Pinkerton is one of the heaviest albums ever released

In my opinion, Pinkerton is one of the heaviest albums ever released. Aside from it being a "heavy pop record" on its own, and being very thematically and emotionally heavy, I think that a lot of the intrinsic value that Pinkerton has comes from how different it is. Pinkerton resonates with a lot of people because of the emotional dissonance it has compared a lot of other albums like it, because of how abrasive it sounded to people when it was released. It showed in the reviews and in that most people you asked would say it wasn't nearly as good as Blue was. In that sense, it's similar in a lot of ways to metal and other traditionally "heavy" music; it doesn't set well with people, it's hard to listen to if you're not used to it, etc. I think that in that sense, Pinkerton is honestly one of the heaviest albums ever made. It's easy to crank the distortion on a guitar and write in the chromatic scale. It's hard to channel your frustration into "pop" music and culminate it into a half-hour long masterpiece about sexual frustration and inability to feel fit into anywhere despite stardom and accomplished dreams.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 37K)

it’s their best work by far. i truly believe that if critics had embraced it when it was first released, rivers wouldn’t be putting out shitty, bland music into his 50s like he is today

lol

lmfao

Weezer is gay.

Go back faggots

yeah, it's sad to think that the same dude who put out pink also put out raditude and PD thinking they were legitimate weezer records.

>WAAAAAAAAAA I'M A SAD PERVERT

this is Yea Forums, aren't we all sad perverts

you’re trying too hard to come across as obnoxious user. just be yourself bro

It’s definitely great at mixing pop hooks and untouchable melodies with abrasive distorted moments probably better than Nevermind in that aspect

id definitely argue that its better than nevermind in a lot of ways but i definitely respect what nevermind did for the industry and kurt's skill as a songwriter

Honestly why was it panned on release? Aside from being edgy and angsty, what's there not to like about it? It's catchy pop rock with somewhat relatable lyrics aside sing worthy choruses. Literally had all the ingredients to be a 90s alt rock success.

normies couldnt handle the second across the sea verse

The second verse is what makes Pinkerton so great. Forget thinking music was better when John Lennon beat his wife. Music was better when Rivers was obsessed over asian pussy.

>Metal is heavy, also metal is sometimes weird and abrasive. Pinkerton is pretty weird and abrasive compared to the Blue album, so Pinkerton is one of the heaviest album of all time.

I always said their first couple records were metal albums. Say it Aint So or Tired of Sex check nearly every box.

its not just abrasive compared to blue, its abrasive compared to most music people were listening and had ever listened to. im saying that pinkerton resonates with people in the same way that a lot of the heaviest metal albums do and for that reason its one of the heaviest, not just because its heavier than blue

tired of sex could totally be a metal song. ive never heard anyone say that say it aint so is a metal song, but i can hear it now that i think about it

raditude slaps

it does tho, ever heard cant stop partying?

but is it as abrasive as YWGWYW

It wasn't as melodic or fun, basically. Everyone wanted/expected Blue album part 2. It's the same reason In Utero was initially underappreciated, but Nirvana was such a juggernaut that they could afford to challenge people's expectations at the time.