Wow this is good

Wow this is good.

Attached: ToolFI.jpg (1080x1047, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFgQpe4ulwM
youtube.com/watch?v=brGNqP1EBLE
reddit.com/r/Music/comments/cxczfy/listening_to_new_tool_album/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>SOUND THE DREAD ALARM

Attached: CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg (526x402, 25K)

Maynard anally raped an 8 year old boy for a sex ritual as part of the ceremonial magick cult he's with

Like clockwork

Can't stop listening to it. It's pretty great.

an unironical masterpiece. plebs are getting filtered by the longer instrumental sections.

All songs have literally the same progression and the same ending.

stop posting your fantasies in public

ACTING ALL SURPRISED
WHEN YOU'RE CAUGHT IN THE LIE
WE KNOW BETTER
IT'S NOT UNLIKE YOU

Attached: index.jfif.jpg (262x192, 6K)

I mean this is Tool we are talkin about here bro, i still think youre a little off base.

I literally wasted 13 years waiting for this tragic mess, I don't think I could ever be more disappointed in my life. Tool was my favorite band and now I can't even listen to this junk. I absolutely appall the new direction tool went with this. Waste of time.

>new direction
You're funny. This is just a mellower Lateralus.

How many times have you listened to it? For me it really came together after around 5 listens

Eh, the guitar and bass sound okay, everything else sucks.
The drumming is cringe tier, sounds like a kid in his basement who just got his first iron cobra double kick.
Maynard is weak and the lyrics are awful.
Overall it's a Tool album, nothing special.

This is so corny

The more I listen to FI the less I like it.

the biggest pleb filter of all time

It's an average album, nothing really bad but nothing great

Shut the fuck up, paid shill scum. It gets worse and worse

u posted the same thing yesterday bruh

give it a rest and leave danny alone before u get got

Attached: 1566753064266s.jpg (187x250, 6K)

I'm halfway through my first listen, (just finished Descending) and honestly the melodies seem lacklustre and half the riffs are lifted directly from their earlier work.
I was expecting a weak release, but this is just sad.

Was about 4th or 5th listen when the album took its own identity in their catalog for me. It definitely has the classic Tool sound but it really feels like their most consistent album in terms of the songs and the pacing of the album. Danny Carey is a fucking beast on this thing too. Some of the best drums i feel he has ever laid down.

How

How

Yeah it's fucking fantastic, Maynard almost seems like background noise for most of the tracks

That's an awful lot of free time lmao

Maynard has cemented his place in Tool with this album, and I dont mean his role. Hes obviously always been the singer for Tool, but he is more supplemental than people realize and I think people give him more credit than he deserves. That said, I love Maynard and his contributions I just dont understand how people see him as the centerpiece of Tool.

lateralus is still their softest and least aggressive album by far

The Grudge and Ticks & Leeches are both considerably heavier than anything on FI.

Plebs, toolfags and prog metal nerds seem him as the centerpiece. He's happier being a farmer now.

no

Because it's dull, it's slow, it's repetitive, all songs follow the same structure, riffs are dragging for no reason, there's no real climax to the long songs, it doesn't have the raw energy of Aenima/Undertow, it doesn't have the song writing and ambiance of Lateralus, it's just a worse 10k Days and that's reaching considering Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs, the production and mastering are terrible, clipping issues, Maynard doesn't scream anymore, he should just retire and let Danny and Adam carry on with an instrumental album.

I'll give it one positive: it reconciliated me with the earlier albums and I've given them a new point of view.

Farmer and a child rapist with sex slaves living in a guest house. Hi, Danny. Nice to see you in the thread

List of 0 IQ statements.

>Every Tool album sounds the same.
>10,000 Days is just another Lateralus.
>Fear Inoculum is just another 10,000 Days.
>Fear Inoculum is just another Lateralus.

Based Maynard

>those complex syncopated chugs before shit hits the fan in Invincible
Glorious work from Danny & co.

List of -50 IQ statements

>you have to listen to it 17 times before it gets good
>maynard is cool for raping kids

yes

Add
>Rosetta Stoned is TOOLs best song.

For me it's Hush

Hes not wrong. The heaviest moments on Lateralus are far heavier than anything on FI.

Let's recap some facts about this album:
>Danny is amazing and this is album is probably his best work.
>Adam is disappointing. There are some cool solos but a big chunk of his work feels uninspired, unmelodic and even recycled.
>Justin is very good, though I don't understand why is he so quiet in the mix. I love him in Invincible and Pneuma.
>Maynard feels a bit uninspired. I like him on Descending but he is mostly forgettable. This is disappointing because his personality is a key element to the music and some parts feel empty without him.

>The songs feel overlong. Culling voices has a 7 minute intro that leads nowhere
>The production is too clean and feels kinda sterile like a Steven Wilson album.
And my biggest problem:
>The album often seem to lack emotion. As if they were focusing too much on the technical aspects and forgot to make the music human. This was never the case with Tool before.

They played it too safe and it falls flat. Many such cases, SAD!

Wow, is Danny in this thread or what? Jeez, this band is really fucking lame. Now that everyone knows Maynard rapes children they're shifting the threads toward Maynard not being important and it's Danny's band.

