Just a reminder that this is awesome and is objectively the best tool album...

just a reminder that this is awesome and is objectively the best tool album, fight me trig nerds "oooo fibonacci oooo odd time signatures" fuck off

Attached: tool.jpg (600x600, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2vc1LXnB62E
riverfronttimes.com/musicblog/2019/05/13/tool-would-be-a-better-band-without-maynard-james-keenan
youtube.com/watch?v=V0YPZhaaRqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

goatse.cx

Not gonna fight you because I very much agree. Also like Aenima. I loved when they didn't take their pseudo mystic imagery too seriously.
youtube.com/watch?v=2vc1LXnB62E

I don't disagree, although Aenima is about as good. All downhill after that.

i don’t like tool but i find the fan base very endearing

Attached: 18D01395-7546-4502-98F9-AE4A8B182BF2.jpg (473x485, 56K)

Undertow sans Disgustipated is a great album, Aenima feels like a happier Undertow + schtick. Everything after was just schtick, I'm annoyed that people fell for it so hard

Undertow is pre great, it’s just not as interesting as their next 3 records.

Aenima for me. Undertow is Tool lite

Opiate is the best Tool album because the short runtime means I get to hear as little of them as possible

The idea of that Lateralus in any way is "downhill" is hilarious. I wish more downhill albums were that good.

still looking for even ONE tool song with a decent guitar tone

I liked lateralus. But as the years go by, I found in it a sense of pompous mysticism unbearable.
I agree on undertow and aenima as far better cause they feel better, and less "let's go mystical obscure kabal radical chic guys".
I get it. Fibonacci.
The holder ratio is used also in aquascaping acquariums and in photography and in construction works, and in painting, and in nature.
It's not that they've invented the golden ratio, or the cold fusion pt. 2 : this time the fusion works by tool.

*golden ratio (friggin autocorrect) sorry.

In order to survive you, I must first survive myself
*duun* da* *duun*

Ænima > Undertow > Opiate > Lateralus > 10k Days

Fight me prog nerds

Still better lyrics than the last drone fest lyrics type "illusioooon, paaaaaain, soooul eteeernalll warrior of old shield and swooord" it seems like going to church.
Rollins was intense man :)

Undertow > Ænima > Opiate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of their discography

Slight correction.

Am I the only one who doesn't rank albums? Like each album was trying to do something different.

Been a pretty big tool fanboy for at least 15 years now. And this has always been my favorite album.
It's raw, and I'm partial to the more aggressive music of the 90's which this has in spades.
I tell people, if you're a fan of Maynard belting it out, no album has more Maynard screams per capita than Undertow.
It's great, the songs are tight, get the the point and do it efficiently. I love their later work too, but sometimes all the meandering is exhausting.

90s guitar tone is shite milkshakes tho

yeah, you're so special, you stupid cunt

what's the schtick, exactly?

That is true. Can't defend the quality of the sound across the board lol. Probably my biggest gripe about album.

Aenima > Lateralus > Undertow/Opiate > Fear Inoculum > 10,000 Days

But none of them are bad albums. I go back and forth on Aenima and Lateralus.

sober helped me get off crystal meth

The whole Fibonacci thing is overblown by fans. The way they came up with the concept was trivial, even the band members have said this. But Lateralus is still top tier. I really dont know how anyone who liked undertow and Aenima can say it's bad or "downhill" you're either being contrarian or simply it's not for you, which is understandable since it carries a different htme that the previous ones, but it's ridiculous to say it's bad.

Lateralus fags aren't even Tool fans anyways. They're the ones who shit on every Tool thread on this board and don't contribute anything to the discussion.

Aenima>10,000 Days>Lateralus>Undertow>Opiate
FTFY

I don't know why everybody mentions the stupid fibonacci gimmick so often when talking about Tool. It's the most boring part of one of the weakest songs off of Lateralus.

Attached: 1525266738345.png (857x264, 32K)

t. tattooed fuckboy rocking Van 501's and a Beastie Tee.

