What are some artists you consider yourself an expert on?

What are some artists you consider yourself an expert on?

Attached: 4gjju59hqqi21.jpg (640x634, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7IFqNmNF3k
omahametal.bandcamp.com/releases
youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
discord.gg/mwNwvn
youtu.be/l29tB4NltGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wagner

smashing pumpkins

Transistor Sound & Lighting Co.

Jeremy "Any hole's a goal" Soule

Fishmans. Don't join their discord though. Its full of pretentious faggots

yer mom lmao

Kanye

Between the Buried & Me
Genesis
Weezer
King Crimson
Bones

awful taste, i know

tool. ama

Unironically:

Autechre
Aphex Twin
Nurse With Wound

I can recall the "experts" meme from 2006-Yea Forums. Even then they had a Steven Stapleton "expert".

Duster and Songs: Ohia

What is the best Nurse With Wound album?

Swans. Used to be an expert on Modest Mouse but I can't be bothered to listen to their new shit

Black Sabbath

Attached: iommi.jpg (533x300, 22K)

Post-Barret Pink Floyd

Mf doom

You like Psycho Man?

I don't really care about the artists themselves. Just the music. I thought all high IQ people did this. Just me?

The Weeknd

Marc Bolan
Steve Reich
Jim Morrison
Tupac
Mahler
Robert Johnson
Keith Richards
Britney Spears

Kayo Dot probably

>BTBAM
Me too up until like TGM, I stopped caring too much after that

Dire Straits

Really sad what happened to btbam's guitar player. I still think there was dirty shenanigans involved..

Nine Inch Nails

Merzbild Schwet might be the answer. It's a well-produced, great introduction to classic Steve-o sound collage just after the "band" concept folded and he started being a one-man hack and mashing sounds together. It's also not too abrasive (Homotopy to Marie has multiple loud sections that can be a bit of a chore at times, I want to protect my hearing), wish I had a CD copy (of Merzbild) tbqh. Schwet features many of Steve's peccadillos in sound:

-noise/non-music
-women talking, sounding vaguely sexy/ominous
-ominous instrumental noise

It's a more "serious" album, and you don't hear too much of the pseudo-ironic lounge music sampling.

Soliloquy for Lilith is also very accessible, anyone who likes ambient (music) at all should give that one a go if they haven't.

youtube.com/watch?v=_7IFqNmNF3k

Drake

myself

Eric Butts

Attached: ericbuttsepic.jpg (500x500, 63K)

What's are your favorite projects? I've been wanting to get into him for a while now.

Death Grips

Van Halen, got super into them in high school and never stopped

if it's got Iommi on it I like it
it's on the lower end of their songs though

stereolab

If You're Reading This Its Too Late is a lot of people's favourites, and it was the album that got me into Drake
it's his most rap-heavy project, he's confident and hungry on it (starting with Views he got really complacent with his delivery/quality)

but I'd say Nothing Was the Same is *the* essential Drake project, because it has his most polished sound, and retains a lot of the R&B elements of his earlier work

Bassnectar

UNKLE

ween

ok, thank you!

I mean, probably. I never stopped to test my Beatles knowledge but I've been reading about them a fucking lot and possibly watched 90% of their interviews.

Attached: 1541996597911.jpg (2560x1440, 1009K)

New Order
The Smiths

Wtf m8 psycho man is one of the last songs ever recorded by the full original lineup. Shit was heavy by old school sabbath standards, and heavy by modern standards in 95

How is the relationship of the members of New Order with each other? I know that Sumner and Hook used to fight a lot, is it true?

it's not like it's a a bad song but take into account how many great/amazing songs they have. it's just a matter of numbers

>King Crimson
>awful taste, i know
?