Tool has always been Danny & Justin lol. Adam is the weakest link and Maynard is entirely supplemental.

This is a good summary of what I was thinking. Thanks for saving me the effort of organising my thoughts.

I wouldn't listen to this shit without vocals and words. Fucking get real, Danny. You just want to put distance between yourself and the guys you know rape kids, Adam and Maynard

You arent convincing anyone and youre probably the guy who posted in that one thread pretending to be maynard and then deleting his post.

>the producttion and mastering are terrible
yeah now I know you're either deaf or straight retarded, probably both. This is the clearest and most full their sound has ever been.

He just wants attention

No that was definitely Maynard lol. You're not fooling anyone

>implying clear sound is good

I think that's a lot of the problem. Too sterile. The muddier sound of Undertow and AEnima gives their wankery a rawer quality.
FI could be a Dream Theater album.

First 7 minutes of Culling voices is my favorite part of the whole album.

>the production and mastering are terrible
get yourself a pair of decent tannoys mate, this shit ain't 'mastered for itunes'

Chocolate Chip Trip is the only track that stuck out to me as being interesting and good. The others sounded desperately mediocre and all of them were 5 minutes too long. Also the mixing is terrible, the drums sound like absolute trash, the guitar is way too loud, and Maynard has completely forgotten how to write lyrics and vocal melodies, and of course the entire band forgot how to structure a song. Listening to this and then listening to Lateralus is actually really sad.

>complains about songs with multiple ideas being too drawn out
>praises the 5 minute track with one idea stretched out over its entirety

It was obviously impossible to reach the quality of Lateralus but they really dropped the ball with the silly experimentation. It's not a bad album per se but everybody expected much more from fucking TOOL. Here's to hoping they won't take another decade to release the next one.

>the drums sound like absolute trash
Are you fucking crazy? This is one of the best drum-oriented rock albums I've heard. It's kinda compressed and high-pitched tuned but it's clear and upfront smashing you right in your fucking face. Danny is literally the only thing shining on this album.

lateralus is still their worst album

Sure thing.

>>complains about songs with multiple ideas being too drawn out
yeah they need an editor. nobody needs to hear each careful syncopated variation of a riff.

>bass is pretty loud in the mix
>this guitarist is garbage, how is he allowed to be the lead songwriter?
>lol tribal drumming
>Maynard sounds dejected, probably upset that he needs to milk the cash cow again in order to fund his weirdo reverse Varg hippie commune
>there's like 2 minutes worth of song here, why was it 10 minutes?
That covers my thought process, so basically a typical Tool release.

thank you for agreeing my friend

Danny, you are making it too obvious you're ITT

God this is big if true I can’t fucking wait

then don't
whole thing with segues is out in new zealand go grab it

choco trip is unironically the best
Maynard ruined the tracks and the guitar parts are uninspired garbage
bass and drums sound like a tool cover band at times
>last track is le best and sooo deep user
where were you when you found out tool was pozzed?

2/10 utter garbage

Nah I am a huge tool nerd I got tomorrow all lined up

I think you can ruin an album by sitting too much on it.
It's obvious that they were working on this thing for ages, trying to perfect each idea. The music now feels calculated and tryhardy. It's the raw energy of Aenima that is missing.

boring buttmetal

Aenimia was 30 years ago bro

Hi, Danny. Hi, paid shill

hi tranny
go fall down a hill

What are you, stupoor?

I admire your dedication. I wanted to wait too but caved in fast.

Pretty patrician if I do may say so

Maynard's Dick is an underlooked classic imo
youtube.com/watch?v=qFgQpe4ulwM

As a massive Toolhead I was going to say it was good even if it was complete mess, feels great that the album is actually solid so I don't have to shill.

WARRIOR
STRUGGLING
TO REMAIN
RELEVANT

Attached: Bring-Me-To-Life-evanescence-3365853-470-352.jpg (470x352, 16K)

>Third Eye isn't their best song

>TOOL DIDN'T MAKE ANOTHER AENIMA AND I HATE THEM FOR IT REEEE

Attached: 1487189451886.png (645x773, 253K)

So? Michael Gira is like 80 and the makes the best music of his carrier

what's the deal with the new tracklist? why isn't 7empest the 7th track anymore there's no point of that dumb shit now

you're supposed to switch it around with culling voices bro

The digital version have the 3 segues.
Just listened to those and frankly they are not very good.

I know you're fucking with me but tool could be on some shit like that

thanks papi

>This album by Tool is shit because it sounds like it was made by Tool

Attached: sz6wdwxjjge21.jpg (378x378, 31K)

>All the songs on this new album are just a remake of Third Eye
>All the songs on this new album are just a remake of Right In Two
>All the songs on this new album are just a remake of Rosetta Stoned

It's probably their most overrated to be fair. Sounds like an improvised jam session and the mix on it is weird, sounds like a rough demo.