Lateralus takes you on a spiritual musical journey. Every other album is just some good songs.

it's not even a concept album.

cause my fear is naked
im naked and fearless
AND MY FEAR IS NAKEEEEEEEEEEEEDDD

Aenima is their best record. Undertow is way more consistent than everything else, though.

based billy

>*hits pipe*
>Fuck your tattoos
>is tattooed
>Fret for your latte
>has most likely bought a latter in his life
>fret for you lawsuit
>has been in litigation for a decade
>Fret for your hairpiece
>has changed hairstyle every fucking day
>The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
>has a fucking wine business in california

Damn Maynard is deep

>"""lachrymology"""

>3 years between Undertow and Aenima
>5 years between Aenima and Lateralus, or between Lateralus and 10k Days
>8 years between Undertow and Lateralus
>13 years between 10k Days and Fear Inoculum
literal fibonacci right there

The Pot is their best song
fight me

Tool's songs where they openly embrace that they're just a buttrock band are the best

Used to hate The Pot. I fucking love it these days.

I like how yo conveniently sneak:
>or between Lateralus and 10k Days

fucking Fibonacci fags are the worst.

Big if true

>8 years between Undertow and lateralus

huh? so what? you sound like that old man that predicted the end of days just by making a bunch of random connections. I think it Adam that said one day they were sitting around and a friend brought up the fibonacci sequence and Maynard was like woah that sounds cool lets do something with that. Thats it.

Maynard's Dick

Long buttrock songs with 2deep4theaveragelistener lyrics that get blown way out of proportion. Undertow was straightforward other than the closer, Aenima had a couple of long songs but it wasn't as exhausting because it still had short songs like Stinkfist and Jimmy. I might have even liked FI if it had a Jimmy in it but every fucking song other than CCTrip had to be over 10 fucking minutes long because that's what they fucking do now.

Fear is the closest Tool album to Undertow

Not that user, but I feel like their reputation as "wow so deep" is way out of proportion. I think they can be interesting sometimes, but them just taking a random idea doesn't surprise me either. People praising Tool as the best band in the universe are idiots

Attached: 7CD878D1-5DD0-4F57-AD38-DEE4F9066B44.jpg (760x613, 65K)

Maynard anally rapes young boys

i dont really understand the 2deep5u thing people are always whining about, what fucking tool song isnt straight forward with the lyrics? only one i can think of is 46and2.
fuck. people have smoke screened themselves so hard and try to find secret meanings to the point that they dont realize H. literally IS about heroin.

Its mostly the insufferable part of the fanbase that put them up on a pedestal. They are my favorite band, but I admit that sometimes they are a bit heavy handed. but god all mighty some of us will let you know how Tool have changed their life and Maynard should be president.

It's not that the lyrics are difficult or cryptic, it's just people looking for meaning in everything. IT gives it a layer of pretentiousness.

I really like Schism and Forty Six & 2; they have straightforward lyrics and some mysticism to them. Songs like Third Eye I'm like "neat song" but I don't go nearly as far as some people in hidden meanings or conspiracies or whatever

Aniema's a better album. Not much of a fan of tool.

naked and fearless

people think boring lateralus is the best because its the 1st album millenials heard from tool

>One year between opiate and undertow
It was always gonna be 2019, how didnt we see it sooner?

This is the only correct ranking

grudge is a boring tird

>2019
They realized that they have to finally get their shit together and actually release the fucking album while this decade still lasts, lest they slide into irrelevance (same thing really with Rammstein who released an album earlier this year after almost a decade).

Well it's been 5 years between 1996/2001, and it's between 5 years between 2001/2006, so dunno what your point is really.

>nobody even remembers that meme anymore they were spreading in Undertow times

i appreciate all of the love for opiate, aenima and undertow in here. eulogy and bottom were the first songs to really blow me away when i was a kid. couldn't tell you why though as opposed to the other songs

Neck yourself

>H. literally IS about heroin.
Supposedly it meant "half empty".

