Do you like Thin Lizzy?

Do you like Thin Lizzy?

I know "The Boys are Back in Town" is such a cliche boomer rock radio song, but I can't stop listening. I genuinely love that song. I would love to hear more of their work.

Attached: thin.jpg (1501x1000, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epIxcH_As4s
youtube.com/watch?v=XsGl-0pzEEc
youtube.com/watch?v=CyncA0lq1xw
youtube.com/watch?v=wFaHMAHhUgM
youtu.be/dMko8DlY9IA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2nVyHmHaSQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss macho mainstream rock. I think rock became irrelevant because all the singers are swoyboys that sound like girls an are afraid to say anything that can possibly be seen as non-PC

I have emerald and jailbreak on my driving playlist

based

i think it's time for you to hit the hay old man

I'm a 24 year old and I listen to a lot of contemporary pop, hip hop, and R&B. But rock is not relevant like those genres are, partially because the testosterone has been drained from it

You're kinda right in a way, but don't forget the last time hyper masculine rock was mainstream it was fucking Nickleback 5 finger death punch type shit instead of the actually musically good bands back in the day that still fucked bitches and lived the whole rockstar lifestyle. That may have led to some backlash.

Thin Lizzy are fucking great and could write interesting original hard rock, and it'd be good for bands like them to get play on modern rock radio over the Imagine Dragons, indie pop sö y latte neutered shit, bland buttrock, etc they play now.

Waiting For An Alibi>The Boys are Back in Town
youtube.com/watch?v=epIxcH_As4s

dancing in the moonlight is one of the best songs ever made
and don't give me that boomer shit i'm only 29

youtube.com/watch?v=XsGl-0pzEEc
You're welcome

Gary is God
youtube.com/watch?v=CyncA0lq1xw

Johnny the fox.

One of my favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see them, with Gary Moore, on the Black Rose tour.

Dive in, there's a lot of good music there. The early stuff is more folky types stuff, but Fighting through Bad Reputation are all worth getting. Live And Dangerous is one of the best live albums ever made, and if you want, check out the Philly '77 bootleg on Youtube, a lot of that album is from that show.

youtube.com/watch?v=wFaHMAHhUgM

oh user youre in store for adreat next few months of music holy smokes i wish i could go back to my first time hearing thin lizzy!

youtu.be/dMko8DlY9IA

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.38.41 AM.png (696x653, 1.02M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2nVyHmHaSQ

Kills me that the Kirk from Metallica has the Greeny goldtop now.

>tfw was offered to see their new band "black star riders" and i didn't go because I didn't know they were thin Lizzy v2

I don't know why I posted goldtop. Probably because I was looking at them before.

Jailbreak [Mercury, 1976]
The proof of how desperate people are for new Springsteen is in how they'll settle for this, even. Songs like "The Boys are Back in Town" are the sort of thing that ends up in Bruce's wastebasket. If Irish teen traumas are as boring as Phil Lynott's descriptions of them, then it's no wonder they have trouble keeping their birthrate up. And if they're as secondhand as Scott Gorham's guitar lines, then the Irish will probably end up preferring Springsteen too. C

Attached: christgau4.jpg (300x225, 16K)

Rec me some Lizzyesque Springsteen cuts

A good band that never quite found a US following, probably because they weren't loud and bombastic enough for American teens the way Priest, Van Halen, and AC/DC were.

This album is far more important than he will ever realize.

>that still fucked bitches and lived the whole rockstar lifestyle
I think that's the thing that bugs me about bands like Nickleback. They were fake as hell. Like much of the shit they sung about in songs like "Rockstar" probably never fucking happened. I think the only tough thing they ever did was drinking a lot of beer and that's it.

scott goram said in an interview a while ago that lizzy never made it in america because they couldn't ever play enough gigs there to make a name for themselves because of phil's sickness from the heroin.
sounds plausible to me but who knows

every fucking rockstar at the time was on smack, so i find that hard to believe. i think it's more due to what said, their sound was pretty different to other hard rock bands of the time and just didn't fit america's taste in music.