Is the album supposed to have some sort of coherent narrative?

>FI - liberation
>Pneuma - enlightenment
>Invincible - depression
>Descending - desperation
>Culling Voices - paranoia
>CTT - psychosis
>7empest - rage

[previous thread: boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/89759953]

Attached: ToolFI.jpg (980x950, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V0YPZhaaRqg
youtube.com/watch?v=amykXjr7Q6k&t=585s
youtube.com/watch?v=8qtIdhpw6hc
imgur.com/gallery/TJBFtt5
songmeanings.com/songs/view/35154/
youtu.be/2PovmYjR-eA
youtu.be/vvQYJc70_eI
youtu.be/xARKR6i-RHs
boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/89759953]
toolshed.down.net/opinion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maynard sodomizes little boys. He is a serial rapist pefophile, and part of a group that engages in anal sex with children as part of ceremonial magick practice

he has needs, like i do, we both want.....

It took so long to remember just what happened I was so young and vestal then You know it hurt me But I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise I've got my hands bound My head down, my eyes closed And my throat wide open Do unto others what has been done to you I'm treading water I need to sleep a while My lamb and martyr, you look so precious Won't you come a bit closer Close enough so I can smell you I need you to feel this I can't stand to burn too long Released in this sodomy For one sweet moment I am whole Do unto you now what has been done to me You're breathing so I guess you're still alive Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise Won't you come just a bit closer Close enough so I can smell you I need you to feel this I need this to make me whole There's release in this sodomy For I am your witness that Blood and flesh can be trusted And only this one holy medium brings me piece of mind Got your hands bound, your head down Your eyes closed You look so precious now Show me something Thought I could make it end Thought I could wash the stains away Thought I could break the circle if I Slipped right into your skin So sweet was your surrender We have become one I have become my terror And you my precious lamb and martyr I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this Shit blood and cum on my hands I've come round full circle My lamb and martyr, this will be over soon You look so precious
Songwriters: Adam Jones / Daniel Carey / Maynard James Keenan / Paul M D'amour Prison Sex lyrics © BMG Rights Management

So he got raped in the ass, and now he rapes someone in the ass

do unto others

Fear Inoculum - 7.5/10
Pneuma - 8.5/10
Invincible - 9/10
Descending - 10/10
Culling Voices - 6/10
CCT - 7/10
7empest - 9/10

>Show me something Thought I could make it end Thought I could wash the stains away Thought I could break the circle if I Slipped right into your skin So sweet was your surrender We have become one I have become my terror And you my precious lamb and martyr

i need this in studio. it is so unbelievably based and good. ill probably never see it live in person so i need it recorded professionally goddammit

it's a detailed account of raping a bound little boy in the ass, as this was done to him. this act is something people in his crowley cult do as a ritual.

Fear Inoculum - 6/10
Pneuma - 8/10
Invincible - 9/10
Descending - 8/10
Culling Voices - 8/10
CCT - 8/10
7empest - 9/10

Fear Inoculum - 8.5/10
Pneuma - 7.5/10
Invincible - 10/10
Descending - 9.5/10
Culling Voices - 5/10
CCT - 6/10
7empest - 9/10

i only like chocolate chip trip because it sounds like a Death Grips song

While I can totally understand the 6/10 for Fear Inoculum, I find it weird that you give Culling Voices an 8 at the same time.

Maynard Rapes Boys/10

So the liberation/enlightenment of the first two tracks was just a temporary illusion, given that beyond them it all goes only downhill?

seen this a couple times on Yea Forums. what's the story here? the only rape story for maynard i can find is that one 17-year-old girl a year back

it's all bullshit. it has been traced back to a forum where edgelords were known to spread fake stories and take the power out of the metoo shit, but just ended up weaponizing it even more lel

nide try, maynard.

stop raping children.

well the 17-year-old girl was internet bullshit too so i'm not surprised. god, it must suck to have any kind of success as a public figure these days

I'm no diehard I like Tool and most of their stuff,

I didn't like fear inoculum and most of the quiet spirtual shit they try to do. but 7empest is fucking nice, invincible is nice too, I just downloaded the album and am jumping around

I like it a lot, but wasn't expecting too much from them at this point. I think it's solid from what I'm hearing. Good way to round out them putting their music and putting everything on spotify.

looking forward to norma jean's new album

Attached: download (22).jpg (225x225, 8K)

yeah sure miss the old days when you could tie up an 8 year old boy and fuck him in the ass without anyone complaining about it on the internet. right, may?

damn the end of descending is fucking sick bruh

don't you got some grape juice to squeeze with your bare feet maynard?

here's your (You), you unknowing symptom

Am I the only one that thinks the album sounds pretty... empty and sad in retrospect? It's kinda hollow and hopeless

ehhh kinda agree in a way.

It is by far their worst. But it's still solid.