>Tool spends 13 years perfecting their best release yet
>plebs think they can form a negative opinion after less than 20 listens

Jesus Christ look at the desperate paid shills who won't allow a negative opinion of the soulless wank album. Just listen to it 500 times and it'll get good, bruh! Fuck off

It sounds like a pathetic cover band of Tool that no emotion or direction or interest in their own music. It sounds like SHIT

This thread is hilarious. Lateralus up on such a pedestal. Fuck off with that and go listen to Kenny loggins. Aenima is the realest shit!

fear inoculum is easily a 8.5/9 out of 10. cullin voice drags it down a bit for me, but besides that it has blown me away.

all i want from tool now is a new 30 minute album with songs like jerk off and opiate. angry, catchy as fuck and intense as fuck. jerk off is one of the most underrated songs in general. it's a true 11.0

Listen to Invincible and tell me it has no emotion or direction.

I'd love it if their next album (whenever it comes out) is full of songs like Cold And Ugly.

sweat - 7.5
hush - 4.5
part of me - 5.0
cold and ugly - 8.0
jerk off - 11.0
opiate - 10.0
(gaping lotus - 69)

Attached: toolbrain.jpg (397x810, 105K)

"Invincible" has a really good end part.
Makes you go "here's the Tool I like"... then stops.
Has to be the most annoying Tool album I've heard because it hints at something amazing.. but stumbles before they go all in with that good idea.

And you read the interviews they did, that's exactly how they felt while recording it too.
Amazing how much of that recording sessions' difficulties is captured in the music.
I'm guessing they struggled to put a cohesive track down and had all these random ideas. Then that dragged on and on in sessions so they kept modifying shit in the studio. Eventually it dragged on for a decade or so and so they decided "fuck this, let's just gamble and go with this unfinished shit we did for an album and then start fresh afterwards".

Happens all the time with artists. I think Aphex Twin may have had this issue 2bh. Most of his dumped music seemed to be really old crap.

This is why you write 3 minute songs for some ideas, instead of epic 10 min tracks.
Just get the idea out in a gust of vigour, don't fuck around or it will eat itself over time.

Fucksakes, Maynard. Who did you pay to make that? HElllooooo fellow kids..

You didn't do anything for 13 years but wait for this album?

SHE'S SCARED AS HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm glad CCT is a gimmicky troll song. I'd hate for them to write a masterpiece of a song, something on the level of Lateralus, Forty Six & Two or Jambi, only for it to be fucking called Chocolate Chip Trip.

>Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs
based and DMTpilled

>the production and mastering are terrible
get some real headphones or a decent audio system, the mastering in this album is amazing

based, also nice trips

Attached: VD09afj.jpg (645x729, 64K)

The production is top notch, the drums sound fucking great

Maynard is a rapist pedo

Also the band is posting and the shills are out in force, you guys are showing your asses

Cringe

Attached: 9FFF3866-F1B4-4935-A147-148B5EA9DBEC.jpg (1092x1366, 133K)

I get the haters, you want a 55 year old grandpa to sound like he did 20 years ago. However every other member of the band is at the top of their game and they gave you a more instrumental heavy album.

For what tool can make today, this is a 10/10. They will/can not make better music than this album. If you miss old tool well that's it.

I am shocked these grandpas gave us this album which stands above to modern young artists like Billie Eilish.

>For what tool can make today, this is a 10/10.
so by shit standards, it's good?

Billie is WAY better than this corporate monkey shit

Anyone who's actually a fan of Tool wouldn't say "it's shit because they're rehashing the same sound!" I don't know how any Tool fan would get upset over them releasing a new album with that signature sound of theirs.

If you're going to deliberately go against the advances of music technology and say high fidelity is lame, which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, you gotta admit you know shit about proper production and mastering.

billie is also corporate monkey shit tho

Signature sound, great

Rehased melodies and riffs? Gross

because it's a SHITTY album of theirs and after all this time if you can't innovate you can at least make it a good tool formula album. but you are a paid shill piece of shit, you'll never understand this.

There's quite some Tool songs which have quite the same ending.
>du-du-du-dum
>du-du-du-dum
>du-du-du-dum
>du-du-du-dum
>du-du-du-dum
>*du*-*du*-*du*-*dum*
>DU-DU-DU-DUM

This poster is actually threatening the anti-Maynard troll. It’s a spooky occultist trick, responding to one person in an allegorical fashion intended for someone else.

You might want to be careful how you talk to people, frog eater. You never know who might be watching.

Maynard James Keenan, fraud mage, spent two decades exploiting teenagers for sex while singing about personal growth and spirituality.
But more importantly Tool is a relic of a short-lived garbage aeon, and their music is fucking boring.

Attached: 2DE05A02-74F1-4280-B2CE-877CABFD4C5C.png (540x510, 291K)

My point exactly, still way better than Tool. I expected more and this is worse than the worst

Trent-tier lyrics desu

Why do you hate Lateralus? It makes me sad because I really like the album.

Its actually really good. Like it a lot. I feel if CCT was longer and culling voices better, we would have a real candidate for best tool record besides lateralus. too bad cct doesnt dare to become another merkaba, and the mid section of culling voices is probably the most uninspired riffing dude put on a record since the first one.

Other than that - the first four songs are true craftmanship. Guys really know how to tell a complex story with their songs and Pneuma might be my new favourite Tool track.

My problem is a bit still with Tempest as well. Its kind of amazing but i am still not sure if it has all the rights to be as long as it is. A true banger, but i am curious if its also a grower.