AND MY FEAR IS NAKED

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD INSIDE

Attached: 22.jpg (263x192, 6K)

Maynard sodomizes little boys

it's called H. and every single lyric very deeply works for how a heroin addict feels and goes through. ive been an heroin addict in the ghettos of chicago for about 20 years and this is my head canon, leave me alone, they nailed it

undertow times? i thought it was between aenima and lateralus that the "deepest lore" started coming out

tool is releasing an album in 2022 or 23
this is my prediction and please screen shot this

>The working title for the song was "Half Empty", and thus "H." most likely stands for that or "Half Full".[2

I can't believe you losers are gate keeping Tool albums, get a fucking life you miserable cunts.

To be honest, I like all of Tools albums. I don't think they have a "bad" album, I like some more than others, but they're all fucking quality. Undertow was good. Aenima has some pretty bomb tracks. Lateralus was smooth all the way through, and 10k days was my personal favorite. Hell, even Opiate and Salvial are good.

Half empty is an even brtter title for a heroin song. Shoulda kept it

I agree with you, but the point still stands.

I think cause the fan, the closed minded fan, likes to ramble on about the power of the golder ratio as the standard entry level story.

Disposition/reflection/triad is more worth mentioning than the fibonacci sequence in lateralus imo.

>Disposition/reflection/triad is more worth mentioning
So what is the holy mystery behind D/R/T, please do enlighten

Lateralus did something with Disposition reflection, they are a great song. (with triad and faap de oiad).
But 3rdeye did the same thing, conceptually thinking, but better imo.

i'd rather talk about the golden dawn sex ritual where maynard rapes little boys in the ass. would you teach us about that, maynard?

gaynard lol

None.
I like better the so called "triad" than lateralus itself.
Personal taste I guess?
I'm not trying to convert anyone btw user.
If one likes Michael Jacksons dangerous, doesn't matter if you're black or white.

the new album was better
any song less than 10 minutes should not be allowed to be recorded on any album
this applies double to all pop artists who should be required to increase their song lengths to atleast 20 minutes

The fact that allegedly he is a shit person, and on the Joe Rogan podcast (last one and the previous one) he comes out as a radical chic ass hole know-it all, Idk.
Shit (people) happens user.
I like tool but I don't like him.
I'll put this here... And I agree with it.

riverfronttimes.com/musicblog/2019/05/13/tool-would-be-a-better-band-without-maynard-james-keenan

Idk this thing of raping. Source?

the rape thing was a hoax thought up by some imgur community 16yo dork guy who wanted to prove the public backlash to rape allegations didn't fact check

t.mudvaynefan

I fucking love Undertow but Aenima is objectively their best album.

Disgustipated is the best song on the album what the fuck

>has a fucking wine business in california

i got bad news for you

Wrong, there are dozens of accounts going back to the 90's. Ask any Tool fan, they probably know a girl. Don't pretend to be dumb. The child rape stuff is new, but if you read the lyrics to Prison Sex it's about raping someone in the ass because it was done to him. He himself admits to being raped. And the cult he is part of apparently engages in rituals that involve sodomy with young boys. It's not like he's hiding his beliefs. But only now are people saying stuff, post-Epstein.

CRAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

Attached: Bring-Me-To-Life-evanescence-3365853-470-352.jpg (470x352, 16K)

what cult? you seem to have a bad case of the ameribrain

what cult user?

Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn, you utter moron. Are you a Tool fan or aren't you? What do you think all the occult shit is about, Maynard just works at Hot Topic? It's ceremonial magick. He sodomizes boys and drinks blood.