FI - 7/10
Pneuma - 6/10
Invincible - 8/10
Descending - 9/10
Culling Voices - 9/10
CTT - 7/10
7empest - 8/10

Culling Voices haters will see the light

Imo its their 3rd best. they are more musically adventurous here then say 10k days. theres no radio hooks, but its their most prog release yet

FI - 7/10
Pneuma - 10/10
Invincible - 8.5/10
Descending - 9/10
Culling Voices - 5.9/10
CTT - 10/10
7empest - 9/10

Maynard talking about Crowley and ritual magick (sodomizes boys)
youtube.com/watch?v=V0YPZhaaRqg

FI - 8/10, it slaps
Pneuma - 9.5/10 it whips sack
Invincible - 8.5/10
Descending - 9/10
Culling Voices -8/10
CCTrip - 10/10
7empest - 9/10 it slays you fuckers

he IS NOT raping children. cmon man, what a baseless ridiculous fucking claim. you dont know shit about me you dont know shit about how the internet works and you dont understand shit about being innocent until be proven guilty. just stfu aready

judging from these scores tool just notched another fucking 8.5+ out of ten. how the hell do they do it?

so youre a descending man

Descending is my favourite track with Reflection, Wings pt 2 and 46&2.

fucking pnuema
that fucking song. im not really a tool fan, i dont listen to them nd i still need to hear a couple of their albums, i really didnt even like half this album, but i listened because of the hype and im glad i did because pneuma is the best song ive heard in 11 years. can someone who knows ,music theory or something explain this to me? i cant stop listening to it and it makes me feel really really good, and not in a "song i like" kinda way, it makes my body feel good, my face feel good, my mind feel good etc. wtf is this ???????????

Gaynerd Lames Queefin

Based

danny carey+zach hill pure insanity album when?

Is it just me or is the guitar out of time at 6:48 in 7empest? Start listening at 6:42

Did the album leak or something?

The main tracks did. I'm waiting on the full version with the interludes before I listen to it.

Pneuma is the real shit. It's ritual Magick

Definitely. They anally raped a lot of young boys in ceremonial sex magick rituals for that one! Tight

hmmm i think you're right

the dude's 54 now though so you can't expect him to play as perfectly as he did when he was 30

age catches up to us all

Maynard obviously probably does not rape little boys.
This lady on the other hand, not so sure.

Attached: 1566846600141.png (757x1210, 102K)

I haven't seen such non-stop coverage of an album since IGOR.

FI - 7/10
Pneuma - 9/10
Invincible - 10/10
Descending - 9/10
Culling voices - 7/10
CTT - shoot me
7empest - holy shit I havent smiled so hard listening to a song in years
9999/10
Its over 15 minutes but I keep hitting repeat

so what youre saying is, if i boink little boys i can become a genius song writer and become a multimillionaire?

Anyone can LARP anonymously on the internet, doeasnt mean people should believe you.
The accuser never made a public case by name so everyone finally realized they were larping as some edgy teen

i don't doubt that he rapes little boys since he is so open about ritual magick and crowley, and sex magick with danny and the band being freemasons and that's what crowley did. i don't give this fucker the benefit of the doubt anymore. if someone says he did, i believe it very easily. it's totally in keeping with everything he says he believes

it's not one accuser, dipshit. it's dozens

That sounds like a pretty fair trade off, why are people whining about it? At least satanic rituals apparently pay dividends, fucking priests have been diddling boys for centuries and they haven't made it on Billboards. What a bunch of scrubs.

That screenshot is from 2006. You're probably thinking of the other, more recent, allegations.

Attached: 1566846610149.png (622x487, 51K)

>7 minutes and 28 seconds of segues are going to make all the dramatic difference

And none of them made a public case. One person larps, other people see it working on retarded people and want to larp too.

stop raping children, maynard

I just don't buy it, and I've seen nothing that substantiates the claim at all. Also, in fairness to the Wizard Coalition, some people don't seem too happy with him.

Attached: 1566846610032.png (759x658, 50K)

nice to see people warming up to that song

It just seems so samey same, 13 years and they can't evolve? Adam Jones can't develop at least a LITTLE bit more technical skill past buzzo-style riffage?

Attached: CTeNjSEW4AA_NXI.jpg large.jpg (600x299, 36K)

Here's one from 2015.

Attached: ultimateguitar201504.jpg (617x382, 64K)

>le short tracks don't matter man

in essence, maynard is a member of the ordo templi orientis. are you mad that you are missing out on this? youtube.com/watch?v=amykXjr7Q6k&t=585s

get a job faggot

No. I don't anally rape children for "power" because I'm not a psychopath. Enjoy, Danny

wow this changes everything, I believe anything on the internet now!

what a sad existance you have. do you communicate with any other humans at all? because i have observed your copy and ]aste comments in every tool thread since saturday. this is me just reading while im on the shitter but you are consistantly in every thread spreading this paranoid tabloid trash it makes me wonder what life if like for you, you have NO ONE do you? how do I KNOW that?

