Is metallica the beatles of metal? you cant really dislike the band unless your a tryhard

is metallica the beatles of metal? you cant really dislike the band unless your a tryhard

Attached: fg.jpg (980x653, 70K)

Scaruffi llikes Metallica so no.

First three albums are magic. Rest is trash.

>you cant really dislike the band
Everything from Black album up to today is fucking shit. Black album was released in 1991. So that's 28 years of sucking cock for you. Yeah wow you can't really dislike a band that had three good albums in the 80s!!!11

First time I heard AJFA I thought my headphones were briken.

>you cant really dislike the band unless your a tryhard

Attached: 1564505408461.jpg (472x565, 26K)

imagine it's been 30 years since that pile of unlistenable fucking trash dropped and these fucking narcissists STILL THINK it's a properly recorded and well produced album.

thats what i mean they made timeless music that anyone from any background can appreciate

>babby's first metal

Metallica is just about the only band that actually benefits from being remastered.

Black Sabbath is probably a better fit

He probably hasn't heard of Black Sabbath.

And?

Sabbath didnt create a truly great album until sabbath bloody sabbath.

>if you like metallica it's because you haven't listened to enough extreme metal yet!

Attached: 1526952987630.jpg (645x773, 39K)

Get fucked. AJFA is great and the black album is good, not a masterpiece, but still pretty good. I agree on the rest, even if I like Load and Reload.

Nah I'd wager iron maiden are the beatles of metal, every heavy, melodeath, power band copies their melodies to this day
No one really copies metallica or black sabbath unless they play a very specific brand of doom or thrash

Nope

All Nightmare Long is a good song

Hardwired is a good album, or at least it has an album worth of good music.

Metallica are obviously a key metal band, but as someone else already pointed out, Iron Maiden are pretty much the key, defining, most influential metal band (regardless of Sabbath's founder status).

Also, I love Metallica now, but when I was a teenager and was more into punk, I honestly didn't like them for a long time. I really liked Motörhead, and to me Metallica basically sounded like tryhard kids that wanted to sound like Motörhead, but weren't the real thing and were lighter. To my teen punk ears, they didn't have the grit or believability of Motörhead or punk bands like Cro-Mags.

I don't hear it like that at all anymore. Hetfield still isn't my favorite vocalist, but Kill Em All is a serious contender for greatest thrash album, it has an awesome thrash intensity like Slayer, Anthrax, Kreator, Sodom, DRI, early Corrosion of Conformity, etc.

It really all depends because there are a bunch of different things that could mean

Just being the band everyone calls an influence, being the most successfull, or having a career that's similar, etc etc