Why is guitar music still popular in japan but not the west mainly us?

why is guitar music still popular in japan but not the west mainly us?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

i dont care

because japan is 50 years behind the US culturally

Because Japanese are always 10 years behind the West in trends

this but somewhere between those 2

America is muttland now

There has been a coordinated psyops over the past 10 years or so to get people in the USA to stop listening to rock music. In regions where this is not taking place (Latin/South America, Eastern Europe, Japan and Southeast Asia etc.) rock is still as popular as ever.

Schizophrenic /pol/tard

i think it has something to do with the degradation of us culture due to the demographic shift desu
whites for the most part still enjoy rock

WOO HOO

Attached: gettyimages-85062875-612x612.jpg (612x399, 58K)

Why do you care about normiecharts that literally just track the radio play of songs mindlessly listened to by commuters who don't like music

Very little stadium rock was ever good anyways and bands like Oh Sees and King Gizzard dominate the indie scene

If you were browsing this board before and after MBDTF came out, you'd know it's true. It's a psyop.

rapping about money and fat booty hoes over trap beats is truly progressive and innovative

>culture has intelligible progression through time
gtfo hegel

>he's still in his "rap is crap" phase
18 and over

fuck off

Grow up weeb

Bro just listen to J Dilla and Madlib already
you're missing out

>because japan is 50 years ahead of the US culturally
Ftfy

Lol
Anigay was ripped off from America
Shitty pop is just US yacht rock/disco 10 years after America stopped listening to that
J rock is generic riffs and bad engrish
Jpop is cutesy saccharine shit for pedos based off US pop

i'm from le south america and this is not the case at all. go back to /pol/.

Because it's not full of niggers

Japanese improve everything they rip off, though. They turned faggy Disney girly shit into anime and shitty yuppie music into something soulful that still sounds fresh today like city pop.

this desu

City pop is no better than western disco or funk, listen to more music

They didn't improve rock. The Pillows are the best J-rock band and they'd be average tier in the West.

because awesome American underground guitar music is too heavy for the new snowflake gens and your political leaders want to keep it as far away from you as possible

Expect to hear about the self criticism principle, dunning kruger, schizos and liberals in this thread now

why can't political faggots go back to their board? get the fuck out queer

troof hurts faggot

everyone's sick of this shit man we just want to talk about music not your politics and conspiracy theories

I prefer the sound of Japanese vocals and melodies.

>Anigay was ripped off from America
Not true at all, and japanese rock/metal is pretty good

The typical anime art style was based off of disney cartoons.

didn’t mean to hurt your vagina snowflake. i hope you can rub it back to life better than you can run a scale up a guitar neck, faggot.

ok boomer

You sound like one of those people who turned 18 a couple of days ago and were waiting to use "18 and over xDd."
The majority of trap is utter shit, not rap. You're a faggot.

or not. the vagina pain will fade in time.

Why did I have to scroll this far to find the correct answer

Because japanese guitar music is good

Because the Japanese don't like black people simple as that.

Blacks (aka the babies of the US entertainment industy) don't like intricate music because they have a hard time following complex melodies. It's not "catchy" to them and they can't figure out how to dance to it.

And the Japanese don't like blacks.

Also they don't need numbing/hypnotic background noise like boolie eyelash songs because they already have anime to drop out of life with.

so epic bro xD

It's true. American pop culture is very, very africanized in a bad way because making things to the lowest common denominator makes money and african-americans are the lowest common denominator.

I don't know what you expected when you imported people west africa was freely giving away. if you take the dumbest, most violent black people the continent has to offer, and then treat them like shit, the result isn't smart, civilized, or good for your culture.

Meanwhile in the UK, resident blacks (except the fookin refugees) are smarter than the natives and create intricate beats that your average burger nigger wouldn't be able to bop his head to.

>blacks don't like intricate music

Attached: A-97545-1451489094-7952.jpeg.jpg (480x600, 50K)

they improved black metal and doom metal

It is. Everyone (except poorer blacks) listens to some guitar based music. Taylor Swift is guitar music.

no good rappers in japan

You guys know black people created Rock and even some of it's subgenres.

Blacks devolved when America got rid of segregation.
Pre-1965, they were in a situation where they were forced to either act as white as possible or be lynched, which is why jazz exists in the first place. (Jazz is an offshoot of classical)

all the good ones died for reaching into their pockets after being arrested for smelling like weed

F

>they improved black metal and doom metal
Mighty weebed statement. Even fucking Americans did more for those genres, and they didn't do much.

Wrong, listen to ging nang boyz

This comment is somehow simultaneously racist and pro black lives matter.

J-rock is too high IQ for tiny white brains

>help! where are the riffs dude!? i can't get stoned to this!!!
>where does the solo start? where does the solo end? duuuuude!

>he's still in his "rap is actually good, open your mind" phase

Yea Forums should be 25 and over. And paywalled.

Attached: orchid.png (492x503, 439K)

>anime
>city pop

Attached: 1563209158890.jpg (318x306, 38K)

Reddit

i like how you can just tell both these posters are white.

Attached: Tsumugi_Kotobuki_new_mughot.png (860x1040, 582K)

Absolutely fucking not. Japanese black metal was just brazilian black metal ripoff.
Try not talking about shit you know nothing about weeb.

japan only improved metalcore.

>The Pillows are the best J-rock band
Holy shit what a tourist

Japanese music is very mediocre.

99.9% of music is mediocre, bad even, but you feel obligated to find something to like about some of it as someone who "likes music".

japanese music gives you a break from this because now you can be one of those hip kids who hates japan in opposition to those stupid nerds who like it way too much.

Too far.

Attached: 1451635998275.jpg (511x428, 27K)

i dunno user, when they copied the ramones they just made it 6x louder and had fire shooting out of everything

Attached: guitarwolf.jpg (400x400, 45K)

the pillows don't even rate

I had a Jackson soloist. Then I got a Japanese ESP Horizon, and it's been a much better guitar. I've had similar experiences comparing charvel and ibanez, the Les Paul and the ESP Eclipse, MIA fender and fujigen Fender, etc.

They might not be better than average with the guitar music but they do definitely make better mass-produced guitars. What rolls off their assembly lines is on par with hand-made guitars from the west.

But at what cost? There's no such thing as a higher quality product for the same or less money if someone isn't getting screwed instead of the customer. Humans have limits. Their national average IQ isn't much better than the higher percentiles of american whites that staff high-end industry. For some things, slow, hard, careful work with exacting quality standards is the only way to achieve greatness, and making guitars is one of those.

Attached: salaryman.jpg (500x375, 33K)