German Music

Is there good modern music from Germany? I live in Germany but I never hear about anything interesting. There doesn't seem to be a big musical culture here, all music in public is mainstream pop (just listen to any radio station, it's all the same) or rap. I sometimes listen to stuff that's recommended on plattentests.de but that rarely impresses or interests me much. I really do like most of Kettcar and Tomte discography (don't care too much about Tocotronic), but that's about it concerning bands from Germany that I like.

So, do you know good bands or albums from this century? Can be either german or english language. I just want to have a better grasp of what is going on here musically.

Attached: germany.png (1920x1152, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4vrohVkvaE0
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ7X5ND5Rp0
youtu.be/tF_gqK2yNMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8mebKecxlPI
youtube.com/watch?v=my9LM3K9K5c&list=PLMjVHM4lWVzx9UdB9C3tkt4ChBAESdvXP
youtube.com/watch?v=HWjIhe4fAGA
youtu.be/rCctgKElZ0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

American cultural hegemony has ruined music worldwide.

Not just music, sadly.

Attached: kadavar-rough-times.jpg (666x666, 90K)

uwe schmidt, mouse on mars, oval, akufen,

Wolfgang Petry and Böhse Onkelz (for real)

those are all over 15 years old now you know

Don't worry user, China's beginning to overturn that hegemony.

It's gonna be hilarious when all the major film studios start relocating to China.

It's not modern at all but I've been very much into Malaria lately
youtube.com/watch?v=4vrohVkvaE0

I can only help you with neofolk and good rap.

Why is every modern german psychedelic band playing shitty heavy psych or stoner rock.

This one’s pretty good, but besides this I don’t really think there is any good modern german music.
Even indie music in Germany is fucking trash.

Attached: 011CFF83-8432-432F-809B-AC03710F40A4.jpg (1024x926, 84K)

Music by Der Graf is awesome.
I haven't heard anything (from Gothic genre) more sincere and full of heart and soul put into it.

Attached: image.jpg (640x800, 37K)

Käptn Peng und die Tentakel von Delphi

Could you recommend albums by him?

no german youth listens to schlager and kanaken listen to kanaken rap that's it.

only his old stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ7X5ND5Rp0
I really dig this album, funny they started as a metallica cover band.

What in particular? Unheilig?

Pic related

Attached: 4015887000810.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Unheilig was great till Puppenspiel.

Ok, Ill start with that then, what other things you recommend? I like the album Elodia by Lacrimosa a lot too.

dogshit

Marius Tilly is pretty rad
youtu.be/tF_gqK2yNMQ

Attached: 8a6c3bbba8865aaedddd29e5545f5776fd62a67375181184e04e7ada610b8e3c.png (1564x1415, 1.15M)

125 rue montmatre is some pretty good obscure emo

Guten tag auf weiderheisen gunter gleben glaben globan Hitler

youtube.com/watch?v=8mebKecxlPI

Attached: 11437199_t.gif (200x100, 71K)

Gas is still actively making music
Also check out Jan Jelinek and all of his other pseudonyms
Bohren & der club of gore
Pan Sonic
Also I've heard that the minecraft soundtrack was made by a german so there's that

Attached: 220px-Gas_pop_cover.png (220x215, 124K)

Finch asozial

Seconding Kadavar. Samsara Blues Experiment comes to mind as well. Long Distance Calling perhaps? Popol Vuh is a nice throwback, too

If you don't mind metal, there's lots of great stuff: The Ocean, Empyrium, Ahab, The Ruins of Beverast, Firtan, Nocte Obducta, Bethlehem, Obscura, Falkenbach... (Trying to leave out overly mainstream stuff like Kreator, Accept, Blind Guardian or Powerwolf)

Frittenbude, Peter Fox

*sip*
The only person I ever heard lose a favourable word about Peter Fox is my almost 70 year old uncle, boomer of boomers.

If you're curious about stoner rock you should check out Colour Haze, i literally cried while listening to some of their music for the first time.

Attached: colourhaze_00.jpg (1100x500, 342K)

Hell yes

Attached: Xi laser eyes.jpg (769x435, 59K)

youtube.com/watch?v=my9LM3K9K5c&list=PLMjVHM4lWVzx9UdB9C3tkt4ChBAESdvXP

Can anyone recommend me bands with good German lyrics? The kind that's deep that you can connect to and stuff. Can also be humurous lyrics. Preferably something more indie/rock/pop than rap/edm.

ABFAHRT

van holzen maybe?
it aint too deep tho

That would be Kettcar, fits your description perfectly. Choose any album really, they're all equally great imo (Ich vs. Wir is different as it is a lot more polticial)

Wir sind Helden, Jupiter Jones, Wanda

youtube.com/watch?v=HWjIhe4fAGA

Camel Driver
youtu.be/rCctgKElZ0A

>Wanda

Attached: 1556672579877.jpg (276x274, 20K)