So - a few missed oppurtunities but largely very good material. I'll end up ranking it behind lateralus and aenima, but in front of 10k.

i thought it was pretty good, if they made a "normal" version and sold it for like 11.99 at walmarts or target i would actually buy it

>not a single radio-friendly track on the album
>cOrPoRaTe MoNkEy ShIt

And raping pre-teens

Not 30 but just barely 23. Why do zoomers always feel an urge to vastly exaggerate the oldness of something.

Attached: tool-madness-2011.png (1000x700, 134K)

They are just decoy segues. The real segues will come later.

Then it'd still be the 8th song

>hurr durr just give us your money and we'll give the real album later
eat shit, spammer

GLE was a foreshadowing of Undertow.
Disgustipated was a foreshadowing of Aenima.
Third Eye was a foreshadowing of Lateralus.
Faaip de Oiad was a foreshadowing of 10k Days.
Viginti Tres was foreshadowing of Fear Inoculum.
Not sure what Mockingbeat is supposed to lead into at this point.

Imagine thinking Stinkfist is better than Pushit

>not getting an obvious 10k Days post-release meme reference
found the zoomer

I loved CCT from the get go desu

This is all correct

FYI the album was recorded on tape.

Yeah and then he randomly gifted some random stranger all of the evidence in a goody bag by the VIP room after some concert!

He’s also friends with Podesta’s family and sings Crowley inspired hymns to Hillary Clinton at her bed time so she can sleep at night.

Scary shit

I know the album has been leaked already, but somebody spoon feed me because I can’t find it anywhere, and want to listen to something other than Fear Inoculum

Imagine thinking 10,000 days is better than Rosetta Stoned, Jambi and Vicarious

Just go to Piratebay you big dumb piss baby.

blll

I'll say this, on FI they've officially run out of ideas and are literally just repeating their most Tool-ish techniques and gimmicks.

im not comparing Tool to the classical masters, but consider that many masterpieces end the same
>cadence
>octave drop
it's just a period on a long sentence

It's fucking boring, the long songs sound the goddamn same with the same structure and progressions, and the guitars have some of the most boring passages/riffs to date. Danny kills it with drums but everything else is so lackluster. I'd be pissed if I was a Tool fan waiting for this.

I used to know someone online who went by the name Maynard and had a picture of James Maynard as his profile picture. He faked a few suicide attempts and said his girlfriend got raped and created a fake account where he pretended to be his girlfriend. Every single one of us knew what he was doing the entire time but nobody wanted to say anything because we didn't know we all knew. He got banned lol. He was also weirdly obsessed with me. He gave a 10 to pretty much every album I told him to listen to which is gunny because most of them were second hand Scaruffi recs, Fun times.

Pneuma, Descending, Chocolate Chip Trip are pretty good. The rest are boring and meandering. Invincible is the worst one imo

But it is

youtube.com/watch?v=brGNqP1EBLE

i wish people would stop shitposting, it's really clear this is an awful album. they would have been better off stopping at 10k days. but redditfags got their fix and old man tool got one more feather in their hat. good for everyone i guess.

This is a phenomenal album m8

none of the uploads have the full tracklist

AOTD

>the holy trinity
Pneuma, Invincible and Descending

I'm currently at 11:21 on Invincible. This is REALLY strong so far and I am loving this album. Pneuma was incredible start to finish. Fear Inoculum, enough said. Invincible is really different writing than Maynard has done before but holy shit this song is awesome so far.
>however
I don't understand Litanie contre la Peur yet. That transitional felt really out of place and odd. It didn't break or lead into a new theme or style like most of the transitional songs on their other albums did. Anyone see the point in this song? The album was only 23 minutes in at that point so it even seems like a strange spot to put a transition song.

i was wondering why it sounded weird. is this confirmed?

HOLY SHIT LISTEN CLOSELY ON LEGION INOCULANT, THAT'S A SAMPLE OF PUSCIFER'S GRAND CANYON

Pneuma honestly put tears in my eyes.

WHY IS POSTING SO SLOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AOTY by far

They do like the transitions songs, pay no mind to them, except if its Eons Blue, Parabol or Lost Keys

Idk I cant post from my computer for some reason

I consider Lost Keys part of Rosetta Stoned
The other transitions all have made a ton of sense to me, musically or lyrically. I just really didn't understand Litanie contre la Peur. I'll probably get it after another couple listens.

(chocolate chip) trips

Aenima and Undertow all day baby

The progression of lost keys into Rosetta stoned is one of the most amazing things in music history. Funny enough I used to skip over Rosetta stoned every time because I always thought it was the worst song on 10k days. But when you read the lyrics and understand the compositional genius of the song it changes everything. The entire premise of the song and how druggies think they’re the chosen ones “they chose me” is hysterical and so true. The song is literally one of the greatest tool songs of all time, it just doesn’t make you aware of that fact until you read the lyrics

they also use the same scale with the same boring old notes. they're also using the same old boring instruments. BORING

> you're an idiot, and not even a useful one

More like B-side Ejaculum.
I've been growing bored and away from this band for years. This album is a perfect example as to why.

Where's the sticky, MODS?

