Tell me your detailed opinion about this album

tell me your detailed opinion about this album

Attached: GettyImages_157470788.jpg (1400x1400, 253K)

its good

It's pure novelty and has no value as an actual piece of music for listening.

zoomer garbage

Hehe pepee popoo poop ass hehe

DOO dudOO DUT-DOO -- danaNA, danaNA

its good

-I like it. I first heard "Ant Man Bee" on some fileshare like 18 years ago and then a college roommate had the CD. I had a 64kbps shitty version ripped, and liked having it available for about a decade (enough to listen a few times and know the basic memes) but I never fully INTERNALIZED the album. I deleted all my old college roommate CD rips some years ago so I don't have that particular fileset handy anymore.

-"th' dust blows forward and th' dust blows back" reminds me of nonsense prose experiments that I was composing before I heard the album.

-I don't think I cared for Pena (too tinny) but the roommate just laughed it off.

-the phrase "that's right, The Mascara Snake™" reminds me of Space Ghost banalities.

-I have done an autistic practice for almost two years now: I sometimes check local shops for a CD copy. I saw one used one, ONCE, for 5bux but it was just a little too beat up for my taste. I checked back two days later and it was gone. Part of this ritual is that I don't special order the thing. I will just wait until it's actually on the shelf in some store in decent shape and then I'll grab it. The 50bux deluxe vinyl is ridiculous. Maybe I'll cave on that special order. We're out here recording a bush, it's a bush recording. The name of the composition is Neon Meate Dream of a Octafishe... no it's Hair Pie.

A musical shitpost. Layers and layers of ironic trash. After three brutal and laborious listens, I don't know if this is supposed to click, but frankly at this point, I don't want it to. What purpose does this music serve? Who is it for and what does it accomplish? To me, it's the sonic equivalent of smearing shit on a wall in defense of the philosophical position that "you can." Congratulations. You are free to create garbage. And your listeners are free play in it. Congrats Beefcake. Congrats.

-captain beefheart sounds like a smelly drugged-out hobo rambling to himself about nonsense.
-the spoken words bits are annoying.
-the album drags. a lot.
-i don't understand how i like the residents but this album still blows in my eyes

>-I have done an autistic practice for almost two years now: I sometimes check local shops for a CD copy. I saw one used one, ONCE, for 5bux but it was just a little too beat up for my taste. I checked back two days later and it was gone. Part of this ritual is that I don't special order the thing. I will just wait until it's actually on the shelf in some store in decent shape and then I'll grab it. The 50bux deluxe vinyl is ridiculous. Maybe I'll cave on that special order. We're out here recording a bush, it's a bush recording. The name of the composition is Neon Meate Dream of a Octafishe... no it's Hair Pie.

Best laugh I've gotten in a while. Thanks user.

this album is bad but not as bad as any death shits album

it's really funny

never heard it and i have every Frank Zappa album there is

sounds good,catchy,fun
thats it

I've listened to it once but it's not really enjoyable. I understand the appeal mostly comes from what it represents in terms of musical experimentation and development at the time but that doesn't actually make it listenable.

This album is historically important for being one of the few "Rock" albums that actually went out of the Pop realm of musical possibilites and into Contemporary classical music such as Ligeti, Stockhausen and Boulez for example. A few other albums like Faust Debut and Metal Machine Music have also went outside of commercial music, but not as bold and intense as this album did.

Musically and subjectively, I think it is amazingly hilariously and catchy. Some of the songs are surprisingly groovy when you focus on one part of the instrumentation.

Most songs and performance are extremely focused and really precise. And that is the beauty of the album: At first glance, it sounds like a mess, and then after a couple of listens, you realize how tight every music passages is for every instrument.

The mix is subpar sadly. Zappa didn't wanted to touch anything on the album, as he wanted to give full creative control to Don.

i wouldn't consider metal machine music to be rock or influential to rock very much at all. also you can't seriously be implying that those three albums are the only time rock got avant garde.

also avant-garde and complex =/ contemporary classical

As an artistic experiment it's about as good as it gets. As a piece of entertainment (which it is not) it fails for most people because it really was only ever made by Van Vliet for himself - which I seriously respect. That said I like the offkilter, surreal, almost scary feeling the album has in its seemingly complete disregard for coherence. To me though it does probe at something in how it so perfectly captures and transcends the cliche of the obsessive, half-crazy artist locking himself away and coming back with work that is so totally removed from convention it becomes kind of alien and that's not fucking easy to do. That supposedly none of it is accidental is absolutely mind blowing to me, this is what Vliet heard in his head and what he wanted to make, this fucking nightmare, and he did it. I couldn't respect that more.

