”Hey you like jazz, right user? You should come over and listen to records with me sometime...

>”Hey you like jazz, right user? You should come over and listen to records with me sometime. I just got Scenery on vinyl!”

Attached: 779D9572-6281-4059-8EBF-6DBCB2ECDA9B.jpg (982x982, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY
youtube.com/watch?v=cRekLSSWhtg
youtube.com/watch?v=32Mtmfcn84A
youtube.com/watch?v=sVvpxCu0Zxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off with this algorithm wank

I don't really like this album but that still sounds like a fun time.

I’m going to guess this person’s “jazz collection” consists of:

Scenery
A Love Supreme
Bitches Brew or In A Silent Way
1 Sun Ra album
And many one or two other token hard bop or free jazz albums.

*rants for 78th time about how Scenery is newbie jazz feeling superior to others because of his master knowledge of the matter*

Why are you jazz heads so pretentious? My god, not even metalfags are that bad.
>A Love Supreme? That's such a commoner record!
>You actually LIKE Bitches Brew? Heheh, I remember being 15 as well.

Nobody said any of those were even bad records. Stop projecting.

I didn't either. But jazz snobs see something like Mingus Ah Um as an album someone likes and act so uppity when that person talks about the genre.

When the music is pretentious it’s understandable the fans would be

>”Hey you like jazz, right user?
Hmmm, no I don't think so!

Attached: 1530884408818.jpg (540x540, 55K)

I think jazz “snobs” mostly get annoyed when people who’ve heard 10 jazz albums in their life proclaim Scenery to be some kind of masterpiece and then get butthurt if anyone disagrees.

popular bad

True

if it bothers you so much stop listening to entry-level garbage then

so the person has better taste than 95% of Yea Forums

what's the problem?

>But jazz snobs see something like Mingus Ah Um as an album someone likes and act so uppity when that person talks about the genre.
Not true. Someone who posts about Mingus Ah Um in a /jazz/ might not get a tonne of replies because it's an album that's been talked to death but nobody is gonna say you have bad taste for liking it because it's so obviously a great record.
Scenery is a different story because it isn't a particularly unique or interesting record when you've heard a decent amount of cool jazz or hard bop.
Jazzfags who troll people obviously new to the genre for finding a record they like are undoubtedly a big reason Yea Forumstants who listen to some jazz don't post in /jazz/. Which is a shame, even if seeing rockists getting butthurt is funny. It doesn't tend to be records like Kind of Blue and Mingus Ah Um that get you made fun of though.

lmao those are all fantastic fuckin records, just stop trying to insinuate that Scenery -- a hard bop album that's just okay -- somehow can stand up to classics that have stood the test of time for decades

keep in mind that people who share their jazz opinions here are usually rich white college kids, not all jazzheads are like that

I don't think that ever happens just because someone likes a famous album, it's because someone has only heard several famous albums and already considers themselves a jazz expert, kinda like fantano
also when people keep posting unremarkable albums like Scenery over and over, or claim Kemasi Washington is the best jazzman of all time or whatever

>and already considers themselves a jazz expert, kinda like fantano
youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY
What are you talking about? Fantano totally knows loads about jazz.

LMAO the Wikipedia articles for those albums have more information about what makes them unique and memorable albums than he does in this video. It’s like he googled “best cool jazz albums” and listened to them each once and then made a video about it.

This

fucking youtube anime kids not even bothering to study jazz and only think in memes

This is a pretty good jazz album, not sure what people get so bent out of shape for. I also don't really understand why it got popular.

Attached: 1566279913761.jpg (1650x1800, 187K)

Scenery = Zoomer
Portrait in Jazz = Boomer

Charlie Parker feels like the only lad worth listening that's into hard bop.

Besides him, I only listen to free jazz. (Besides other genres, jazz is for comfy days)

he knows fucking nothing, he just recommends the albums you're "supposed to" like
which works with classics but in combination with new releases shows his ignorance and helps create the phenomenon of tourist meme jazz like Kemasi or Shabaka
>not sure what people get so bent out of shape for. I also don't really understand why it got popular.
that is exactly why people get so bent out of shape
it's a decent if generic album that got popular because of youtube algorithms, being japanese and having cool cover art and now it's treated as some kind of must-see classic as a consequence of that

Nah, nah bro he's an expert. He listened to all three hours of The Epic.
youtube.com/watch?v=cRekLSSWhtg

my top three jazz albums are lounge lizard s/t, sun ra lanquidity or night of the purple moon, and mingus ah um

Metalfags are the exact opposite, nobody has anything bad to say about Black Sabbath or Venom. You're pretty much not allowed to say that modern bands are superior or you'll get the old "um ackshually" from some fat nasty neckbeard queer who claims to have heard an unrealistic amount of metal, despite having extremely redundant taste.

>and now it's treated as some kind of must-see classic as a consequence of that
In a way, the strange virality and polarized opinions about it have turned it in to an important and regularly talked about album. Not because it had an impact on jazz music but because it's had an impact on online jazz discourse.

>The Epic 9/10
Holy shit, how come his "career" didn't tank right then and there? This just shows such a shallow and hip-hop derived view of jazz. I knew he was a pleb and ignorant, but this is truly embarrassing

>Holy shit, how come his "career" didn't tank right then and there?
This doesn't sound like a joke but it must be. It's too divorced from reality to be anything else.

it's only embarrassing to jazzheads which are probably like 0.01% of his fanbase
fantano doesn't give a fuck about jazz, he reviews like one jazz album a year and it's always meme jazz for people who don't listen to jazz but like the "ethnic image" or whatever

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't reviewed Scenery yet as a "classic review" or whatever

>I'm honestly surprised he hasn't reviewed Scenery yet as a "classic review" or whatever
That would be hysterical. Maybe we should spam him to try get him to review it?

>youtube algorithms
Are you implying it was arbitrary and not music nerds paying Youtube to shill their videos?

Stop listening to Scenery
Start listening to Sorcerer
youtube.com/watch?v=32Mtmfcn84A

based af

wasn't it?
who in the world would pay youtube to promote an old japanese jazz album

This.
Miles' Second Quntet > The rest of his career
youtube.com/watch?v=sVvpxCu0Zxw