Tool's marketing team should have stayed off of Yea Forums.

aw poor maynard is mad he can't shill his new album without someone telling people who he really is

I could see Maynard doing something like this. The guy's an egotistical tool, despite his music.

b-but he's preaching for gud ppl to spiral out and for egoistical tools to learn2swin

>swin
*swim

>every tool thread since saturday.
>there's been like dozens of them if not more
>tfw people coming here after official release of the album will see barely any threads and barely anyone posting in them anymore

wtf i love maynard now

Is this the final time to be alive to see all this constant influx of Tool threads around here?

Nice try, Maynard. Just stop

they're godawful shill threads to promote the new album, with copy and paste conservations running like bots. this board doesn't give a shit about tool

what's up maynard, what does 46 and two mean?

Wishful thinking, Maynard.

nah, tool s gonna relase two albums by 2027

>arguably most anticipated rock album of the past decade, literally the Half-Life 3 equivalent in music
>physical album copies allegedly sold out
>music leaked a few days ago
>but it needs to be shilled on Yea Forums for some inexplicable reason

Buzzo is prolific. He gets a pass

Taking your word for it. Just, how will pic related be looking by then?

Attached: 1kqjp82e1bf31.jpg (4267x3200, 2.08M)

This hurts my brain. Fucking Tool fans

>pretending mu shills would not be part of its rollout
fuck off, you gaslighting shill. all you care about us sales. tool is corporate sellout TRASH

Some retards think the whole board is themselves and their buddies, in reality no one gives a shit about them and their opinions

Wtf is wrong with that graphic?

youtube.com/watch?v=8qtIdhpw6hc

only Yea Forums thinks Yea Forums is important enough for shilling on Yea Forums to be part of a massively anticipated album rollout. this isnt some fucking soundcloud EP get over yourself

>tfw nobody addresses OP's theory/proposition

sure, shill. you keep saying it, maybe you'll convince yourself.

nah i dont think so. i dont think they ever really do. but i definitely get an overarching theme of getting rid of toxic people (title track, Culling Voices, 7empest)

I know, I love Buzz, but Jones has no excuse.

Do you agree with the dominating emotion/state of mind associated with each track as proposed by OP? Or do you think they are different?

Adam is not just the guitarist. He has been the creative director behind all of the band's non-musical art (album art/packaging, music videos, stage props etc.) since the beginning. It's very difficult to think of the band without him.

Hi, Adam. The cover totally sucks

It now has a lower rating than 10,000 Days on RYM

F

woah hang on, music discussion on Yea Forums fuck, uhh.. im gonna give it a little more than one word per track.

>Fear Inoculum, ridding toxic things and people from your life
>Pneuma, realization that we are in this shit together
>Invincible, the never ending and ever losing battle against father time
>Descending, calling back to Pneuma we are in this shit together and if we dont act together we are fucked
>Culling Voices, calling back to Fear Inoculum, dealing with the damage caused by a close relationship with an abusive mentally unwell person
>CCTrip, this is just danny blasting the drums and i fucking love it, i wish it were longer.
>7empist, calling back to FI and CV, dealing with a mentally abusive person, recognizing that they just are what they are. an angry calling out.

i dont think OP is far off the mark at all.

Imagine being this retarded and oblivious

Because it's wrong. The bridge of Descending is a call to action if anything.

i misspelled 7empest

Attached: seppuku.jpg (1080x1080, 152K)

I think anyone that has delt with mentally abusive people in their life will seriously identify with Culling Voices and 7empest. Maynard hit the nail on the head with the lyrics.

Utter garbage album. Retire

It's fine. Just literally outlinering their discography. It's based off of the back of the lateralus cd case. Well idk actually, I live in El salvador, I may have a bootleg with different artwork

nope you're correct

Attached: lateralus reverse.jpg (1032x774, 84K)

But they will probably get a Grammy for best album packaging again, just like 13 years ago.

>tfw have a copy from the the original batch US pressing where "Lateralus" is misspelt as "Lateralis"

(maybe has it too lol)

It's Adam who received the Grammy, not the whole band.

aenima > lateralus > Fear Inoculum = Undertow > Opiate > 10,000 Days
They're all good tho

Attached: 1564227762799.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Sorry, Adam. My mistake.

imgur.com/gallery/TJBFtt5

>@Iwas17HeWas36
how do you write that username with a straight face

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

why was this guy so retarded? he couldn't have made another email?

where can i listen??

A very desperate call. Then the rest of the track is instrumental and nothing seems to come out of it. And the next track is about voices and conversations which never took place. Well...

Fear 7
Pneuma 7
Invincible 8
Descending 8
Culling voices 5. I don’t like it
Cct 6. Cool but doesn’t belong
7empest 8

Fear Inoculum 7/10
Pneuma 8/10
Invincible 9/10
Descending 10/10
Culling Voices 8/10
Chocolate Chip Trip 6.5/10
7empest 6/10

Fear Inoculum - 8/10
Pneuma - 7/10
Invincible - 8/10
Descending - 8/10
Culling Voices - 7/10
CCT - 5/10
7empest - 4/10

My man, pneuma is fucking based

For me, some of the chord progressions just go to places that I didn't expect, more melodic than typical Tool stuff. It's a beautiful song.

