Can we stop acting like this is actually a good album...

Can we stop acting like this is actually a good album? GNR has like 3 songs that are actually good but otherwise are a completely forgettable band from an even more forgettable genre: hair metal.

Attached: 91ksS-ioRpL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1497, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8jPP01GvD8
youtube.com/watch?v=9RIeycixkK8
youtube.com/watch?v=4koxqnr1P7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty solid. What do you dislike about it?

I think most of my gripes with it comes from Axl Rose's singing mainly. As I said, I don't really get hair metal but like I don't even think I can respect it as I don't really understand the influence they had on rock as a whole. Like sweet child of mine is a pretty good song till Axl Starts moaning a bunch and welcome to the jungle is alright till the whole "YOURE IN THE JUNGLE BABYY YOURE GONNA DIEEE" part. Paradise City is a pretty solid track because it doesn't have any of that shit though.

Its So Easy is there best track by far. It kicks ass.

Slash is such a terrible guitarist. Every single solo he ever played sounds exactly the same

"YOURE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEE"
Is the best part in the whole album lol pleb
>I dont think I can respect it
What this really means is : "The narratives I've bought into don't allow me to form an unbiased opinion on certain kinds of music"

I understand why someone would find Axl's voice annoying but he is an objectively good singer. Your personal preferences are not a valid criticism and dismissing the band in its entirety because of the vocals is also not fair.

How have they influenced music?

He's not terrible, he's pretty competent and does his job, he is pretty basic yeah but the band isn't trying to be complex exactly

Why does it matter? Lmao @ your brainwashed pitchfork/fantano drone ass

>le Nirvana and Melvins fanboy strikes again
Ok soiboi, I'll repeat the same shit that gets repeated in every one of these clone threads you make.

If you think Gn'R is "hair metal" not only do you not know what glam metal is in the first place, but you don't know anything about rock or metal music pre the 90's alternative scene at all like you continually prove every time you make this thread and learn nothing.

>Axls voice is so annoying
Okay, you're welcome to think that. Plenty of people enjoy his voice and you're not changing their minds with your incessant ranting and tantrum throwing. And personal preferences aside, Axl is an undeniably talented singer with an amazing range....you might not like the sound of his voice, but you can't deny he has an incredible voice.

Attached: punchafaggot.jpg (970x450, 68K)

Fucking based. The heaps of praise this album gets is hilarious. I do commend them though for being able to fool an entire generation into thinking a generic hair metal record with a slightly bluesy and gritty sheen was anything special, because clearly their deception paid off.

Watch Brian Setzer mog him.
youtube.com/watch?v=V8jPP01GvD8

What about the sound of a throat cancer patient doing a bad robert plant impression do you enjoy?

>generic
Name one (1) band that sounds like guns n roses

If you took any number of 80s glam metal bands, stripped down their production ever so slightly, and taught the guitarist some basic blues rock licks, you'd have Guns N Roses. And their secret identities as insipid hacks only became more obvious with later albums.

I don't think anyone here under 30 likes this album

Oh cool so you can't name a single band that sounds like them
I don't think "hacks" write hit single after hit single after hit single
But you're free to believe anything you want if it makes you feel more special

Based and quadspilled

Hair metal kills the indiehead

Nice digits. Velvet Revolver sound the same just replace Weinland with Janis Joplin

>a band that has 3 former GnR members in it sounds like GnR
Crazy

It matters because at least then even if I don't like it then at least it adds a level of respect to it.

What is "influential" or "innovative" is dictated by music critics and the music industry's promotion, not by the artists actually being influential or innovative themselves.
The same way death grips will be hailed as innovative and influential for decades to come but the industrial rap groups that came 10-15 years before them will be forgotten.
It's all fake, it literally does not matter and should have zero influence on your opinion of music.

On a serious note Skid Row kinda sound the same
youtube.com/watch?v=9RIeycixkK8
Guns N Roses were smart to not saturate the drums with reverb. GNR still sound fresh. The rest of the Skid Row track have the GnR aesthetic.

>What is "influential" or "innovative" is dictated by music critics and the music industry's promotion

Attached: quote-the-first-velvet-underground-album-only-sold-10-000-copies-but-everyone-who-bought-it-brian-en (850x400, 69K)

Because it was the "in" thing to do, it was dictated by niche critics that the album should become "influential"

I don't think that is the case. Big Star's #1 Record, was heavily influential to pop music as a whole and was not too popular or promoted at the time. Then, you look at things that grow in popularity over time like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea which got mediocre reviews when originally released.

And you believe that them receiving loads of attention out of nowhere is a completely organic thing?