Jeff Rosenstock sans material with antarctigo vespucci
Bridge and tunnel and related side projects
The emotron
Elysian brampton
Drug church
Friends bands

Oh and dragged into sunlight, but that's not very difficult

The Strokes
New Order

based

*elysia crampton

Talk Talk
Bowie
Can
Tim Buckley
Arthur Russell
John Coltrane

Otomo Yoshihide
Faust
Taku Sugimoto
Yann Tomita
Brian Wilson

St. Vincent.

same here

What's your favourite Aphex Twin album, user?

Don Van Vliet

Porcupine Tree

very based

What are your favorite Bones tapes?

Slipknot and Primus. I know a good bit

Hook broke off from the rest of them a while back. Claims he got fed up with, among other things, New Order just playing the hits in live shows instead of going for deep cuts, which explains why he started Peter Hook & the Light tours to play albums in their entirety. There were also legal disputes over the use of the name New Order as well as Hook’s back-catalog royalties. I don’t expect them to make up any time soon.

Yung Chuck

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 1.51.40 PM.png (581x511, 455K)

IC3PEAK
BROCKHAMPTON
Ratking
Armand Hammer

based. What's your favorite Otomo Yoshihide recording? I really just know Ground Zero, MC Hellshit and DJ Carhouse, and a couple of his onkyo recordings, but I've been meaning to get more into him.

Who did danny carey drum for that "fulfilled isuso dreams"?

Who was the female.artist Maynard co op'd with in the ninties to raise awareness of things?

Fill in the blank ----------- abortion clinic

Who the fuck is Blair?

Try "man with the woman face"
Seriously. I put it on when incant sleep and my mind goes nuts

unironically animal collective

Probably Blur. Albarn generally I guess. Pretty clued up on Bowie too.

Thanks, I'll check it out

whats up kayo dot dude? when i was 16 back in 05/06 i was obsessed witht them. i saw them a couple times when they came to my city in the course of just a few months, around when the bloody panda split got released. i saw them play at a book stoe that had only the owner of the bok store and the opening band there, so it was a very intimate up close private show, just 8 people in a small room, was amazing. also i hung out with them after wards and took pictures, and because i was a broke obsessed 16 year ld andtey were cooll, they gve me a handful of their entire merch table for $8, got two shirts, a handful of buttons, and the bloody panda split on vinyl, basically gaven it to me or gas money o-o still have all of it.

Jeff Rosenstock and all of his sidework. Beach fossils maybe. Wavves. Sam Ray. Toro y Moi

only absolute dogshit

ween
death grips
nick cave (bad seeds and bp)
butthole surfers
my bloody valentine
bladee

Joanna Newsom and Bob Dylan.

Bob dylan, david bowie, mark kozelek, paul hayden desser (hayden), steven jesse bernstein, but especially kozelek

Quiz time and I'll start easy.

Why did Dylan wear the white paint during Rolling Thunder ? Who was Dylan's stalkerfriend that he talked to on the phone that one time? Who was the author and title of the book he plagiarized for Love and Theft?

Favourite Butthole Surfers release?

The Music Tapes

Viper
AMA

fav ween and dg album

I'm a really big fan of your music. Yes, your music, the person reading this post.

Gene simmons and the violinist lady
You know, for the love of all things good that dude's name won't come to my mind. I believe it was the paranoid dude right?
Janoki saga (pretty sure that's spelt wrong) I believe it was for the feudal lord line

But who gave dylan his signature light bulb???

>Yes, I'm a Death Grips expert how did you know?

Attached: 020C1A23-C62F-4E63-8FE1-9359CCB92C96.jpg (594x582, 55K)

I’ve listened to every single Gucci Mane mixtape ever recorded

Based and same

Kek'd

Why thank you! We have a new album coming soon.

>Gene simmons and the violinist lady
That's a lie from the rolling thunder doc it's from the movie children of paradise.

>You know, for the love of all things good that dude's name won't come to my mind. I believe it was the paranoid dude right
AJ Weberman. Very enjoyable to listen to normal Dylan.