Attached: chewbaccajones.jpg (946x2048, 103K)

>lars has a small package

I've never believed in something more than this

>lost keys
>eon blue apocalypse
>die eier von satan

tool's skits are kino

what's everyone favorite track so far? I'm actually curious if Pneuma is for anyone.

>lost keys
intro to Rosetta Stoned, doesn't make much sense on its own
>eon blue apocalypse
pretty much an intro to The Patient
>die eier von satan
it could plausibly be a parody of Rammstein if not for the fact that in 1996 they released just one album and were virtually unknown in the US, otherwise dunno, maybe a parody of Laibach

Pneuma is really good, but my favourite is Invincible.

Based CCT nigga
How the fuck does he do it?

Attached: images (4).jpg (275x183, 7K)

Die eier von satan is the reverse of message to harry manback.

Harry manback sounds nice but it's just a guy telling you to die and eat shit.

Von satan sounds like a nazi rally but it's just a cookie recipe

if you are a connoisseur of those then can you explain what Lipan Conjuring was all about and for?

Not that guy, but I'm pretty sure Lipan is supposed to be the chant that causes Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned, but in reality, it's just them chanting:

Ooh yeah
Ooh yeah
Heya naaya Tool
Heya naaya new, yeah new

Ooh yeah
Ooh yeah
Heya naaya Tool
Heya naaya cool

fucking lol, user.

A chant causes aliens to manifest to some random dude (who didn't even graduate fucking highschool)?
Or is it just a chant of some New Mexico tribe living outside of Area51?
Oh, and what was Viginti Tres supposed to be about? That one seems to be devoid of any meaning or context (the only discernible utterance apparently saying something like "Francisco")

PS inb4
>sync & mix VT with the Wings tracks
yea no

>I'm pretty sure that abc, but in reality it's just xyz
whew

i'm with you bro

Don't look to deeply into it, you'll drive yourself into madness

Come on that shit sounds good

basically.

What track will receive a video? (assuming they'll be lazy like last time and make just one)
Which one is most likely? The obvious suspect is the title track as it was the lead single, but then again who knows.
Anyway what could they show that wasn't shown before? The Vicarious video didn't break too much new ground (almost none actually after Parabola).

Good point and well noticed, but... that's the whole point behind it really?

>Come on that shit sounds good
That's up to taste, but the concept that this is what is supposed to be done to reveal the purpose of VT is a long-stale meme from 13 years ago

The rape story was confirmed false, but why were people acting so surprised that Maynard would do this? Dude's an absolute jackass I'm actually shocked the accusations were fake.

>7empest
Oh, boi, here's the hi fellow kids moment

Cool idea.

Descending (“SOUND THE DREAD ALARM!”) >>> Invincible/Fear Inoculum > Culling Voices > Pneuma/7empest > Chocolate Chip Trip

Only song i really like is 7empest and maybe Pneuma

Some argue a metaphor for religious indoctrination (head down, hands bound, eyes closed, throat wide open -> prayer) being passed on, he hated that shit and it kind of plays out over Tool and APC records that he kind of comes to terms with his moms faith that he once had a sincere hatred for.

Also some abusers go on to abuse themselves, general concept. This early in a catalog I dont think ex military petshop worker is into a cult. Weird alleged groupie shit went down after this record launched.

13 years for a unique sounding band, that''s a lot of hype.

Yeah thats the realest post.

how do you know that?

He is one of those little boys

remember the first time you heard the song lateralus? it was like when Neo sees matrix for the first time
there is no such feel on this album

/pol/tards see anything related to the occult and its pedo shit and pizza gate. Its like Tourette's, they have an unstoppable physical reaction where they have to say it or they get dizzy and start to black out. The same pictures from message boards from anonymous people claiming people without shit proof, etc. They're unable to help themselves.

I dont think Aenima had one of those either. Tons of high points and an oustanding record but the song Lateralus stands alone

what are schism and parabol(a) ?

songs on Lateralus

so how the fuck does lateralus song stands alone

>DUDE FIBONACCI LOL
It sounds like every other Tool song, there's just a known gimmick to it

but lateralus is the fibonacciest bruv

No its just the way it flows and transitions. I get this is coming from someone whos been blasted on psychedelics too many times, but it has a lot of segments/movements that you could play as segments to someone unfamiliar and pass off as chunks of different songs from the same band, but played together they mesh amazingly well. Parabola shreds so hard (and the transition out of parabol it a real scrote milker) and Schism has a great progression to it, but Lateralus is a weird and unique animal. Especially when it like, flips over at 7:20 ish. That transition is still so loaded

I had no fucking clue about the fibonacci thing until Rogan so many goddamn years later and all of the cringelords came out of the woodwork.