>start the new Tool album
>starts with the song they've already released, sounds good
>smoke a bowl during "Fear Inoculum"
>really digging it
>excited to see what's next
>not sure if they can keep the same level of quality
>were the doomsayers on Yea Forums right? is Tool washed up?
>totally melted by the second track
>the drummer is 58
>these fucking boomers just cancelled music
>Tool really is the greatest band in the world

What % of this thread has ever listened to TOOL before?

I know dude. I love it.
I dropped acid and listened through Tool's entire disc. in '13 and was feeling like I was the chosen one through Lost Keys and then Rosetta Stoned came on and it hit me in the trip like "Yo, that that's fucking retarded dawg lmao"

then don't listen to it again faggot

The songs are so meandering and uninteresting. I still remember the first time I heard songs like Lateralus and Vicarious, I was immediately blown away. They didn't have to "grow on me". This new album hasn't been any more enjoyable on the second listen than it was the first.

Just finished the album
What can I say after only 1 listen except for THAT WAS FUCKING TIGHT

My new favorite tool album :)

Overall, it's good. I enjoyed it and I assume I may like it more as time passes. The interludes were completely useless and should have been discarded like on the CD.

This is Tool's best album

It's as good as Anemia and Lateralus which is to say that they only know how to write exactly one song and play it for an hour and a half

that goes without saying you fagmatic hyper queer

What % of this thread has ever listened to TOOL before?

kys

Best Tool album

the main problem I can see is the album has zero balls or emotion. The mix is flat and the "climaxes" are fucking boring

>it's either going to be shitposting about Fantano being a shill if he gives the album an 8 and higher or OH NONONNONONONO if its literally anything else
I'm not ready for this autism

lol no. But it's better than 10,000 days.

Just got done with first listen. Holy shit how can hip hop fags even fucking compete? This is peak musical performance. You and you're mumbling Shines might not like it, but this is it.

based and dickpilled

(checked)
>tfw I've reached 10th listen on only two listenings

Listening now, its fucking great so far. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of sweet trippy Alex Grey art though, was hoping for more Godself type art to go with the album.

Lateralus is my actual favorite album ever and this is giving it a run for its money. Just, fucking WOW. The title track scared me but this is fucking incredible.

>lol no. But it's better than 10,000 days.
Yeah, the title track had me worried but thankfully this will end up better than 10,000 days. You never want a band you like's last album to be their worst.

Any actual argument or are you just seething for no reason?

It doesn't feel like a cohesive album. It's like they had riffs and shit they stored for 13 years and put into a compilation album.
It's not bad though.

>Wow this is good.
No fucking shit... It's Tool
I can go through 10,000 Armageddon's
Lose everything
Die horrendous deaths, again and again.

As long as I have my prayer I'm good.
Faith in the way.
Know the way and be saved.
I will not be decieved.

I'll cast aside my toys
I'll pick up my tools.
Logic and Reason are scattered
Knowledge now forsaken

I carry Wisdom and Love
I hold to my Faith
I will carry on
God be damned I'm leaving this place.

I'm cum

I think the album is acceptable. I mean I'm glad that after 13 years it wasn't a pile of shit, but you're completely right. I think you're probably right in your assumptions. It's kind of like some spinal tap shit. 13 years of over analyzing and writing riffs and riffs and trying to cram all these snippets of ideas into one album. It'd they do start fresh and write something else with fresh coherent ideas, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up

Nice DDOS, Maynard. Nice play.

Are those lyrics from this album?

The segues are terrible on this one and have no relation to the other songs or meaning

Still need to finish up the album, but so far, while I wish for something a bit heavier, it's fresh and good.

ㅕ겨겨

I feel like this is a Fantano 10

This nigga said shills

>I'm a giant shill.

honestly feeling a low to mid 8 from fantano

>LOOOOONG....... BOOOOOORING, tool can't play any faster than a tortoise

Descending is fucking amazing, the chorus is giving me goosebumps everytime I go through the song. Invincible has some nice drums and riffs. Pneuma was a bit forgettable for me.
Fear Inoculum is boring, maybe it was because I listened to it a bit too much while waiting for the album to drop.
7empest was the most blue-balling experience I went through, I wanted some screaming Maynard, it felt like it was just about to tip over to it, but nope. Still the most "intense" song in the album though.

>>you are >>me

They clearly shoved this album out here so they could just move on and never do tool again

>RISE
>STAY THE GRAND FINALE
>STAY THE READING OF OUR SWAN SONG AND EPILOGUE
>ONE DRIVE TO
>STAY ALIVE

Where's the sticky, MODS?

ONE HEART
ALL SOULS MELDING TOGETHER
UNDER ONE FAITH
ONE SUN
MOMMY
ONE SINGULAR BREATHE
UNITY FOREVER
PISSCUNT
MOVING BEYOND AND
FOREVER
ONEONETWO
HOWDY DOO
THREEFIVEEIGHT
MY INNER FATE
THIRTEENTWENTYONE
GOING OUT AND BEYOOOOND
SHIT FUCK COCK
CUNT PISS BITCH
TITTIES ASS WHORE

New direction?
I am inlove with this album and the one complaint that I have is that they didn't really do anything new. Fear Inoculum is most literally the quintessential tool album. This shit is straight tool through and through with the exception of Maynard taking a more passive approach. They actually should have went off their usual route at least a little more.