>But who gave dylan his signature light bulb?
Do they tell you who gave him the light bulb? Was that on the commentary?

I'd say Rush at least in their early days. One day during work I listened to every album from Fly By Night to Signals in a row without stopping. It really gives you a clear picture of a band and their direction when you do something like that.

I am also probably even a bigger expert on Death, and did the same thing with all their albums but on a plane.

I'm glad to hear that.

Bon Jovi, I used to really like them

Truthfully only death grips but gun to my head i could tell you alot about nirvana from when i was 12

modest mouse, giles corey/have a nice life, pilotredsun, nick drake, crywank

David Bowie

i know all 28 of his albums and can talk about his collaborators too, and my favorite Bowie songs are mostly deep cuts

My band actually does though, but I'm kind of a newfag. Are there any rules on self promotion on Yea Forums?

Daft Punk

I know all their albums, singles, bootlegs, solo projects (roule and le knight club), collaborations, pre-daft punk recordings, all samples, etc
I was very into them at age 13 lol

You see, I loved the first doccumentary mr martain did on dylan but I hate how there's this misinformation being spread under the guise of "mythmaking" or whatnot in the rolling thunder one. I think bob just said a close friend gave it to him but I'm not sure he ever mentioned him or her by name.
I guess I'm not a dylan exxxxxpert parsay maybe a dylan novice if you will haha

based

Attached: snj9zimu60ckjezt3ki1.jpg (500x333, 27K)

PCPPEP

animal collective
toro y moi
candy claws/sound of ceres
stereolab

based and chuckpilled

fuck you

Just post a song from it.

Hi Sam!

Attached: gugugud.png (297x283, 87K)

omahametal.bandcamp.com/releases

This is our demo, like I said, first album coming soon.

Jandek, Keiji Haino, Radiohead

Jimi Hendrix, I wanted to play like Jimi Hendrix as probably all the good guitarists still alive (Frusciante, Syd Barret Ghost and My Heroes) so is liek... I saw so many interviews trying to catch up his gentlemancy along with his delicate gestures to the point I ended up playing Voodoo Child just like Stevie Ray Vaughan because the tube screamer owns the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz but Sunface is a good challenger yet Stevie was more clean, Jimi is a very bad teacher if you wanna learn to play yet he'll give you tricks you'll never find anywhere else as he played more with his teeth than his pick.

Damon Albarn

I'm not much a fan of death metal/cookie monster music, so I'll have to retract my first statement. I'm sure somebody likes it though.

lame and gay

Fair enough lol, thanks for giving it a try anyway.

My favorite Aphex Twin/RDJ album, and favorite album full stop, is SAW II. A few months ago I found a CD copy of the compiliation album containing Stone in Focus: the only proper CD release of the track that I'm aware of.

On the graphics side, I've also looked at the pie-chart thing. The side with five tracks seems to have wrong percentages-I believe the original graphic artist made a simple mistake. At some point in the future, I want to burn myself a definitive fan copy, with corrected artwork. Pic related is a screenshot from the graphic designer's notes which may fully reveal the flaw once I get into it (tedious but I have an idea of what happened).

Attached: state 1.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

incorrect. It's full of lovely people

is it pdpineapple or taddles? both of you were pretentious fucks yourself who couldn't stop arguing with people. the former decided to dip out when you were on an alcoholic binge convinced you the server was too big, and the latter dipped out over who knows what, probably because you didn't think the server was "edgy" or "based" enough for you.
either way good fucking yard brother have a good one. not either of them? cool, don't want toxic people like you around anyway.

bruh moment

sh-shinji?

is it pdpineapple or taddles? both of you were pretentious fucks yourself who couldn't stop arguing with people. the former decided to dip out when you were on an alcoholic binge convinced you the server was too big, and the latter dipped out over who knows what, probably because you didn't think the server was "edgy" or "based" enough for you.
either way good fucking yard brother have a good one. not either of them? cool, don't want toxic people like you around anyway.