Aenima has Third Eye though

Attached: tool-madness-2011.png (1000x700, 134K)

>Parabola shreds so hard (and the transition out of parabol it a real scrote milker)
They ruined the dynamics of the transition in the Parabola video though by making the Parabol part just as loud in average as Parabola.

if as many people are pedos as you people always say there are , I guess you're a minority and should probably be locked up for not being a pedo, my fringe fren

>3 years between Undertow and Aenima
>5 years between Aenima and Lateralus, or between Lateralus and 10k Days
>8 years between Undertow and Lateralus
>13 years between Undertow and 10k Days, or between 10k Days and Fear Inoculum
literal fibonacci right there

>1 year between Opiate and Undertow
>3 years between Undertow and Aenima
>5 years between Aenima and Lateralus
>5 years between Lateralus and 10k Days
>13 years between Undertow and Lateralus
How about you Fibogofuckyourself?

years between Undertow and Lateralus
In what universe

Meant 10,000 Days, sorry. Either way the Fibonacci thing is retarded

Fear Inoculum - 8.5/10
Pneuma - 6.5/10 boring and too long
Invincible - 9/10
Descending - 10/10 fucking perfect.
Culling Voices - 8/10 nice vocals and buildup
CCT - 6/10 nice danny skills but just an interlude
7empest - 7.5/10 very good start but too long and no structure

No shame here, its a top 5 tool song now.

Intermission.

First time i heard lateralus i was 16 and thought it was gay

This objectively

Invincible and Descending are 10/10 as far as Toolverse goes

The one where the same user tried to claim that trent reznor did the same thing a few weeks earlier?
lol okay

The real question is where the fuck I can get more of TOOL's real aspects:
Really powerful, cool fucking sounding, heavy motherfucking riffs--heavy as in they HEAVE, not as in "hurr durr heavy metal," while simultaneously having a beautiful fucking voice with absolutely REAL, not fucking bitchboy "grrrr" screams in it.

Just for a few moments, fucking humor me and hate the fact that pseudomacho screaming is the current de facto. Imagine if Meshuggah had a person with a meaningful fucking voice behind it.
Imagine if metal artists could fucking piece together meaning through their lyrics, instead of just waxing poetically on singular fucking terms and trying to make you see the entire picture they saw when high one time.

Imagine if Maynard didn't fucking do the same thing as those idiots on this album, and walked us through his ideas in a more visceral manner. Half of these tracks are fucking meandering sections while Maynard goes back to sleep.

The lyrics fucking suck in comparison to what they could be. During Adam's chug-chug breaks, he could easily be fucking providing something meaningful.

In Descending, who is he talking to? Literally everyone? The song should be fucking flowing from a meaningless call for help--a call to stir us all and wake us all, to an order that we're going to do so--collectively decided.

Pneuma itself needs more fucking variety. The entire concept is perfect, but it needs Maynard's perfected narrative: A cold-open to a person's own despicable reflection, and then their revelatory anger (the friction), which then sparks into its own worldwide command. WAKE THE FUCK UP, et cetera. The entire purpose of Maynard's messianic complices is for lyrical completion.

>7empest
>actin' all surprised when you're caught in the lie
>it's not unlike you!
Is this fucking summer camp?

>Ooh yeah
Ooh yeah
Heya naaya Tool
Heya naaya cool

My sides

Yeah, Maynard's absence/poor performance on this album is the only thing missing. So many parts in these songs where Maynard could be going hard in the way that he does that would give these songs the classic tool climax and intensity. And he is too buried in the mix on the parts that he is in. Fug

WHERE'S MAYNARD

Tool's mastering always puts Maynard in the background, because he, before, would get in the way if his yelling was mastered above everything.
No fucking proper yelling on this one, so it doesn't fit.
A TEMPEST MUST BE
JUST THAT
A TEMPEST MUST BE
JUST THAT
THE TEMPEST MUST BE
JUST THAT
THE TEMPEST WILL BE
JUST THAT
THE TEMPEST WILL BE
JUST--

Or something. Fucking something FUCK

Why do you care how some bald retard did or didn't screamed into the mic 6 months ago on a record faggot? God you fart huffing faggots are so annoying COME AT ME fuck face. Why is this band so cool to you guys anyway? Cuz 15 yrs ago you liked a song. Congratulations.

torn between Invincible and Descending, depends on mood. Culling Voices is the only track I haven't enjoyed no matter how many times I listen to this album

prove me wrong by posting something better with the same degree of lyrical AND sonic beauty retard

>Favorite
Pneuma and Fear Inoculum
>Least favorite
7empest

Okay cool. I know my booklet must be real, it is the coolest one I've seen, but the black case that goes over the cd case with that information on the back has always wrinkle and seemed possibly fake. It is a problem in latam the same as china lol.

