I've decided to spend the rest of my days larping as a goth/emo/scene kid

I'm a zoomer who's decided to spend the rest of my days larping as a goth/emo/scene kid. I need to know what to listen to to do this properly. Currently on my list:
>My Chemical Romance
>Mindless Self Indulgence
>Evanescene
>Black Veil Brides
>Green Day
>Avril Lavigne
What other bands should I listen to? They don't have to strictly be goth/emo/scene, 90s/2000s pop punk also works. Throwback groups like wristmeetrazor or 100 gecs are also okay. Original goth and emo music (stuff like Bauhaus or American Football or whatever) is alright, but not the main point of this thread
>dude, don't do it
Sorry, my mind is already made up. Don't shit up the thread trying to tell me how to live my life, just tell me what to listen to

Attached: spork.jpg (526x720, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YkSki1qbLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Taking Back Sunday, Paramore, Panic at the disco

also, can i fuck you OP? preferably after you dress up like pic related?

These zoomers will never know the golden age of emo traps from 2007-2012 when they were still a fairly underground phenomenon and didn't have billions of chasers on their tail
Ahhhh *sip* those were the times

Man, I had the best faps then.

It was good times.

holy based

Bad news, while this decision is final I'm still in my early stages. I don't have the fashion, I'm also not skinny or pale enough

getting skinny is easy lol

just pick up meth
>bonus: it makes music sound much better

I believe in you OP. Im currently rocking 7 piercings in and around my face, wear my hair over one eye, and weigh 115 pounds. And I gotta say, I've never been happier

>popping in black ops 1 sipping on an AMP energy, listening to those dubstep emo videos on youtube. no political correctness, no clown world..

yep, they really were the days... it really was like an 80s revival in a way, the fashion, the attitude, people just partying and having fun. I want to go back...

Attached: F467175F-5BC8-4D94-B03C-63779D6F7AB8-1371-000004EBC21F9646.jpg (779x899, 161K)

I’m still surprised this subculture hasn’t died yet.

It did die. It’s been dead for a while. Have you been living under a rock?

You what I do sometimes to get a powerful dose of pure nostalgia straight into my veins?
Watch one of those 2007-2010 pickup artist vids on youtube. I was heavily into lifting and looks maxxing back then.
When I watch an old pickup artist vid, the air around me changes, it's like I'm suddenly back home.

Me too

american football - american football
also you don't larp as emo, you be the emo

god I wish I was one of them

Some good discussion, but please recommend more bands

Pierce the Veil?

Thank you

OG Scene kids existed from slightly before to just the beginning of nostalgia obsession taking over. So they really didn't listen to much if any music pre 2002.

They listened to deathcore/metalcore (the 2nd wave)/crunkcore/dubstep/pop punk/ and pop music from the mid to late 2000's and that was about it.

As far as bands, I didn't listen to much of this when it was popular but I remember it:

Chiodos, Cobra Starship, isetmyfriendsonfire, Dropdead Gorgeous, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Attack Attack, A Day To Remember, Motionless In White, I Wrestled A Bear Once, The Story So Far, The Devil Wears Prada, Job For A Cowboy, Owl City, Suicide Silence, ect, ect, youtube is your friend.

They for sure didn't listen to any goth music and funny enough tended to hate 90's screamo/80's emo (the original), which I was into.

>throwback groups
>100 gecs
Lmao you're wayyyy off there. First thing you need to know is don't talk out of your ass. Kid just learn the basics and don't force yourself to like anything. Even if you're stuck listening to the same handful of albums. Trust me you'll be happy with these albums. Watch some interviews from your favorite artists and see what they like. If you truly love an artist or album then you'd be actively trying yo learn everything you can from that artist/album from podcasts/interviews/books. Remember though, you don't have to like what they like.

Hopefully your ears just have that special moment when they understand, acknowledge, and truly hear what they are listening to.

It died firmly sometime towards the end of 2011. Nobody really talked about it much but all the scene kids cut their hair, took out their snake bites, and started getting into trap, metal, or hardcore.

100gecs are a throwback to scenecore, which is obviously what OP is talking about

Woah, this is really helpful! Thank you!
lol I haven't even heard 100 gecs, I just saw someone else on Yea Forums describe them as an early 2000s scene throwback and assumed that person was right

Uffie

I always remember the name Dropping a Popped Locket for some reason.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

No problem.
Just remembered a few more:

Silverstein, Nickasaur, Texas In July, Dr. Acula, Escape The Fate, Falling In Reverse, We Came As Romans, We The Kings, Fall Out Boy, Saosin.

Bayside
Story of the year
Thursday
AFI
Norma jean
The chariot
From autumn to ashes
Dance gavin dance
Secret lives of the freemasons
Evergreen terrace
From first to last

All the scene kids I knew were way into Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine, P!ATD, and shit like that. I graduated high school in 2012, though, so we were towards the tail end. And it was a small town.

1. Get arrested
2. Have no money for bail
3, Stay their till I let you out

op is probably trying to groom minors

>goth/emo/scene
pick one you cunt

Someone's gotta take care of Epstein's orphans.

I did this too OP, im only a zoomer but I larp as a goth/industrial. I listen to actual good music like The Sister Of Mercy and Front 242 though.

Good luck with your myspace emo faggotry though

Attached: goths.jpg (770x437, 89K)

based

I'd still clap them cheeks

I'm being serious when I'm saying, literally smartphones caused this. We cannot go back. It is too late for the public.

