I won't blame you for liking it...

I won't blame you for liking it, but you have to admit that this is a huge step for them towards radio-friendliness and pop. This is their least metal album so far.

Attached: popknot.jpg (745x745, 59K)

honestly, you're not wrong. slipknot losing fehn unironically made them lose their edge. kinda shameful if you ask me.
discord. gg/r7vgMX9

So I guess the title of the record should be We Are Your Kind?

>this is a huge step for them towards radio-friendliness and pop
Big disagree. Normies won't listen to this.

>Slipknot
>Normies won't listen to this
It's Slipknot, mate. They have always been a very normie-inclusive band.

then what do you call .5: The Gray Chapter? That was their gayest album

Yes, but it was a bad metal album, not a pretty good pop rock album.

>Band that's been mainstream and radio friendly for over a decade
>"his is a huge step for them towards radio-friendliness"

What the fuck timeline is this?

That was when rock was dying, not dead.

FUCK SLIPKNOT
FUCK MAGGOTS
AND FUCK NIGGERS
THIS IS A TOOL THREAD NOW
LISTEN TO FEAR INOCULUM

Attached: tool fear inoculum.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

>listening to the physical release
I'll wait for the full version.

lol slipknot is the most normie friendly metal band ever

I've never been a Slipknot fan but I've always respected them, and I agree 100%, this is pure radio rock pap. Before they had the heaviness that would sound good in any metal festival line up. This has a tiny bit of that, but it sounds more like the pseudo-metal radio rock of a band like Killswitch Engage. The clean parts sound almost like post-grunge, or like you could listen to them alongside Disturbed or even Imagine Dragons. It's honestly a little strange that they're getting this accessible and streamlined, while having (admittedly borderline-mainstream) extreme metal bands like Gojira and Behemoth open for them.

Did we listen to the same album? It's so glossy and pop, I don't know how you could say that.

I don't know dude, did you hear the stuff that came out after Iowa a before WANYK? This is probably their most aggressive album in a while, sure it has clean melodic choruses, but it is still fairly heavy, most importantly, it's a step forward musically.

Most of the Heavy Metal bands and Thrash Metal bands are normie friendly as fuck, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer.

I wish that emoji was actually part of the album art

AHIG is much darker and more aggressive than this.

Based and toolpilled

nigga did you even hear the red flag/nero forte/orphan riffs?

It's pretty fucking lame so far, bro. The drums are good, everything else is bland.

I always get the feeling die-hard Tool fans never listened to 70s prog like Can, Faust, or early Brian Eno, or never listened to prog metal like Devin Townsend, or never listened to post-bop like Charles Mingus, or afro-jazz like Fela Kuti, or hard bop like Art Blakey, or post-punk like Killing Joke or Pere Ubu, or post-metal like Jesu or Neurosis, or industrial like Einstürzende Neubauten, SPK, or Test Dept., or mathcore like Converge, etc. because they just sound so bland and tame, even compared to their own contemporaries like NIN. So to say they're so mind-blowing or the greatest thing ever at least seems to indicate the listener has no idea what else is out there.

If you only go by Gematria, sure, but;
>Psychosocial
>Snuff
>Dead Memories, literally has a hint of Post-Grunge and Hard rock in it

>because they just sound so bland and tame, even compared to their own contemporaries like NIN.
Tool is far heavier than most of NIN.
NIN isn't even metal.

literally any non extreme metal band is normie friendly.

I am the biggest NIN autist there is f a m. And as mainstream-y Slipknot are, they are far heavier than most of NIN. Especially when you look at both bands as a whole.
Iowa is pretty much heavier than any NIN.
Fuck's sake, take it from Trent Reznor himself;
>Trent Reznor. "Me and Greg [Fidelman], our engineer, were sitting at the mixing desk listening to this shit. [Producer Rick] Rubin comes down — this is at his house — with Trent and I shake Trent's hand.
>'Why don't you just play that song, let Trent hear it.' I fucking cranked it up, and right after the song, Trent was like, 'Dude, I gotta go lay down, I feel like a pussy now!' It was awesome! That's Trent Reznor right behind me. It was cool. A really, really humbling experience, the fact that he would say something like that about our new record. He's a lovely guy."

>lol slipknot is the most normie friendly metal band ever

That depends on how far we're stretching the definition of metal and how much "nu" and "alt" metal you're willing to accept....

Because I would say Deftones, Linkin Park, and Disturbed all have a more normie audience than Slipknot, who's audience is still full of more edgelords with dyed neon flaps of hair covering half their zitty pierced up face

Being normie friendly isn't always a case of being less or more "xtreem", it's more about what is palatable to the normie, and usually this comes down to things like how normal the band looks, what their overall aesthetic is, what their lyrical themes are.....

A band like IDK, Mastodon might technically be heavier in some sense of the word than Black Sabbath, but far more "bro dudes" are into them because they have the same haircut and their imagery can be aseen as ironic/hipster

Attached: deftones.jpg (300x390, 29K)

>slipknot
>TOOL
>being so controlled by an obsessive need to be contrary that you follow the trend of not following trends
>being so controlled
at least Yea Forums contraries used to have decent taste. this shit is just a bad phase.

Not nearly as much as .5 Gray Chapter half of those songs scream radio rock

take that stick out of your ass.

Bad Witch and NTAE are heavier than all of Slipknot.

>slipknot
>not pop
2/10 made me respond

Attached: ddddd.gif (458x438, 103K)

Fanboying Tool is the same level of lame as fanboying Radiohead or Burzum, don't fool yourself.

should I bother? I genuinely enjoyed everything up to vol 3