However, i don't think you've listened to it enough man. This shit gets better every listen i promise you.

The middle of Aenima(Hooker with a Penis, Jimmy, Pushit) sound like Undertow C-sides

I don't know what you guys are going on about, this is awesome. Not Aenema or Lateralus calibur, but far from the worst thing they've ever done.

“Invincible” and “Descending” really got me fired up. “7empest” was good too.

For me it’s Lateralus > 10,000 Days > Fear Inoculum > Aenima > Undertow

OK, honestly, I don't know what you guys are listening to because this is absolute fucking crap. There are times when they're literally playing out of sync. Like the musicianship is objectively bad. It's just rehashes of old shit except holy shit it's in 7 instead of 5. The lyrics are almost satirical. Like do they even actually know anything about Gnosticism? Because this is fucking dumb.

It's obviously phoned-in, but also not even close to the worst thing in their catalog.

No it fucking isn't

> Lateralus > 10,000 Days > Fear Inoculum > Aenima > Undertow
this

TOOL FI FIRST LISTEN REPORT
>walked for 180 minutes at the lake listening to the new TOOL album twice without distraction

>OVERALL: Solid album 8/10 rating.
>I rank it the 5th best TOOL album overall.

>PROS: Danny/Justin absolutely kill it. Has the classic TOOL vibe that gives full body goosebumps. Maynard was pleasantly conservative, and didnt ruin the album (like he did with apc's Ear the Elephant). The album also gets better with each listen, like any TOOL album.

>CONS: 13 years for 5ish songs that are borderline filler... The 5 great songs are great and provide plenty of content, but the 5ish filler tracks are disappointing considering the 13 year wait.

SONG RANKINGS:
>TOP TIER (instant hits)
Invincible
Descending
>Really Good tier
7empest (but this is a grower song like Rosetta..could move up over time)
Pneuma
Title Track
>OK tier
Chocolate trip
Culling Voices
>Filler tier
everything else

Final Word
>I really like the album. Very happy Tool is back, and I hope they spent the 13 year writing more than just 7 true TOOL songs. Maybe a supplemental mini album in the next year or two?!?! (probably not....)

Agreed

Dunno why people hate Culling Voices, it is easily the most memorable track in the album. Everything else is forgetable.

TOOL FI FIRST LISTEN REPORT
>walked for 180 minutes at the lake listening to the new TOOL album twice without distraction

>OVERALL: Solid album 8/10 rating.
>I rank it the 5th best TOOL album overall.

>PROS: Danny/Justin absolutely kill it. Has the classic TOOL vibe that gives full body goosebumps. Maynard was pleasantly conservative, and didnt ruin the album (like he did with apc's Ear the Elephant). The album also gets better with each listen, like any TOOL album.

>CONS: 13 years for 5ish songs that are borderline filler... The 5 great songs are great and provide plenty of content, but the 5ish filler tracks are disappointing considering the 13 year wait.

SONG RANKINGS:
>TOP TIER (instant hits)
Invincible
Descending
>Really Good tier
7empest (but this is a grower song like Rosetta..could move up over time)
Pneuma
Title Track
>OK tier
Chocolate trip
Culling Voices
>Filler tier
everything else

Final Word
>I really like the album. Very happy Tool is back, and I hope they spent the 13 year writing more than just 7 true TOOL songs. Maybe a supplemental mini album in the next year or two?!?! (probably not....)

I hated the title track when it first dropped. I kept thinking "get on with it!" Then Maynard came in and I was like "...well fuck, *it's* gone."

Tried again the next day, kind of digging on the riffs, but it felt like a Tool cover band doing an 'original' piece. Then the leak came around.

Listened through the first time, non-passively, and was kind of nonplussed. Fast forward the next day, passively put it on while working, start nodding and getting it. I was literally whistling riffs and melodies throughout the day.

These guys have tuned in and found all the weird shit that makes Tool, well Tool. It all clicked: the build ups, the layers, folding over one another, the pacing...it all comes together. This is the culmination of their discography, distilled into 7 tracks (plus segues).

lol there is nothing you shills can say that will make this not crap.
I hate to break it to you.

shit lads, i think 7empest just saved this album. holy shit this is good

why would they call the song sevenempest?

i lold
thank you

yes

yes

>imagine samefagging a Yea Forums thread to try and convince people a good album is bad

LMAO at your life samefag

it's certainly good but i feel like it's too tame and sweet as a whole, something about the clean mix and the tightly controlled distortion just leaves me wanting for some chaos

at any rate it's going to be fun figuring out all the hidden symbolism

The album is terrible, and they just tarnished their legacy.

reddit.com/r/Music/comments/cxczfy/listening_to_new_tool_album/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
>Tool fans

>medium=ios_app
kys phone poster

>the only posts defending it are reddit spacing
wanna know how it's shit?
every song has the same structure save 7empest and CCT

>More like B-side Ejaculum.
Kek

>the only posts defending it are reddit spacing shills
wanna know how I know it's shit?
every song has the same structure save 7empest and CCT

Tool posts on Yea Forums are just as unbearable as the ones on reddit

You wish Tool fag

maybe its because the same people here and there

I'm a huge tool fan.
>Favorite album
Opiate
>First album listened
Undertow
>Favorite song
Hooker with a penis
>Least favorite album in the fucking world after listening to half of it.
Fear imodicom or inoculum? It's poop. Maynard has finally done what he always wanted with TOOL fans. he's finally shit back on us for the pain some of us have caused him.

