How can somebody who makes such bland pop music have such great taste?

How can somebody who makes such bland pop music have such great taste?

Attached: Hayley Williams Banshees.jpg (681x1024, 61K)

ayo who this fifth element lookin ass lmao! worldstar!!!

>liking older bland pop music means you have great taste

The Banshees were like chameleons. They sounded different on every album, from punk to post-punk to minimal synth to psychedelic rock to symphonic rock to dance pop. You can call them a lot of things, but they were never bland.

I hate leftists more than I hate politics. So cringey.

You don't like music if you don't enjoy at least one Banshees record. For me, it's Tinderbox.

>from pop to pop to pop to pop to pop to pop
Cool.

>pop = popular

Attached: 1562856773996.png (742x742, 326K)

> he hasn't listened to Juju
Siouxsie and the Banshees are one of the flat out most underrated bands in rock history.

Embarrassing comment.

Also, Paramore is apparently fans of Failure and has covered them before. They still suck, but at least they have decent taste.

>seven minute song about voodoo dolls and demon possession that ends in a cacophony of noise is a pop song
Listen to Juju.

haha shut up you sixth grader

>best song on Riot! is Fences
>best song on BNE is Misguided Ghost
>best song on S/T is Future
>best song on AF is 26

Is there a band that more consistently stands out when they move away from their bread and butter and do things a little differently?

Half of your favorite indie bands were influenced by the Banshees, even your precious Radiohead. They were a legendary band who doesn't get enough respect.

They might be the single most underrated band of all time. It's fucking unreal how many artists they influenced, most of which became way more popular than them, and nobody ever gives them credit.

We can literally blame the Banshees for Thom Yorke's live performances.

>he don't like thing i like so he must like radiohead
where dis this meme start?

Honestly, I just took a shot in the dark because Radiohead are popular and Thom said she was his biggest influence or something.

Thom digs the Banshees but Bjork is his waifu. Unravel is his favorite song.

Yeah, but he claimed that seeing the Banshees in '85 is what inspired him to become a musician in the first place.

Can confirm.

Attached: 04ejnu5xjsn01.jpg (899x1077, 115K)

the first two records blow

Paramore is pretty lame, although they've improved somewhat from the christian scenecore garbage of their first records.

I can understand why somebody would dislike Join Hands, but The Scream is literally one of the greatest post-punk albums of all time and it's easily in my top 3 Banshees albums.

Pop rock is not "scenecore".

>Williams cites artists such as Saves the Day, MewithoutYou, Radiohead, Slick Shoes, The Chariot, Now, Now, No Doubt, Fireworks, Set Your Goals, Tegan and Sara, New Found Glory, H2O, Lemuria and The Swellers as her favorite bands.[8] She has noted her admiration for such female singers as Debbie Harry, Siouxsie Sioux, Gwen Stefani, Beyoncé and The Distillers.[79]

Yeah dude so patrician
Aside from like 3 of these it's shitty pop

>shitty pop
Have you listened to the complete discographies of all those artists?

I can tell you a lot of it is pop punk which I have 0 interest in, or No Doubt/Gwen Stefani and Beyonce who I've heard enough hits to know I dislike.

Join Hands is a fantastic album marred by one really weak track that takes up most of the B-side.

Let's try this again:
Have you listened to the complete discographies of all those artists, yes or no?

bait

Siouxsie & The Banshees' discography is a pretty wild ride. They were like the Beatles of post-punk, constantly reinventing themselves.

no and I never will because I'm not a 12 year old mall frequenter in the midwest, I've heard enough to know it's not for me.

Pop Punk is trash my dude.

Yeah they're good

Attached: 1512875654831.webm (1080x1920, 2.91M)

Aside from The Lord's Prayer I actually prefer Join Hands.

Join Hands is great. It's too bad it ends with such a weak song.

>NO YOU CAN'T JUST OWN GUNS!

Attached: 67030557_511170196354251_1660739587969024227_n.jpg (500x625, 79K)