It took so long to remember just what happened I was so young and vestal then You know it hurt me But I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise I've got my hands bound My head down, my eyes closed And my throat wide open Do unto others what has been done to you I'm treading water I need to sleep a while My lamb and martyr, you look so precious Won't you come a bit closer Close enough so I can smell you I need you to feel this I can't stand to burn too long Released in this sodomy For one sweet moment I am whole Do unto you now what has been done to me You're breathing so I guess you're still alive Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise Won't you come just a bit closer Close enough so I can smell you I need you to feel this I need this to make me whole There's release in this sodomy For I am your witness that Blood and flesh can be trusted And only this one holy medium brings me piece of mind Got your hands bound, your head down Your eyes closed You look so precious now Show me something Thought I could make it end Thought I could wash the stains away Thought I could break the circle if I Slipped right into your skin So sweet was your surrender We have become one I have become my terror And you my precious lamb and martyr I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this Shit blood and cum on my hands I've come round full circle My lamb and martyr, this will be over soon You look so precious
Songwriters: Adam Jones / Daniel Carey / Maynard James Keenan / Paul M D'amour Prison Sex lyrics © BMG Rights Management

The drums/percussion on disgustipated is 10/10. Straight up intimidating militaristic stuff, with jungle guerilla warfare thrown in for good measure.
Also, chocolate chip trip is a 10/10. If you don't llove that song and think it's just an interlude you don't have a soul. It's an orgasm rolled up into just under 5 minutes without all the bullshit. Very pure, very clear unadulterated joy

lmao I'm not a tool fan, I separate art from artist like any person with a brain
they have good buildup songs and good riffs, and mjk is a genius vocalist, and carey's a god tier drummer

but I don't follow the epic lore like some fag

so it's okay if maynard rapes little kids because you can separate that from the art?

it's not ok if he does that
it doesn't affect the music though, no

but let's face it, you're making this shit up based on some weird shota fantasy born of your frustration after exhentai shut down

Nah, Maynard admits it
youtube.com/watch?v=V0YPZhaaRqg

there hasn't been any unironic thelema believers in a century mate, it's just a fashion thing

>mjk is a genius vocalist
With all the due respect. Maynard is a Vocalist.
Genius Vocalist idk.
10 years to build the music, but cause he likes to work fast, and he is so inclined, 2 month and bang! I'll do the lyrics and track the thingy while I'm making wine, and doing other stuff on the top of it.
I have to listen to the new stuff, we will see.
I can also paint your house while I'm sanding some shit, and making whine, and doing a tracheotomy, and doing dental implants in the same day, cause I'm a multitasker like that user.
Do you wish to have one of my dental implants user? They're awesome, trust me, I put the absolute 100% on them in an average day user.
See you next Monday?

Lol really trying to Shut It Down, eh? Have you ever heard Maynard speak at length on this? He's devoted.

>Have you ever heard Maynard speak at length on this?

I have not, I didn't even watch the video. but anyway if you had any actual proof you'd have produced it by now

first it's a fantasy, then there's video but you won't watch it. you don't know anything about what maynard admits to doing. people want to come forward but they're afraid

don't speak over victims. let them come forward once they are ready, that has to happen on their terms, not yours.

No, people arguing over which album is "objectively" better are morons. They sounds like toddlers arguing over which dinosaur was the best.

Michael Jackson was unironically trans-white though

true. i am impatient because i know a few people, one indirectly as being aware of what the band was doing and not acting on it out of fear and them knowing someone directly involved im a ritual. one can never tell if they are connected to a larger group and of a higher degree as a magician as they claim to be (therefore more people who could kill you for talking) or if it's just local to the band but either way it's insane. i noticed another person posting about this which is why i jumped in. so people know. we'd like to see it brought it to light. not to ruin the band, just to top it from happening again because it has been happening again to give power to the manifesting of the album (their belief, nof mine) to commit these gross acts

>Disgustipated
It's not even a word

Take your meds

lmao, all those old urban legends about tool from the 90's and early 2000s about rituals and black magic and the bethlehem abortion clinic are coming back to haunt them, atleast maynard. lol, if only i knew how bad things would really be when i was 13 back in 2003

They don't call it Maynard's Dick for nothing

Attached: tool_.png (749x384, 121K)

Take your dick out of prepubescent boys' assholes, Maynard