of them. She destroyed my first issue larks tongues in aspic and unopened lateralus full color 4lp vinyl too.

Attached: IMG_20180712_154607.jpg (2592x1944, 1006K)

this is why women are such a meme

I've seen you post it before, so I'm guessing you're not bullshitting.
Damn man... you really must hate that woman. Ever thought about revenge?

Based art hoe dabbing on pseuds

>she destroyed your gerogerigegege physicals
base-
>she also destroyed your larks tongue in aspic fp
fuck

probably moreso the one on the right, but that Choirs LP is kinda hard to get now, too

I also have some stuff by Psalters which is genuinely hard to find, but not terribly expensive

Attached: 20190111_223919.jpg (2016x1504, 609K)

>she destroyed your gerogerigegege physicals
base-

You just revealed yourself

Rarest I got would be either a Boxset of Songs from the U.S Civil War, or Death In June's "The World that Summer".
Got a really small collection of vinyls with stuff by C93, Throbbing Gristle and Chris And Cosey, plus some small stuff from friend's bands and stuff like old comedy albums. I'm there, just building a collection steb by step

why the fuck she do that?

Most expensive record in my collection according to Discogs is the 2018 reissue of Loveless

>What kinda music is this?
not him but the japanese one is from an underground synth punk band called sandwich de 120pun? (the "?" is part of their name)
youtube.com/watch?v=KdY_UM46nm8

wtf that's insane, how much did you pay for them?

this was prob the only record i ever bought that went up in value

Attached: captainmurphy-555x350.jpg (555x350, 36K)

I own the leather binder for Aphex Twin's Analord, and got his Houston single when I saw him at Day for Night. Most expensive non-RDJ record I own is probably the reissue of Long Season that came out a few years ago.

Attached: 20190324_114306~2.jpg (1073x1533, 260K)

It depends if you talk about rare in terms of number or rare in terms of difficulty to find.
I have quite a lot of albums that were only issued in 5 or 10 exemplaries, but none of them is very known or searched.

super based Cycheouts

Idk are any of these rare? Probably the closest ones i have other than loveless but i included it because ive never actually met anyone irl that owns a physical copy

My John Cale EP, Animal Justice
vinyl btw, fuck off with CDs, I sold mine like 4 years ago

Attached: 20190831_142356-1.jpg (1950x2563, 1.1M)

I own somewhere around 100 CDs and none of them are rare lol

>vinyl btw, fuck off with CDs, I sold mine like 4 years ago
Why not keep them and have both, analog and digital? You needed the money?

this was meant to go with this

according to Discogs mean values :

most of them are hard to find but not that popular

Attached: 1541105416506.jpg (2048x2048, 620K)

Vinyl for my analogue
Spotify for my easy access, digital, I don't have to pay for each new album as I listen to it
And yea, I wanted some money and I hadn't listened to a CD since I was 15 so a sold them.
CDs are obsolete, vinyl is better quality, streaming is easier, CDs have the worst of both worlds.

>Spotify for my easy access, digital
I use spotify for some releases I don't own, but just so you know, I compared my own FLAC rips of some albums and compared them to the Spotify counterpart and Spotify sounded noticeably worse. Not by a whole lot margin, but it was there, it was clearly not the same as listening to my .FLACs.
CDs are just a way to store digital sound. Streaming is fine but it's fine to own the stuff physically too, plus there might be certain times you can't stream, but you can still listen to CDs (recently used my old discman after a while during a power shutdown one night).
Anyway, if you needed the money, I understand then.
Not every release has a vinyl version though.

i know the long season CD isn't obscure or valuable but it's the only one that sticks out in my collection. it's the 25th anniversary re-release and i got it for free too.

I've seen copies of Loveless in Barnes and Noble.

>not every release has a vinyl version
Basically this. A great deal of them music I like doesn't get more than one or two pressings, and a lot of it never touches vinyl. I like having backups in case things end up disappearing or getting corrupted.

An original pressing of Henry Cow - Legend
A shitload of Sun Ra
A French ep of David Bowie - Heroes with him singing it in French on side A and German on side B.

Attached: HenryCow.jpg (600x595, 127K)

>go to used media book sale for some library
>buy 20+ cds for a total of $5
>import them all in flac
>have hard copies for display and novelty
cds are the best format

i remember your thread. god damn i wouldve murdered her