Very sad

same

>weigh 115 pounds
post pic

oh fuck off with this myopic nostalgia horseshit. Just because you blew your adult life doesn't mean the late 2000's and early 2010's when you were a teenager was some idyllic perfect age. The present sucks, the scene era sucked, and so has pretty much every period of human history. It only looks appealing now because of your distance from it.

Don't do this, go for weirdo aesthetics instead because you're not limiting yourself to trash music, and you can wear hot clothing.
I'd still fuck you even if you were chunky user. I'd even give you a reach around. And when we're done, we can listen to some actually good music.

you kind of can't have scene kids without myspace.
>the bulletins
>the bathroom selfies
>the myspace playlist
>gifs
>top friends section
>the crappy local bands and their myspace pages

if myspace came back, you'd see a nostalgia wave for this era, 2004-2009.

gorillaz

ive legit seen a fuckton of people like this around brooklyn. its weird, almost like nuscene or something. i saw it coming from a million miles away tho, anything that had any semblance of a culture hipsters will latch on to it lmao

look up twenty nine scene, its def becoming a thing. give it a few more years and itll be a full blown trend, right now its just at the fringes

So I’ll be at the forefront if I start now?

yea, get slowly started rn but i dont think youll be "cool"if you do it right now. youre gonna have to really push the irony factor of it all for anyone to look at you and not immediately start dying laughing. once you see even a little bit of traction of the style ramp it up and immediately try to find likeminded people to rock it with, if you have a group it adds soooo much to the authenticity of it all

ive deadass been rocking a tomagachi and kids from the fashion school compliment me all the time on it. "normal" people will always look at you weird but the cool ones will find it dope since the 21st century is so heavily engulfed in layers of irony

ah and also, confidence is key. its insane how ive seen people wearing some of the most dogshit clothes i have EVER seen look dope in it just because they were confident as fuck and thought they looked good. if you think you look good, that will start to exude from you and others will think it too. unless its the most autistic thing ever in which case idk what to tell ya

>goth/emo/scene kid
Don't confuse them, goth actually had good music.

Bullet for my valentine
Senses Fail
ALESANA
Hawthorne Heights
Saosin
Story of the year
The red jumpsuit apparatus

How could I forget the Used

Nah it was pretty great. Skateboarding and running around outside all day with my friends, then going to shows on the weekends. Shit was cash. I remember first seeing a day to remember at this tiny venue that closed down years ago before they blew up. Didnt have a care in the world

Kek. twenty nine scene meme is getting out of hand. I should probably gather my old bandmates and start scene era Steel Panther kind of band.

I wish I had any musical talent, I'd really like to do that but I can't even read notes, let alone play a real instrument

dude the whole emo/metalcore thing is dead.

wanna go in that scene?
Pickup a fucking 7 string guitar and a kemper or some shit and record your chugging 0-1-0-1 riffs.

Metalcore emos became djent kids.
The difference is that djent kids usually at least understand how an instrument works and some are even recording their own horrible music. a small percentage of djent kids are actually gearnerds and understand stuff bout mixing and mastering.

If you already wanna join a scene atleast join one that has potential growth to it and support it by producing your own stuff and trying to define the scene.
Don't just go all scene just for the looks its about the gayest shit anyone could ever do

Djent stuff is pretty much dead too.
The whole metalcore thing probably ended up around 2015. The genre feels like a nu metal in 2009 now. Probably a few more years have to pass before it will go completely underground and become good again.
>Metalcore emos became djent kids.
Most became normies. Some got into hardcore scene (and became normies afterwards). A lot of guitar playing ones got into djent indeed. A small fraction got into scramz (probably the comfiest place to be if you're still emo deep inside)
You don't have to read shit. And don't even need a talent to play this kind of music. Being mediocre guitarist is more than enough really.

How does a job for a cowboy fit in to that list?

PARAMORE

Come on. Every br00tal kid had this song on his myspace in 2007.
youtube.com/watch?v=9YkSki1qbLA

smartphones should be illegal

...thats literally what i do now (except with college attached). stop acting like those were some unique days that same shit happens now too lmao

>80's emo
stop making shit up larper

thats what i was thinking

>...thats literally what i do now (except with college attached). stop acting like those were some unique days that same shit happens now too lmao
It happens to you, but it doesn't happens to 30 y.o. boomers anymore. That's where all of the nostalgia's coming from.
10 years from now you'll probably remember this time and think of it as some kind of unique days that were free of adult responsibilities, wagecucking and all kinds of shit that comes with age.

What did he post???

you are not goth
You are not emo
You are a scene poser

This

and more so, you're worse than an art hoe
neck yourself

>Don't shit up the thread trying to tell me how to live my life
>just tell me what to listen to

Just some vanilla shit about masturbating to emo cross dressers back in the day.

I don't think it's a time specific thing.
I'm 18 so I still have this.
Yesterday I had an anime night with friend, we watched some anime, some hentai, we took sake shots, then we did some karaoke, headbanged to metal, I showed some lolis dancing to friends, we were imitating them and all looked like retarded weebs (which we are). Then we just walked outside together and talked, it ended at 3:30, then I went home with two of them, we took my longboard and just went outside, talked and made some edgy jokes, we found a shopping cart and ran around with one of us in then.
Then both slept at mine.
I know this won't last, so I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

Sounds gay as fuck, also kind of fun tho

bring me the horizon

Poser

Listen pal it wasn't a good look then and it sure as fuck isn't now

Yes you're still a child

>Come on. Every br00tal kid had this song on his myspace in 2007.
can confirm this. it either be this or chiodos- no hardcore dancing in the living room
dont know if theyve been mentioned already but underoath, if OP is trying to go the more christian wholesome scenester route.