Legion Inoculant has Maynard whispering "bless this immunity" in the background.

Doesn't make it any more useless

I fucking love how Undertowy the first part is

Fear Inoculum is on the radio

Some of you guys had me nervous. I’m only a few tracks in but I like it.

Seven songs in, and I'm just bored.

Yeah, they're all doing a good job, but damn...
I feel like I'm stuck listening to drop C riffs with void odd metering, tension-release formula, and polished sounds. I mean, it's well done, well mixed/mastered. Just, too "well". Nothing stands out, dynamics are squashed trough all the album.

No remarquable riffs, nor melodies. Danny Carrey sure has the ability to entertain you with his 7/8 or 7/4 interpretations. That's about it for me.

I'm not a Tool "fan". I really enjoyed all their albums / EPs, with a preference for 10 000 Days, but that's it: I wasn't waiting feverishly for this album. That being said, I had no expectations.
it's just a nice album, well put. But no surprises, no

Second listen through now and im really starting to get into it.

Have listened to Fear Inoculum (the single) 4 or 5 times, after the first listen i was like meh, but now im really feeling it

What pain did they cause him? Asking for a new album?

a fantano 7

What's with the difficulty to post, and unability to post any images? this has been going on since many hours now

>What's with the difficulty to post, and unability to post any images? this has been going on since many hours now
Mook traded the image servers for rice.

Why are the choruses so weak?

The end of Descending is the best part of the album.

-

FUCK THIS WEBSITE
LET ME POST

The title track and Culling Voices might be my favorite so far. There are a few of these tracks that are going to get better the more I listen as I focus on individual sounds rather than trying to take it in all at once. Shit, I still hear new stuff in Rosetta Stoned from time to time.

I really liked it! Lateralus is still my favorite, and I think the only reason this hasn't totally blown me away is because it lacks some of the raw aggression they've had in the past. It's got a sad, almost meditative tone to it, but it's different from say Wings for Marie/10,000 Days. In the latter, Maynard and co weren't just sad, but there was some bitterness and anger to it. Invincible, for example, sounds almost as though MJK feels he's failing.

All in all, it's still Tool. It doesn't sound much like any of their previous work, but it's definitely still them.

Also what's the deal with freaking out because some people don't like it? Some just aren't going to jive with it like others. It's music, a totally subjective thing. People have different tastes guys, co-exist a little.

no

based

no

Just finished my first listen. 13 years for 6 actual tracks of varying quality and 4 tracks of filler. Yes I'm including CCT in the filler, I don't get the big deal. Danny is a great drummer, but I'd like to hear him playing actual songs with the band, not just alongside some shitty synth.
I feel like Maynard was the weak link on the album, but the dude is getting older, I guess he's not going to be screaming like he was.
The rest of the band is mostly great as usual, though some of the guitar work veers into meandering and drawn out. Chugchugchugging the same notes over and over again only works for so long.

Like all of Tool's work, I'm sure it will grow on me in time. For what is I imagine their final album, I guess it could have been a lot worse.

It's ok to blast in the car but petty boring honestly. maybe I'm just getting old (34)

kys yourself faggot.

It's ok to blast in the car but pretty boring honestly. maybe I'm just getting old (34).

Just get really high and listen to it. I'm pretty sure I heard the faint sound of evil Joe taking a shit picked up on tape.

I can see that.

saying something 5000 time doesn't make it true, it just makes it so no one cares
>Jews run the world and they're trying to ruin it!
/pol/ doesn't understand this either, of you have a claim, bring the evidence and an actionable plan to the table with it, instead of being some puss who's just trying to "get the word out bro",for what?so others will create the world you want to live in? fuck off you lazy fuck.

Yep, feels like Tool with a bit of Dream Theater at times.

Descending and 7empest are in the pantheon for best Tool tracks of all time

I can't say the album lives up to 13 years of hype (because I can't imagine anything that would) but I'm still glad we got it if only for those two tracks

Attached: 1530981687497.png (883x661, 881K)

this

most people don't have that album

I didnt like FI so I only listeend to it once, now I'm on Invincible. So far REALLY digging this, and Pneuma.

Even if the rest of the album is garbage 24 min of greatness is more than I expected. Very pleased!

Am I the only one who thinks 7empest is shit? The rest of the album is good, except Culling Voices ends really anticlimatically.

This is their best album. If you dont hear that, then i dont know what to tell you. Its not even close lol wtf is everyone smoking

there's not even a hint of dream theater in this album

>dt is bad
yes, I get that you are missing a brain

All the skill none of the heart yup d e e p s a m e

Someone explain the meaning of Invincible to a brainlet.

America's downfall

It's a pretty straightforward track about legacy. Arguably a self-indulgent metaphor for the band. Probably the easiest track to understand.