The rhythm guitar style is a bit similair but the chord progressions during the verses and choruses of skidrow are pretty different

It could very much be a combination of multiple things. I think advertising and journalism help but the quality of music to the listening audience.

What do you want from my life?

The music has to be of competent quality yeah, but most people who fall in love with albums like this are basically people that have very little experience of music outside of the mainstream.
That kind of audience, the fantano, pitchfork, rym charts, metacritic people, It's a very big audience, and a very tourist audience, you could pitch them any album from any music genre that is currently not mainstream and they will love it, if you say enough good things about it and have the credentials of a music critic.

True, like I still don't get what people like so much about Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! but that's a completely different topic in itself

We are talking about influence here. Not about being well liked in more or less niche circles.

You think fantano, pitchfork is niche?
Lmao

You said that the Velvet Underground were hyped by niche critics.
It's not about whether people like you/were convinced to like you or not, it's about whether those people want to imitate you/can create something viable while imitating you or not.

Influence isn't a measurable thing, there are only anecdotes, but I'd wager guns n roses were all around more influential to pop music than lou reed ever was, solely because of how many albums they sold

>And their secret identities as insipid hacks only became more obvious with later albums.
What?

I don't think Gn'R and Skid Row sound the same, similar? Sure....you could put them in the same general pocket, but they sound very different to me...that's like saying Megadeth sounds the same as Metallica, there are similarities but clear differences too.

>heavily influential to pop music as a whole
Yeah if by that you mean Teenage Fanclub

Nah its great. Definitely a timeless generational rock n roll record.

Also GNR isn't hair metal. You don't have to like GNR but at least know what you're talking about jfc.

They are closer to hard rock and classic heavy metal than to glam metal. Learn the lore fucking zoomer

Go back to Nirvana faggot, this is for real men

Axl sounds like Snarf but I can enjoy his voice when it's cock rocky, my biggest gripe is how many fucking ballads they have. I saw them live a few years ago, the cockrock songs are great but like 60% of the setlist was soft dick bullshit. Who the fuck likes Knockin on Heaven's Door or Don't Cry?

Attached: Screenshot_Snarf.jpg (320x240, 15K)

In the tradition of the Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols, Guns N' Roses was a band of psychopaths, delinquents, sex maniacs, junkies and alcoholics who liked to show and sound what they were. Appetite For Destruction (1987) was as harrowing an experience as being catapulted into a dark narrow alley of the worst Los Angeles neighborhood. William "Axl Rose" Bailey's nasty, offensive, anti-heroic vocal acrobatics fended off the double-guitar attack of Saul "Slash" Hudson and Jeff "Izzy Stradlin" Isabell, who indulged in unbridled concertos of screeching and reckless riffs. The noise, the energy, the lyrics transformed each song into a bloody fistfight. 8/10

Attached: 1517730892913.gif (330x422, 975K)

Their roastie normie fanbase, so most of their fans really.

I like the ballads. Don't Cry and Civil War, namely. November Rain is great but a bit overblown and theatric, gotta be in the right mood for it. Knockin On Heavens Door is remarkable for making an unlistenable Bob Dylan song have some power.

Patience just sucks, hate that song.

you need to check your testosterone levels, yuppie

>hair metal
They were not really "hair metal"...so, if you are wrong about this....

AFD is a mean and nasty album. It is a raw and genuine statement - pent up angst from their degen street life. If you think it sucks then you are a pleb who hasnt a clue as to what good rock and roll really is.

guns n roses sounds like Motley Crue

kek not even close

>guns n roses sounds like Motley Crue

Attached: 1566929895190.jpg (540x149, 34K)

If Axl fronted a new wave band...
youtube.com/watch?v=4koxqnr1P7E

AC DC and Aerosmith

Early aerosmith would've been an ok comparison but AC DC put you into retard territory

Gn'R obviously influenced by those bands, but no dice.

my apologies let me rephrase
GnR sounds like a cheap faggoty pop version of Motley Crue

it's just decrepit boomers

>le 80s tranny badboy
>sounding anything like Axl Rose
example?

>GnR sounds like a cheap faggoty pop version of Motley Crue
You're either trolling or retarded. Gn'R at no point ever released songs poppier than Motley Crue's poppiest.

you got me
the only band mentioned that i give a shit about is the best one mentioned...
AC/DC

Meh, can't argue with that. I think I like every band mentioned ITT but AC/DC are kings, pure rock n' roll.

i heard them my whole life, but seeing them live changed everything. what a fucking great band.

Angus has more energy as a geezer than I do at 30, God bless him.