Metal Machine Music was an example that came out quickly. It was maybe not influential but it was still trying to go out of "pop musical possibilities". Also coming from a singer-songwriter, it was a pretty bold statement.

Also, even if Contemporary classical does not necessarily equal avant-garde and complex, I understand your point, but a lot of people in academic studies love Trout Mask Replica with its immense complexity. It has a lot in common with Contemporary classical music, such as Luciano Berio's Sinfonia.

DACHAU BLUUUES, THOSE POOR JEWS

basically, I can't unironically consume this as i would normal music.

Can't enjoy it.

based f*ntano

>As a piece of entertainment (which it is not) it fails
are you sure?

i do the same thing as well for a vinyl of Eugene McDaniel’s Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse. i must have the satisfaction of digging for it.

literally the most touristcore album of all time, which is actually kind of ironic considering that the majority of people decrying tourists are people who have heard nothing by Beefheart except TMR
that said, it has artistic merit, and if I'm in a whimsical mood, it can be pretty fun

The bush recording section of Hair Pie satisfies me in a way that I want more of it, but it couldn't be recreated or extended without losing the magic. Dachau Blues and Moonlight on Vermont are tunes I wouldn't skip if they came on randomly.

If you go by the actual definition of “based” (as opposed to the stupid “based = good, cringe = bad” dichotomy that Yea Forums cant seem to get over), then it is probably one of the most based albums of all time regardless of quality. Don made it strictly because he felt like it and didn’t give a shit about what what his band or Zappa or the record-buying public thought of it. He knew it would never sell and didn’t care. He wanted to record these retarded sounds and he brainwashed and abused a bunch of kids into helping him realize the project. Don was the ultimate manchild chad and he had a cute wife to prove it.

Attached: 76968E71-FF2C-483F-B43E-A36AC681C2C5.jpg (600x486, 54K)

I really love it, genuinely. I think it's such a real and authentic artistic statement by Captain Beefheart.
It's got groove and soul, but at the same time is so off the rails and wacky. I understand why someone wouldn't like this album. Most people aren't as drawn to strange vocals like I am. But that's fine.

Even if you don't like TMR though, I really recommend listening to Safe as Milk and Clear Spot. Both are just good ol' beefheart-stained blues rock.

spoken word bits suck but overall a great album

The melodies suck ass. No harmonies. Pretty bad vocals in general.

Great instrumental parts and really inventive. It's all kinda one feeling though. Unemotional psychotic guy. No range of feeling in the ideas.

super fun, interesting and catchy
somehow stays fresh all the way through
spoken word bits are a great breather and have some of the best lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Light floats down day river
On a red raft of blood
Night blocks out the heaven
Like a big, black, shiny bug
Its hard soft shell shining
White, in one spot, well
It's hard place, that I'm living but I'm doin' well, well

[Verse 4]
Thick, black felt birds, are flying
With capes of solid chrome
With feathers of solid chrome
And beaks of solid bone
And bleached the air around them
White and cold well, well

It's a meme pretentious children fall for. If you listen to this and genuinely like it you are either mentally challenged or a psychopath. It's shit.

when they check for autism in children they give them a cookie and a carrot and tell them they prefer carrots and would like one
if the child has properly developed empathy, they will understand and give the carrot
if not, they will scream "NOOO HOW COULD YOU PREFER THE CARROT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU PSYCHOPATH"

you just failed the autistic child test user

I'm an ENTP and I enjoy this album so guess I'm a psycho!

You are larping to be a psychologist and call me the autist? Enjoy your polyrhythms (that are really just people playing random shit)

>how could you enjoy something i dont whats wrong with you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its one of the best and most important albums ever recorded.

its not that hard to get, i dont know it offends the sensibilities of people so much. people like this are worse than the people they are trying to mock.

it just got more popular than it should have so people who've listened to 10 mucore albums and no jazz or avant-garde at all hear it and think it's just random noise
it's kind of like people hating on evangelion because it's the first arthouse they've seen in their lives

Meme album that you shouldn't listen to