Boris is the one band I know pretty much all the lore for, not sure there’s really anything I’m not aware of when it comes to them. Also Reverend Bizarre more or less.

Dischord is only for faggots and other scum anyway. I don't even know why people would want to be part of any kind of Dischord ever.

Dischord
it's good for coordination and conglomeration of obscure fangroups, eg. Fishmans

unironically, jamiroquai

Neu!
King Crimson
The Police
Roxy Music
Yellow Magic Orchestra

Tegan and Sara
La Roux
Faith No More
Metallica
Sam Smith
The Misfits
Nirvana
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Would be if it didn't attract only the absolute worst kind of fags in the world.

Did you forget what site you're on or something?

Discord is the gayest shit, get a life and go outside. You probably do gay roleplays with anime avatars.

Then get the fuck out.

fiss mans

piss mans

Radiohead

>4802
uhhhh nno ur rwrong!

> (You)
o.89791403is it pdpineapple or taddles? both of you were pretentious fucks yourself who couldn't stop arguing with people. the former decided to dip out when you were on an alcoholic binge convinced you the server was too big, and the latter dipped out over who knows what, probably because you didn't think the server was "edgy" or "based" enough for you.
either way good fucking yard brother have a good one. not either of them? cool, don't want toxic people like you around anyw

Attached: 9087345678.png (600x600, 259K)

Ween, Cardigans, Casablancas stuff, Kalnoky stuff, Nakata stuff, Grandaddy/Jason Lytle, King Gizz, DOOM stuff, Fishmans, The Prodigy, the pillows, that's a few.

Oh, and of course my boy Vincente..

Attached: 48dc7a03fca33bfd3d635219a79d2f7c.jpg (881x549, 102K)

>
>>
bruh

Attached: 235023.png (1439x1440, 2.66M)

Anonymous 08/28/19(Wed)01:02:04 No.89791415▶
File: 9087345678.png (259 KB, 600x600)
259 KB
> (You)
o.89791403is it pdpineapple or taddles? both of you were pretentious fucks yourself who couldn't stop arguing with people. the former decided to dip out when you were on an alcoholic binge convinced you the server was too big, and the latter dipped out over who knows what, probably because you didn't think the server was "edgy" or "based" enough for you.
either way good fucking yard brother have a good one. not either of them? cool, don't want toxic people like you

Rina Sawayama

B, decided yard big, alconvinge preten an youse ser haver wer onvine. them? binced" ou 08/28/28/19(Wedgy" eithe lat, probably bot pdping withe yout way bing whaver hattere over whattereter ou whent sereter who decause for th fucks "bably bothineappeople. tople: 908/28/19(Wedgy" out self taddle lic binced ou ther "bas wand of you.
eithe ped of you wer way good thent en ant taddle like self whaver way big, 600)
o.8979109115▶
File lattenonving (259 KB
.png (259 KB
>(Yo

formerly yung sneed

Fishmans fans are the fucking worst.

no u

Attached: 3985729.png (1002x918, 1.72M)

You lol

Attached: unknown-45.png (500x516, 141K)

herro we are za gaymans

Yall ever just night cruising?

Attached: 1554529764021.png (666x500, 729K)

sophie/most pc music
mssingno
james blake
rustie
hudmo

same, loved them as a teen

Wed)01:07:22 No.89791488▶

File: unknown-45.png (729 KB

File: 3985729 KB, 666x500x516)
141 KB

herro we are za gaymans are the fucking? Anonymous 08/28/19(Wed)01:06:39 No.89791492
File: 1554529764021.png (1.72 MB
>>
Anonymous 08/28/19(Wed)01:06:17 No.89791469▶
File: 3985729.png (141 KB, 500)
729 KB, 500x516)
141 KB, 500x516)
1.72 MB
>>
Anonymous 08/28/

bro meet me at fishmans rd and square up

Attached: HAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png (522x499, 39K)

