What was your biggest letdown of 2019?

what was your biggest letdown of 2019?

Attached: toolfearinoculumcovernew[1].jpg (608x317, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megaupload.us/drive/s/YD4rAi0G6axWsc9XtNUqVtYYiJ11XL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread.

The whole year was a letdown

Go back to raping little boys and quit shilling this piece of shit, Maynard

I wasn't expecting much from Tool, so the new album sounds nice to me. Ya'll hyped it up till it couldn't reach your expectations. Ya'll are a bunch of circlejerk fags.

fuck this thread.

biggest ups of 2019 now.

this album hit just right.

Attached: a2609179946_10.jpg (1200x1200, 322K)

Anyone who expected Tool to sound good (regardless of how much time passed since their last album) is a total faggot

is this one guy spamming this what a life how shameful

get a fucking job

Maybe someone should give that user your job.

Attached: maynardinsight.png (520x208, 19K)

>biggest letdown of 2019
>HURR STOP SHILLING
nigger what

Still love him ofc.

Attached: cover.jpg (1500x1500, 193K)

am I crazy for thinking this is on par with the other Tool albums?

No, that's the general consensus

Who do you think you're bullshitting, the consensus is it's empty and boring and among their worst

Has the album sunken in enough for you for the tracks from 3 onward not all to sound samey anymore? If so, after how many listens? Or are they objectively samey and in dire need of some additional production to become better?

certainly not the month of August for rock. we got Tool and a top tier Gizzard album.

not at all

for me it was the second listen where i went "oh god damn this is good shit" and its only gotten better with successive listens.

it gets worse with each playthrough. it becomes more obvious how incomplete it feels, thr vocals rushed and too little and no variety at all but not consistent in a good way; it's too much of the same shit and the songs go on forever. at 6 plays, i am struggling to care at all. it kinda just sucks.

5/10 at best

Where do you get the idea of what the consensus is? Only measurement I can think of is RYM and it's right in line with the rest of their discography, aside from their two big love-this-or-you're-a-pleb albums which are higher than their others three.

Hello Mr. Executive Shill Marketing Man

>Only measurement I can think of is RYM and it's right in line with the rest of their discography
hmmm

Attached: rym_tool_singles.png (614x627, 64K)

this shill shit needs to stop. Yea Forums is way too inconsequential for anyone to pay for shills here.

you're deluding yourself. i have friends in a&r and ppl pay for rym/mu packages. especially if you're worried about not being cool for the nerds and you need the extra push here. it has a broader effect than you realize. but you're probably a gaslighting shill trying to downplay it

proof?

there's been fucking /vg/ generals where the devs have responded regularly to the thread

not an entire board, a single fucking thread

Yea Forums is like the 10th largest english language forum and pretty much the only one where you can shill effectively because it's anonymous and the mods don't exist

if you aren't spending the five bux needed to pay ten indians to shill on Yea Forums you're objectively losing out

I can prove you're a gaslighting shill, yes. Go look in the mirror, there's your proof

so no. okay.

Yep. 2018 and 2017 were way better.

i'm not giving you fucking documentation that would then tell you who's who and what record label, you stupid asshole. nothing would satisfy you anyway.

baroness and russian circles, just stale.

>what was your biggest letdown of 2019?
seeing your mom's nudes

You propably gave the Gizzard album a 9 you pleb, put any of the FI songs on their album and you would be worshiping and calling that song the best on the album.

i've still not got to listen to it.
i looked everywhere for it

>comparing vidya to music
You do realize the best selling game of all time only made it because of Yea Forums, right? Meanwhile the most Yea Forums has ever gotten iirc is that faggot Deadmau5 hyping his bullshit

I'll mega it for you now
Hold tight.

No year is a letdown when you constantly search instead of waiting for the usual suspects to do what you think they ought to do.
We are divine sparks trapped in this flesh fuck drumpf buy my wine two steps back the USA did it open space Danny astrally projected into the pyramids of Giza take your cds and burn 'em cyclical cataclysmic rejuvenation of Earth CIA Gateway
I don't know it has been so far a good year for me in terms of content to look forward to.

it's not even out yet

megaupload.us/drive/s/YD4rAi0G6axWsc9XtNUqVtYYiJ11XL

Attached: this.jpg (307x324, 27K)

>megaupload
Hello traveller from 2011

based user

Attached: 7481577.jpg (750x750, 322K)

You know, normally, I am a fan of Claes Rosen's older works, but I really just don't care for his generic sounding house songs nowadays that he's just been pumping out. I miss the retro soundscapes and such.

Another artist turning to shit. :c

Attached: claes.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

They should go full One More Light already
You know they want to

Attached: popknot.jpg (745x745, 59K)

209 has been the best year in music for me in years

Attached: Thank-You-Scientist-Terraformer-Cover.jpg (1500x1500, 823K)

It's not bad but nothing really stands out. Fear Inoculum is the best track by far but even then its not memerable

He's capable of so much more

Attached: MacDemarco_HereComesTheCowboy.jpg (320x320, 14K)

no, that's correct.

Fear Inoculum was my biggest let up!! i mean, i had no hope that it'd be any good, they are litally old men now (danny carey is 60) and have families and just lived the comfy life for the past 2 decades. havnt played music together or even really hung out as friends for 10 years, then threw the album together in just the past 2 years because people were sending death threats and shit. but holy fuck, it is actually atleast a 8.5+ and will only get better with more time. only dumbasses had high hopes for this album. luckily for them, it's actually really fucking great. only thing missing is maynard, but i think he has checked out of tool a long time

probably the new Bon Iver

it's still a decent album, but "decent" is a big step down for that project's standards.

My life

this