Descending would be the correct answer

Tje album cover is just a still from a video, you'll see when we get the physical copies, the actual album cover isn't just a picture, it's a 80 minute music video for tye album. When you turn it on, the cd case will play this endless crazy video. You can put it with you other cd collection on a shelf, invite a friend and pull it out and it will be MOVING. Very futuristic

source

I've yet to find it. That's why tool is the most unique (and best) prog metal band, they've got the chops and complexity, but the main focus and drive of the music is emotion, build and release catharsis shit, which other techy prog metal bands can't figure out how to do. Maynard not being apart of the new album knocks it down a point for me, atleast the rest of the boys more than make up for it, they still craft some moving fucking music

My ass, sorry :( just my theory as the album cover really looks like a still from an alex gray thing. Reminds me of the parabola video. Still have no clue what this mini screen cd packaging is all about.... We'll know in a couple days!

>a forum where edgelords were known to spread fake stories
What's the point of tracing a rumor on Yea Forums back to Yea Forums?

>tfw saving myself for the actual release

Attached: Ainsley.jpg (594x393, 63K)

whoa, he whipped his dong out during Happy Gilmore. so fuckin' kinky, dude.

>watching Happy Gilmore
>wait, please don't go, you're not like all the other girls
kek

wheres the rip

>4 inch disposable Chinese display inside glued to a window in a folding carton
>F U T U R E
I’m dying

no dont die, you still have to see this futuristic cd case!
ive heard it's always coming with an octopus tentacle glued to the inside of it

Keep your fantasies to yourself

You post this every thread

>those brief moments in penuma when they switch to a standard 4/4... hnnnng

take your meds

FI - 7.5
Pneuma - 10.0
Invincible - 9.2
Descending - 9.0
Culling voices - 6.7
CCT - 10.0
7empest - 10.0

How do they do it bros? How are they so good? Here's to hoping that litanie, legion and mocking beat are all continuations of CCT, I need more trippy Danny Carey blasting

The Fibonacci thing is overblown. It’s only there in the “black and white are all I see” part. Who gives a shit. The rest of the song is god tier

>remember the first time you heard the song lateralus? it was like when Neo sees matrix for the first time

lel, that's a good way to put it. mind blowing song

i love lateralus it's the best album, Ive had no musical experiences quite like when i was 16 and it finally "clicked" for me. my dad got me this BADASSS booming stereo from a pawn shop and i'd play lateralus everyday and shake the house down around me with it. id play it loud enough that it overwhelmed all my other senses and could scream/sing along with it without people being able to hear me under the music. covered in goosebumps head to toe the entire 80 minutes. i also had drumsticks and i drum along to it whacking the shit out of my bed

I've only listened to the tracks on Fear Inoculum thrice and already they've gotten stale. There's just no challenge, no inspired quality to the music. You'd think after 13 years (not of working on the album, but just living on this planet) Adam would've amassed more influences and ideas to make this thing worthwhile. As it stands, they're reaching into the same bag of tricks they've always had, minus the hooks that made their previous material memorable. Hell, a little extra vocal work from Maynard would've helped set off those repetitive, predictable chugathons.

It's Tool doing an impression of themselves to appease those asking for a new album. Looks like Tool, sounds like Tool, but it's the kind of album a non-fan would use to mock the band's lack of creativity. And I wouldn't be able to disagree with them here. Sorry lads. I'm just pissed the shelf life on this thing is as short as it is.

PS: 10,000 Days is better. I've always enjoyed it, desu. Not their best, but it's not as contrived as this.

worst album cover of the decade for a major artist

Thank You Scientist does a great job on Terraformer with it. totally different style though.

It already happened, but Hill played with Mick "Every Single Song of Mine is Rehearsed, I Never Improvise Anything" Barr.

Attached: zach hill.gif (288x288, 51K)

this song is actually about religion, he is describing a prayer position, and the rape is parents passing Christianity onto their children

Attached: 640x480.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Dude, no. He talks about needing sodomy to be whole. And the person is tied up. It has nothing to do with religion. But thanks for conveniently coming in to gaslight, Maynard

>It’s only there in the “black and white are all I see” part
No lol

Attached: lateralus_fibonacci.png (814x253, 31K)

Attached: 1566846632342.png (467x692, 54K)

See the thread where Maynard himself showed to defend the child rape allegations, then give himself away by revealing way too much and saying "im a good a person" and why are they writing bad shit about "us" meaning the band - and then he immediately deleted the posts?

That was possibly one of the funniest things I've seen on here in a while.

Schizo

is that all you got, shill?

These people trying to attack Maynard literally know nothing about touring in the 90s and 00s as a rock icon and how I operated. All lies and mental illness

I think most people are aware that the "Crowley" epoch of rock music got a little out of control at times.