None, I haven't studied music.

t-square

Attached: IMG_20181218_121057 - Copy.jpg (4048x3036, 3.31M)

Attached: e29hr00btqu21.jpg (960x960, 313K)

Attached: longseasn.png (693x523, 887K)

lil sneed

this is honestly impressive, good job

i agree, this is trash
t. fishmans discord admin

bro where can i buy this

I firmly believe I know more about frank and the mothers than anyone under the age of 50. Fight me fags

Attached: 89C8E312-A682-4B50-B410-485275E1CA43.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Jason Aldean
He sounds a lot like the Fishmans

>Fishmans
who is that bro

post more fishman memes

join the discord for more top quality memes

Attached: scan56.jpg (948x987, 341K)

please dont post this

Attached: disgust2.jpg (275x250, 9K)

DUBS CHECKED

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 11.19.16 PM.png (1214x902, 1.95M)

dubs nice

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 01.20.11.png (784x590, 863K)

link?

youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Checked and based

Attached: 20190827_232114.png (1796x1536, 3.6M)

it started with just filling out the discography on wcd
now I have 2 100$ dvd collections for some fucking reason

Attached: 伊東たけし - T.K..jpg (1030x1024, 261K)

Megan foxx naked look :)

dm me for it

sent ;)

For me, it's Gryphon
Listened to all their albums, all their songs, even their obscure live album. Looked into all the band member's careers outside of the band

Attached: Gryphon.jpg (642x361, 175K)

no problem there i respect a man with good taste in j fusion

discord.gg/mwNwvn

The Fall of Troy, I swear know one enjoys that band more than me. And if I was rich I would own all their shit ever.

wow shit server honestly, i am out!!!!!

Attached: 2ytyz6.jpg (500x500, 47K)

FISHIEMEN :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

he eat the fishe

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (800x540, 149K)

Gishmans - Gong Season :DDDDDDD

Attached: 20190827_235519.png (1357x1339, 3.64M)

bladee and ecco2k

DA FISHDMANDSSSS :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Attached: dfab06a60891cb56eea7dc5abef2fe46.jpg (770x1166, 119K)

Beatles

>Genesis
>King Crimson
baste taste

this is the gayest fucking thing lol

none really, but I've listened to every album, EP and singles from the 3 major Albini bands
also a lot of Coltrane, but there's still a lot more to go

Amanda Palmer

You can imagine the kind of depressive theatre geek I was in highschool.

GY!BE

limp bizkit

Oh shit, Kayo Dot fans. They were my fucking jam back in high school (as well as maudlin of the Well obviously), but I recently started listening to them (and metal in general) again and it really resonates with me again. Favourite albums/songs?

Paramore, The Killers and Bruno Mars shamefully.

I know how to play they're entire discographies. Not much of an achievement I know, but I still think it's worth something.

I also the history and what everyone does outside of music.

Very based

I'm the same, not much about Daft Punk that I don't know.

Attached: 2002.png (341x287, 186K)

bath
lybm
cote
dawct

those are special albums for me, all 10s in my eyes. i need to dig in more to their newer stuff but i know it'll not hit me like those first 4 albums. (and im not a teenager anymore t.t) dont touch dead animals is a 10.0, just wish their side had atleast another song. in the l..l..library loft is my favorite toby driver "solo" album.

fuck it has been awhile, in the next few days, im going to listen intently their last 4 albums bcause i have barely given them the chance. im excited actually, have all this kayo dot/toby driver that will be new for me. the newer motw album is really good too, but doesnt stand up with bath/lybm

sorry this post is a fucking mess.

Based Tattles

Marilyn manson, slipknot

Haha fuck, you have literally the same opinions as me. The only difference is that I listened to don't touch dead animals a few days ago and thought that kayo dot piece was a bit obnoxious, it didn't hold up at all. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is still fucking amazing though.
I also remembered Hubardo being the by far the best release since DAWCT so I'll give that another go as well. And I've always had a soft spot for Coyote.

