Death metal is pathetic

I love metal and I'm a big fan of the genre since I was 12, of almost every kind and subgenre. but particularly death metal is absolute shit. there's no logic in singing like a crushed dying dog. you just can't understand a single word that motherfucker is singing! the instrumental: beautiful and amazing! the vocal ruins it to the point of becoming unlistenable garbage.

Attached: 0010273755_10.jpg (1200x1200, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Onions

harsh vocals are enjoyable to listen to
fite me

>every genre of metal
>don't like death growls
>every other genre of metal with harsh vocals is okay

Attached: 1545020927290.jpg (384x384, 29K)

Hello OP

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

>those posters
>dream theater
this has to be fake

Death metal > black metal, but death metal lost the purpose after the initial scene....once it became a contest of brutality or technicality instead of cartoonishly trying to paint hellish pictures through music it became shit...those are my feelings anyway. And the culmination of that today is bands who obviously come from death metal roots but use it to express something totally different or super serious, like Opeth or Behemoth. Like idk, seems the whole genre lost the plot and the growling especially seems so used out of context with a lot of shit these days just because it's what metal bands are "supposed" to do.

Lord Worm's insane screaming is perfectly fitting for the music on None So Vile

Attached: meal.jpg (1428x768, 173K)

*ahem*
Intenacious, intersecting
Reaving fats from corporal griskin
Culled...for sodden gelatine brayed
Skeletal groats triturated, desinently
Exsiccated, sere glutenate brewed
For frivolous solvent abuse...

Attached: c.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Death Metal is pointless in general, Black always did everything better

Based. OP is a soi tourist numale who was a victim of the pleb filter

always nice to remember there is always a bigger tourist than me

I love the narrative that all the extreme metal kiddies of /metal/ are the non tourists even though they'll all grow out of metal, get haircuts, and switch to indie rock by the time they're 25 when they get their first gf, meanwhile they still haven't listened to every Sabbath album and likely don't physically own a single metal album.

If you don't like Bolt Thrower you're gay and you can miss me with your existence.

Attached: 1501333529427.jpg (505x656, 117K)

Cope harder

It was good before 2000, after that it became tryhard garbage, the mid 90s were the peak. Black Metal died around the same time too

>I love the narrative that all the extreme metal kiddies of /metal/ are the non tourists even though they'll all grow out of metal, get haircuts, and switch to indie rock by the time they're 25 when they get their first gf, meanwhile they still haven't listened to every Sabbath album and likely don't physically own a single metal album.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Uh huh. Keep listening to meme albums, I've been listening to metal since I was 12. Accept > Burzum, why don't you cope with the fact that you're a poseur. If you ever went to a show I bet you just stand with arms crossed and wouldn't even be able to engage in conversation with anybody with knowledge.

t. Someone who doesnt know what tourist means

A tourist is someone who only visits a genre by listening to surface level shit without actually understanding the history of said genre.

It doesn't matter if you do this by listening to Slipknot and Disturbed or whatever is popular on Yea Forums's shitty metal general thread, if you don't know metal you don't know metal.

>I love the narrative that all the extreme metal kiddies of /metal/ are the non tourists even though they'll all grow out of metal, get haircuts, and switch to indie rock by the time they're 25 when they get their first gf, meanwhile they still haven't listened to every Sabbath album and likely don't physically own a single metal album.

Attached: 1548876333998.jpg (435x690, 62K)

>Death metal > black metal, but death metal lost the purpose after the initial scene....once it became a contest of brutality or technicality instead of cartoonishly trying to paint hellish pictures through music it became shit...those are my feelings anyway. And the culmination of that today is bands who obviously come from death metal roots but use it to express something totally different or super serious, like Opeth or Behemoth. Like idk, seems the whole genre lost the plot and the growling especially seems so used out of context with a lot of shit these days just because it's what metal bands are "supposed" to do.

Attached: wojacksoyboy.png (572x693, 10K)

Death is the best meal band ever though, and they invented Death Metal, you have to be retarded if you don't like classic shit like them or Morbid Angel

Black metal fans will never be alpha male, sorry. Your kind don't drink beers or fuck girls.

Attached: accept.jpg (682x579, 125K)

Is this a parody?

Abominable Putridity= "brutal death grindcore"

Cool assumptions.

Death metal is great. It's not the glory days of the genre but the thread was never completely lost. Every year bands here and there put out albums that keep the genre alive even though shitty derivatives like deathcore maintain far higher popularity.

Attached: fb00a08e51f0d9ed096757c60f536db2.jpg (1500x1500, 852K)

>loved metal since you were twelve
Sounds about right

>Behemoth
>trying to express something serious
lol