Attached: 15474022988728.png (741x498, 55K)

>intro's don't matter
you need to leave

Nice try Maynard but i still love Tool

>seen this a couple times on Yea Forums
It's just the same /pol/tard seeking desperately for attention

>I dont think Aenima had one of those either
>FORTY SIX AND TWO JUST AHEAD OF ME
>LEARN TO SWIM, LEARN TO SWIM, LEARN TO SWIM
>PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
There are prently of emotionally cathartic emotional highpoints imo

I think it’s just tool, as guys pushing 60, jamming out. Every song ends up being a jam session. It’s really good for what it is, but it’s not changing the game like their previous albums did

TO RAPE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

*Explodes the drum kit*

Read behi d Prison Sex lyrics, it's all about how being raped as a childcaused him to rape
Uhh, Maynard is a rapist guys

songmeanings.com/songs/view/35154/

>Reflection, Flood and The Patient voted out in the second round
>Lateralus won, Sober made it to semi-finals
>Intension beat literally anything
Who voted on this?

Pneuma i have listened to over and over, that ones fucking good. The others are pretty fucking chug-jammy and dragging. The almost new age cheesy slirituality of pneuma is kinda sick, i'm into it. Mainly the lyrics lol.

Also, 7empest is literally just a direct rip off of frame by frame by king crimson. How has no one noticed that??

Attached: 891CC5C0-E985-402B-9635-E3130A89D140.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

Also, 7empest is literally just a direct rip off of frame by frame by king crimson. How has no one noticed that??
I've relistened to it and I don't really hear a resemblance. Care to pinpoint which part was ripped off?

Nevermind, I noticed that the intro/outro sounds very similar to frame by frame lol

At 1:07 second into frame by frame. That riff.

Sober is the worst song on undertow, and intension is the chill out song on 10kdays, and not exactly a center piece or representative of that album, pretty weird.

Guys, why do you believe those posts to be true? Everyone could make a fake slip up and if Maynard were to write on this site, he certainly would'nt make a fucking error like that, I'm not that stupid

yes i believe he posted here in a panic rage after seeing the accusation in every thread, and he put too much info that no one else but someone extremepy close to the band could know and had to delete because otherwise it makes no sense how can 'debunk' this. he fucked up

But do you know the information in his posts to be true, or did he just write a lot of details that could be thought of by anyone?

I know it to be true, yes

Crouw-ley
>Crouw-ley
Crouw-ley
>Crouw-ley
Crouw-ley
>Crouw-ley

Attached: Carlton.jpg (307x463, 17K)

Every Crowley short story is about him sacrificing animals or humans until shit goes horribly wrong and demons fuck him over. What a free-thinker!

How?

Alex Grey is a necrophile.

Descending is beautifull.

Attached: 6a00d83451c0aa69e2022ad3a2b147200b-800wi.png (600x315, 103K)

I listened to it.
Eh, the guitar and bass sound great, everything else sucks.
The drumming is cringe tier, sounds like a kid in his basement who just got his first iron cobra double kick.
Maynard is weak and the lyrics are bad.
Overall it's a Tool album, nothing special.

Yeah, I saw that stuff. He sleeps on dead bodies and shit

Where can I listen to this online without downloading it like a fucking nerd

Just listen to Lateralus and then try to imagine what it would have been like if they'd only spent like 6 months on it just doing it in their spare time.

it's the shamanistic ritual before a (dmt) trip

although i heard there's buried threads that say it's based on math somehow, but I could never find it.

doesn't the time signature during the chorus also go 9/8, 8/8, then 7/8? 987 = 16th fibonacci number

Can I get a link? Where do people even download music anymore?

This guy gets it.

Except the guitar is objectively the worst thing about Tool. Agree with everything else though

Wut?

That song is a hashish brownie recipe being recited in German and mimicking the oratory mannerisms of Hitler.

How sad is it that a meme song about making cookies is the one that best subverts audience expectations? Well, I guess it's two songs about cookies now, CCTrip completely takes you away from the soft rock dronefest, even for just a second

Culling is the best song

Is it

He sleeps WITH dead bodies. But it was for an art project so it's ok.

The last Tool song we are ever gonna get is an orange man bad rant.

Attached: Georges_de_La_Tour_009.jpg (2611x3722, 1.87M)

Jim Rose?

3 segues left, and this album is what you interpret it.

it's the downfall of humanity in different aspects.

fi = ignorance and fear being used as a weapon
pneuma = we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively
invincible = we made it through 100,000 years, now in the next 400 we're gone.
descending = fucking do something
culling voices = we use human subjectivity to blame or mislead one group against another
7empest = literal tempest, say hello to hierarchical driven climate change

fair

The very last tool song is actually called mockingbeat.

And tempest isn't about trump, it can be about edgelords on the internet killing people irl for all we know, it's vague enough.

Also, tool are releasing an album in 3/4 years. Maybe even 3 by 2026. They are too old to tour so hard like they used to, more time for studio. Also also p.s Danny is going to release a solo album and Justin will be heavily featured

With, on, in, am... It's the same shit dude is bonkers reloaded

Not everything has to be about your god emperor, even most of their anti-Bush songs went out of their way to cast a wide net so people didn't have to get so asspained.

