Could psychedelia still be relevant nowadays? I mean, the poppier side of it, think The Beatles...

Could psychedelia still be relevant nowadays? I mean, the poppier side of it, think The Beatles, The Beach Boys and similar... every era seems to have had some sort of comeback of it, in underground movements, but what is its status nowadays?

Attached: shutterstock_734992102-1240x827.jpg (1240x827, 146K)

some popular hip hop music references it i think, not to mention all of the obscure music

Tame Impala status

Is this the droid you’re looking for?

Attached: A74C8A06-DE72-4BD0-A43E-A88C71AB77E5.jpg (2560x1493, 722K)

It will always be relevant.

...Did you just wake up from a 20 year coma or something?

no, now people do x and listen to EDM

it might be an mkultra thing honestly, I've been thinking of it too, I kinda want to start a psych band user

So psychedelia is dead

I'm thinking it's more of an issue relates to where I live (Italy). But maybe because we never really have had psychedelia here in the first place, so everything slightly psych-poppish is not quite "accepted" (unlike things like prog rock, which is a totally different realm in my opinion, and, unlike psychedelia, really lacks in creativity and songwriting now)

Sorry, just ranting a bit, lol

It's all I listen to. Lots of great stuff still coming out.

zommers wanna kys themselves and crime rates are increasing so probs

Literally all the big rock bands are psych revival right now what are you smoking

Zoomers/millenials are too pussy to use real psychedelics so they use computer effects instead. Psych has been dead since 60's anyway.

>Tame Impala
>King Gizzard
>Oh Sees
>Kikagaku Moyo
>Orb
>Stonefield
the list goes on

>Zoomers/millenials are too pussy to use real psychedelics
Go outside sometime, grandpa.

Orb is an electronic band, rest is just pretentious wankfest. Not real psychedelia at all.

don't think it'll ever go out of style, can't go wrong with it really

Psychedelic music never went away, and there are more forms of it than ever. If you mean in the mainstream, yeah I can see it coming back under the right circumstances.

>psych back then: Real mind fuckery done with real instruments
>psych now: bunch of onions-boys whispering into a microphone
Sorry, no. That's not psychedelic music. Psychedelic rock is long gone.

Is os mutantes psych

King Gizz makes psychedelia for sure. The whole psych rock scene is really big in Australia.

GIZZARD GIZZARD

Attached: DEA2FAAC-1028-4A58-AD0F-69011C1CB664.jpg (486x689, 280K)

Yeah
Nah

I see a lot of trademarks in hypnagogic music and all the subgenres like vaporwave

>Orb is an electronic band
Orb not The Orb

most psychedelic gizz tracks?

as an underground aesthetic, it'll always be relevant.

as a pop throwback aesthetic, I doubt it. People are too obsessed with trap beats, nigga this and that, and dumbed down sizurp drank nonsense. I thnk people's standards are too low to accept something as elegant as psych pop

Miley did it

EEEEYYYYUUUUUPPP

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-15-01-58-29.png (1275x1714, 3.76M)

the river, han tyumi, polygondwanaland

Ask Harry Styles he’s spearheading its renaissance