I've listened to this for the first time and HOLY SHIT this is probably the scariest and most abrasive album I've ever...

I've listened to this for the first time and HOLY SHIT this is probably the scariest and most abrasive album I've ever heard in my life! There is nothing like it, it's just so good and just terrifying. Easily one of the best, if not the best albums of this decade. What did you think of it Yea Forums?

Attached: daughters.jpg (600x600, 49K)

babby's first loud record, complete shit, overrated by fantano drones who also call nu-swans and DG "experimental." just go to r/indieheads where they'll eat this kinda shit up

melon man bad!

Attached: 1558853555457.png (1000x1000, 148K)

why are you being mean to melon i'm gonna post an NPC image c-c-c-cause i can't possibly be the NPC for listening to the most successful music youtuber as my exclusive source of new music recommendations!!!!

Attached: mfw daenerys dies.png (231x218, 9K)

I have to hate all popular things to validate my tastes to my wife's boyfriend

>implying liking daughters isn't the most bok (S) chOY shit ever

Its good, but its nothing of what you said. Listen more, pleb.

>why yes, I get all my music recommendations from my local scene and obscure music blogs, how did you guess?

Attached: 1565326654917.webm (640x640, 783K)

I think you made a shit thread

WHY WON'T THE MEAN MAN JUST LET ME MINDLESSLY CONSUME AND RUIN HIS BOARD TALKING ABOUT SHIT EVERYONE'S ALREADY HEARD

Attached: mfw death grips.png (703x800, 37K)

It's a great album. Jesus everyone

you're a fucking retard but that webm made me kek super hard, thanks user

It's good, people here are just trying to dismiss it in order to be even more hispter than people who like noise.

Fucking great album, love it to bits. Check out "DROSE - Boy Man Machine" on bandcamp. Completely different, but holds on to the creepy and scary vibes.

no, the people who are dismissing it are the people who actually like noise music and not this raffi shit. also using the word "hipster," especially in the comparative, is the most plebbit thing possible

its amazing how you all out yourselves as completely clueless in noise music with just one post

This is copypasta right?

Can somebody explain what the FUCK does "abrasive" mean in musical sense? I know what abrasive surfaces are, but for the love of God I get confused each time I see some music described as that.

>noise
This is a pop album, user.

>overrated by fantano drones
God I hate newfags so much. This album was plastered all over Yea Forums from the moment it came out (and even before because it got leaked) and was immediately beloved and praised by everyone, with petitions to include it into Yea Forumscore and similar. Fantano's review only came like two weeks (or even more?) after its release and most Yea Forumstants had already listened to it and started loving it by then. Giving him credit for this album's reputation is completely idiotic and sign of massive newfaggotry.

I mean, the only other place I talk about music is full of noise musicians signed to independent labels, and none of them pretend to hate popular music just for being popular.

accurate

Even during that short period, there was a vocal minority of screeching incels who think every album that generates organic hype on Yea Forums is just being shilled by a record label. Same thing happened to Lingua Ignota and Black Midi. None of those people are here to find or discuss new music, and none of them will give an album a try until a critic they hate gives it a good score.

fpwp

that is 100% true
the album was always dogshit though and the anons praising it were deaf retards

what are some good noise music albums? merzbow literally gives me a headache and causes me physical pain

well neither do i

That's like asking what's a good ASMR video to watch, it depends entirely on what works for you. Do you like noise rock or industrial music at all?

i mean, that is how a lot of noise music sounds. i assume you're talking about pulse demon, which isnt particularly good but if its giving you a headache its possible that you dont like noise music
alternatively, since were in merzbow already, just see how you feel about venereology or hybrid noisebloom

This album sucks... total absence of any kind of dynamic and progression it's just like listening to a constant rant. If it wasn't for production merits this would be total trash. Mind this is a comment that comes from one who listens almost exclusively noise/industrial rock

i haven't listened to it
should i bother?

>filename
based

Listen to merzbeat

>great noise rock album comes out
>noise fans bitch and moan that people need to listen to their favorite distorted radio transmission albums

Oh, I wasn't referring to this album, just literally every noise rock album to come out since the start of Yea Forums

It's best to listen to their discography in order, they started out as a really unique and original mathcore band. YWGWYW is a lot slower and more obviously influenced by stuff like Killing Joke and NIN.

I like Downward Spiral which is kind of industrial.
I like some Death Grips songs which might be considered noise rock like Hot Head and Gmail and the Restraining Orders.
Haven't listened to a lot of either genres to be honest.

just skimmed through it and its a lot better than pulse demon. I could maybe get into this.

Here's your noise rock bro

Attached: noiserockguide.png (3986x3002, 1.96M)

It’s a good album but listening to it sometimes just makes me wanna listen to Confusion is Sex

Listen to Midcity by clipping and Absence by Dalek, see if they do anything for you. Going from zero experience with abrasive music straight to Merzbow is just going to result in culture shock.

YWGWYW compared to The Downward Spiral enhance all its flaws. On the surface they're similar but while listening to it you recognize how good TDS is and mediocre the other one is

It's a lot better at dynamics than most other merzbow

aight bro cheers for the recs

I don't really know how much they have in common as individual projects, TDS is arguably the most detailed and dynamic album of its kind. I think YWGWYW has a lot more in common with something like Bad Witch.

I'm liking Distorted Prose

Nice, Dalek has a really consistent discography, can't really go wrong with any of their projects.

I mean less sex is a NIN rip off as for the rest of the record... but the same could be said for Bad Witch

purposefully making the audio aggitating at parts, it could also refer to any darker concepts the album has.

it aint the best chart but at LEAST it doesnt have dinosaur jr or dfa

Is that Lingua Ignota album good? I thought that was just posted by one person like the Loafposter. I hate that guy

She's not for everyone. I really like the album, saw her open for The Body a while back, great show.

i want to like it but it sounds like a faggot whining about domestic issues that I will never even have the chance to experience so I can't relate

I think it's good, give it a try, it's really accessible too.

Is not that extreme really unless you are a newfag for noise, drone or no wave. A lot of Black metal probably gets a similar effect too. That said, agree that maybe was the best album from 2018

Based truthposter.

This is true, but still Fantano gave Daughters a boost and a new retarded fanbase. Good for the band i guess, they make bigger numbers, but the drones are annoying

I feel compassion for Guest House

9.5/10

Music blogs are mindless consumption.

I feel compassion for Quest Hose

9.5/10

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY WHEN PEOPLE COME UNDONE

it's literally the 2nd greatest album of the decade after nick cave-skeleton tree