Soft rock dronefest

I love tool and think this is retarded amd tool is HEAVY, but I'm glad this meme is never gonna die lel

The pot is about Katrina

youtu.be/2PovmYjR-eA
youtu.be/vvQYJc70_eI
youtu.be/xARKR6i-RHs

>tears in my eyes chasing Cam de Leon's phantoms

>Fear In Oculum
>Fear In the Eye

Attached: 1_zqp8P7tbSIaXiHQZYPq5jQ.png (860x163, 33K)

we did it reddit!

That's Maynard's Reddit account

he's posting in the tool is the best band thread too. he is so obsessed with assholes. maynard, stop raping little boys in the ass you pig

>Got INVITED to a grown mans hotel room
>Goes anyway.

Women really are fucking retards, huh?

Attached: 1558745337290.jpg (477x500, 21K)

>Satan chimed in to vindicate Maynard

SEETHING

Attached: Ocular-Orifice-poster-by-Cam-de-Leon.jpg (1000x746, 134K)

>kidnaps an 8 year old
>ties him up
>anally rapes him
why dob't these silly kids just say no to maynard?

i blame the parents tb_honest.

Naturally you would, Maynard

>INVITED

If a satanic ritual involving molesting a child got you a massively successful record per child, would you do it? I figure I could coast off of the success of one or two records.

interesting way to confess, maynay

Descending, then Pneuma

The former really sound like a top tier 10/10 Tool song, everything is there

Invincible > Pneuma > 7empest > Descending > Culling Voices > Fear Inoculum

Wow.

I've only heard Fear Inoculum and I think it's the greatest song I've ever listened to.

I am so hyped.

When they played Invencible live for the first time i really had a bad feeling it was gonna suck. The live version doesnt do any justice to the studio, its so fucking terrible

Turned out to be bretty gud

>Imagine singing about how shitty you've become and will be far down in the future

Attached: oghJd.png (899x677, 614K)

my understanding is that they will also be single band member feature tracks.

Hi, Mr. Paid Shill

Fuck off asshole.

I'm sorry that I'm the only one on this board who hasn't stolen the 64kbps mp3 leak.

Disembodied voices deepen my
Suspicious tendencies.

Why didn't shitty mods think ahead and create a "Muh Tool 2019 Drama" sticky thread well in advance, merging all stub Tool threads into it?

The djenty chunk was really fun at Chicago Open air. You're right though, Descending was way more appealing of the two and it didnt do the studio version much justice.

They still put oin a killer live show.

Why did they fight in court with Cam de Leon again? They owed him for use of his artwork (old albums/merch still on sale etc.) and didn't want to pay him?

Their PR people would have you think he was told he was the "fifth member of the band," and so he sued out of bitterness when Alex Grey become Tool's new bff.
So basically that's made-up and they probably really screwed him on money somehow, yeah, and just based on what I've seen of their cohort, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to bully him a la Scientology/NXIVM on the way there.

They settled with Cam really fast and are on good terms (Cam was allowed to join Maynard in the next sex magick ritual with kids).

Tbh the Alex Grey shit grew stale by 10kdays, and now we are getting yet more of it with FI. I'd prefered Cam to come back and keep doing Tool album artwork, it's much more varied and interesting as opposed to the Alex Grey one-trick-pony which they have been stuck with since forever for whatever reason.

>SOUND THE DREAD ALARM
>THROUGH THE PRIMAL BODY

>SOUND THE REVEILLE
>TO BE OR NOT BE

>RISE
>STAY THE GRAND FINALE
>STAY THE READING OF OUR SWAN SONG AND EPILOGUE

>ONE
>DRIVE
>TO
>STAY
>ALIVE

>ELEMENTARY
>MUSTER EVERY FIBER
>MOBILIZE
>STAY
>ALIVE

Attached: 2pn8rk.jpg (244x364, 14K)

Probably because they're all part of the same sex magick cult of pedophile rapists, and the art is part of the ritual

That ain’t happening bro. He sued the band.

>[previous thread: boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/89759953]
how fucking embarrassing

Attached: 1548329041183.jpg (600x600, 46K)

What is embarassing? The previous thread? It was the previous main Tool thread

Attached: 2dbjvotej9j31.jpg (1080x523, 35K)

its embarrassing because you are so fucking new that you can't even link a thread properly

Here
>
Happy now?

Discussion of Tool is intended to be mainly expressing opinions. Even the forum on the old main toolsite is found under "opinion".
toolshed.down.net/opinion/

How is 7empest the highest-rated track?

Attached: 6796.png (854x354, 45K)

Take your meds schizo

Fear Inoculum - 7.5/10
Pneuma - 10/10
Invincible - 9/10 with 9:34 to 10:52 edited out
Descending - 11/10
Culling Voices - 6/10
Chocolate Chip Trip - Danny/10
7empest - 8/10

Because FUCK Donald DRUMPF bro!

>7empest is "orange man bad"
when will this meme die

spot on, damn

>9:34 to 10:52 edited out
You mean to say the song overstayed its welcome?

longest track, also closer

new thread?

I think chug part that begins at 9:34 derails the song.

There is one
>
>
>

Literally every musician does this, what's your point.