7empest is like descending but goes harder and is the pay off for the album's build up. If you don't like it, most likely this album isn't for you.

>Why are the choruses so weak?

Because Descending Chorus makes up for everything else

Lateralus bro.

Lateralus > 10k Days > FI > Aenema > Undertow > Opiate

I feel like this album would go from a 7 to a 9 if they cut 2 minutes from the end of every song.

Pneuma is so fucking overrated, muh spirit muh lateralus

listen to Descending ffs

>A TEMPEST MUST BE JUST THAT

Attached: 1554403431795.png (1298x791, 1.6M)

Glad 5chin is on the same page, leddit is just full of "lmao best album evurr plz show to non tool fans" yeah go die in boiling acid, tons of websites touting the same message, media is making the whole experience seem synthetic rather than straight off the toad.

The album is a bit all over, its mellow, they're older, they live on farms making craft wine yeah this was gonna happen, such is time. Just feels like necromancy raising these same old sounds and riffs, playing them for 10 minutes straight until death, I think most tool fans are sort of just looking at the corpse walking about all "You gotta be fuckin' kidding" before it heads back into its grave. Not gonna say I'm not glad to see them again but uh yeah.

I feel kind of dirty saying I liked maynard in Puscifier more than I liked him in this Tool album. Hope Tool keep it short and sweet and make another album in a few years before neck rope/retiring for good.

I give the album a not bad but not great/feedwater.

Attached: cXNt5eEQHEHSVGsb41cGdhhXxj-2scGeIDeVUc_KYVY.jpg (800x1175, 254K)

Need some copium there bro?

sound quality is way better than the leak including FLAC for me...obviously. this album is great. glad it came out.

WARRIOR

yeah somehow

give a a v0 dl boss

I'm in the middle of invincible, really liking it. It's actually cohesive so far. The other songs felt kind of stiched together. Also first time in the whole record Maynard doesn't sound bad.

Big fan of the guitar solo at the end of invincible

Pneuma's growing big time on me

>MUSTER EVERY FIBER
>MOBILIZE
>STAY ALIVE

Attached: 1550042437006.jpg (400x400, 69K)

The album would be much better if fucking Adam kept to himslef and didn't fucking play anything when he's just chugging the same rift for ages. Jesus fucking christ, Justing and Danny are fantastic, but this asshole isn't doing anything half the time. Even his ok riffs would sound a lot fresher if he didn't tire out everyone with meandering shit.

Me too. Love the hypnotic verse "this flesh"

>new direction
the album sounds like nothing happened in 13 years

Attached: ee.jpg (171x255, 7K)

People like you is why I trust no one...

Attached: 15998360.jpg (400x388, 28K)

you all are a bunch of faggots. the album is really good. go listen to neural milk hostel some more.

Attached: 1552896672395.jpg (1280x800, 250K)

>pedo this pedo that
just gtfo my Yea Forums redditors pieces of shit, Yea Forums has always been pro cunny and if Maynard really is a pedo then I like him even better

It's cause of the production. All parts of the song have the same volume and the cleanness of recording make distortion much too sterile. Plus Maynard only has any energy in his voice in 7empest.

Fag

this album is pretty weak compared to the others because maynard isn't totally charged to rape little girls in the backstage he only things about wine touching asses in jujitsu classes and masturbate hidden in the grapevines. chocolate chip trip is grate tho and danny is really big

Attached: wwDdwPc32ks2gQrAWNUshN.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

GET BTFO TOOL HATEFAGS
THE ALBUMS GOOD
SERIOUSLY AND ACTUALLY
KILL. YOUR. SELVES.

he isnt a pedo nard is into young girls he tried to rape some of them during apc tours

OK, so when is someone going to figure out where the bonus tracks are meant to overlap in the other songs?
We all know that's what they're for.

Pushit (live version) is possibly their best song.

and that's bad how?

the bonus tracks are just here to increase runtime and get more money on streams

shut up and suck my dick you filthy rapist idiot edgy motherfucking idiot bastard ass cooking shit

I've been fucking my big titty goth gf all morning while blasting the new album
it's way good

>streams
>money
pick one

Anyone else listened to the segues once then deleted them?

yes, i always delete the filler wanking bullshit

more runtime and more tracks brings more streams rate thats why those shitty filler arent into physical copies dum dum

>big titty goth
So she's a whale? Good for you.

>t. virgin

>thats why those shitty filler arent into physical copies
They're not on physical copies because a CD can only hold 80 minutes retard.

i have a feeling track 3 can be overlayed onto fear incockulum

Feel bad for Adam, everyone giving him shit when he gave us that ending for Descending

ok, who is the real creative guy in the band? Adam?

album is garbage. seethe, faggot

seems like you're the one seething
faggot

mom, look how 3dgy i am im in a tool thread but shitposting!!

Jesus what happened to my bois? Had this on repeat in the background all day, and just kept wishing for something to happen. Majority sounds like early demos free or Lateralus. At worst it sounds like if Lateralus was made while Drumpft was President. Maynard you fucking hack

I am feeling a like 7 on this one boys

Lateralus 2: Spiral Boogaloo