I got to hear don't touch dead animals played live like 4 feet away from the band in an empty room like 2 months after the split was released, so I kinda have a gigantic soft spot for it. I liked how different and obnoxious it was compared to all their other stuff lol. I'll play hubardo tonight, that's one of the albums I've only listened to a few times. I didn't use the internet for a few years and basically only listened to my physical music collection the whole time, have alot of catching up to do in the music world, still have to hear koenjihyakkei's new album, all kinds of bands I was obsessed with as a teen have released something these past few years after long hiatuses :o fucking gerogerigegege and stuff

Sounds good. Welcome back and have a lovely listening experience tonight, my dude.

who was the dog that was outside?!?
Asking for a friend.

>Daft Punk
hell yeah, B A S E D

Me

>carpenter brut
not really difficult to know it all, but i've listen to all the discography so many times

Attached: carpenter brut.jpg (600x600, 187K)

Darkthrone

If I'm an expert on any artist, it's definitely Sonic Youth. I've listened to all their studio albums, the SYR series, bootlegs, solo projects, and various oddball releases from them (whitey album, etc.). I've also read Confusion is Next, Goodbye 20th Century, and the 33 1/3 book on Daydream Nation. I've seen some documentaries, too and recently met Steve Shelley at a Daydream Nation 30th anniversary event

Love Boris, pls post some Boris lore

Same.

Daft Punk, Beatles, Arctic Monkeys and now, somewhat, Fishmans.

Primus and Rammstein are still there from high school

Beethoven. I've heard every work he's written and know a lot about his life.

No you haven't. You only heard other people play his sheets

What do you think about the Große Fuge and what is your favourite piano sonata?

Nirvana is the only band I could say that I am an expert on. I could write a fucking book going from the first house show in raymond to when kurt blew his brains out.

>I could write a fucking book going from the first house show in raymond to when kurt blew his brains out.
please do it

The Mentors AND The Raunchous Brothers.

Fuck off and drop the trip alreay you fat retard.

rembrandt's pussyhorse
the pod
exmil or notm

I think a more interesting one would be writing one ab everything up until they got signed to DGC. highlighting the fucking mess SUBPOP was and all the bands of the Olympia scene that don't get talked ab much like Girl Trouble, Courtney Love (the band
) and Bratmobile would be cool. Nirvana was more of an Olympia band then a Seattle Band IMO. If they didn't get on subpop they would've been on K records and '91 would've been ab Dinosaur Jr. or something instead.

bmsr

Attached: 0TJh1m2.jpg (1080x1080, 417K)

Durr
At first I didn't really like the Grosse Fugue, but it has since grown on me and now I think it's great. It has moments of true beauty with the type of life-affirming ending B was great at. My favorite piano sonata is probably the Appassionata or the Waldstein. 32 follows close behind.

Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins

>talk shit about discord
>a bunch of recluse discord trannies shit up the thread
Shocking

Nightcruisinnnggg

Someone link me the Fishmans discord bros

A Hawk and a Hacksaw
Clarence Clarity

Mysterious Band

Anything Jack White and White Stripes

Red Hot Chili Peppers lmao

Kill yourself you absolute fucking retard

Kid Rock
youtu.be/l29tB4NltGA

I used to be a Poppy expert (I was the first one to make threads about her), but then I got bored of Titanic Sinclair

Why yes. I am a My Bloody Valentíne scholar. How could you tell?

Attached: images (29).jpg (235x283, 6K)

Oppenheimer Analysis

>this thread

Attached: 1529898212439.gif (800x400, 40K)

eminem and

kanye
yung lean
smashing pumpkins
frank ocean
danny brown
modern baseball
american football

Beach House

Clutch
AFI
Linkin Park
Ramones

Omgz the epic fishmans discord with my fellow soi zoom zooms?

John Maus

Elliott Smith probably