Greatest band to ever exist. This is not up for debate. If you don't get, you never will

Greatest band to ever exist. This is not up for debate. If you don't get, you never will.

Attached: LED_ZEPPELIN_LIVE+POSTER-617742.jpg (500x330, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-iX-k1flBAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Greta Van Fleet are better.

i think thats a fair statement. It was about the music first and they happened to all be great and were able to have moments to showcase their virtuosity. I think because it was blues and folk based music whereas prog and other offshoots have gotten too far away from the blues structure we all are familiar with.

Their albums are full of shit tracks

The greatest band is objectively The Beatles, but thanks for playing. Take a sticker.

Attached: stickers.png (387x500, 457K)

Death In June is better.

This guy alone wrote better songs than your entire band.

No this is incorrect because the Beatles could not get together and just jam and have a moment. Listen to out takes in the studio. Even after 15 years of playing together they couldnt get through a blues. They were a project not a band. Everything they did had to be rehearsed. Thats not really a good band. Good bands play live and make something from nothing. The beatles were more like salesmen promoting the latest record for sale. Led Zep is the better band. Argue what im saying without just calling me a pleb or some shit. I dont think you can.

Plant’s voice tended to sound nasal and his vocals became harder to recreate live as time went on.

the rest of the band was solid obviously.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 2B650583-49AE-4B56-A7B6-607D2A19D38C-12098-00000A4A7DEA01F4.jpg (554x554, 21K)

Songwriting>musicianship
But yes, Led Zeppelin were superior musicians. Except maybe for Paul McCartney. He was something.

Wrong.

The Beatles were great songwriters, but they were like little children on their instruments compared to Zeppelin. The Beatles were necessary and very great, but Zeppelin was their natural successor in the lineage, and, on the whole, epitomized the 4-piece "rock band".

>the Beatles couldn't jam
They literally invented Krautrock jamming
youtu.be/-iX-k1flBAE

>Except maybe for Paul McCartney. He was something.
Mccartney isn't even the best musician on the Beatles.

While this does capture a sort of elusive sentiment we've all kind of felt about the Beatles, in the end it doesn't really make the final product any worse. I mean if you want to talk about bands in like a theoretical way sure? but all that exists anymore are their records and what's on there and what comes out of the speakers is all that really matters.

First of all, songwriting IS musicianship. So is improvisation, which Zeppelin objectively dominated. And no, Paul is not superior to Zeppelin as a player, which you seemed to have implied.

Except it does matter. You can't achieve the live performances of say, Zeppelin's Madison Square Garden movie album by simply sitting around and working it out. That stuff was born out of incredible on-the-spot musicianship from four individual masters.

Shut up retard

Songwriting has nothing to do with a band. Its separate. Great writers sure, so compare them to the gershwins and we can have a different conversation. A band is greater than the sum of their parts. The beatles were writers who played their own material. Its different.
Anyone who ever says the beatles invented something just show they are limited in what they have been exposed to. Beatles invented XYZ is a strong part of the myth. This jam is nothing special. James Brown and other acts of the time had way deeper pocket cuts. This is impressive to you? Sounds like me and 3 other guys at any open mic in town. Also ringos fills start to fall apart. These guys dont have a lot of ideas listen to the guitar soloing. Nothing going on listen to the fills nothing going. Youre just showing how little you have been exposed to music.
Well im defining a band as musicians and the chemistry they have together. was yesterday a song performed by a band? So much of the beatles was solo material. They were a collective project not a band. If paul plays drums on a track it means ringo wasnt integral to the product.

Go back to r*ddit

>If paul plays drums on a track it means ringo wasnt integral to the product.
Paul is a garbage drummer compared to Ringo, though

>Led Zeppelin is the greatest ever!!!
I too remember grade 9

This post has an incredible amount of mental gymnastics

>James Brown and other acts of the time had way deeper pocket cuts.
Kek.
Show me a James Brown track that sounds like Krautrock just like this Beatles jam.

>Also ringos fills start to fall apart. These guys dont have a lot of ideas listen to the guitar soloing. Nothing going on listen to the fills nothing going.
You don't know the characteristics of Krautrock. End yourself, or listen to more music.

People love to argue semantics on here. If you want to play word games to win an argument I can have a conversation becuase you are not willing to change your mind. Songwriting isn't musicianship in the scope of a discussion about a band. A unit. Apply your logic to the military or a sports team. Songwriting is like the coach. The beatles muddle every conversation because they are marketed based on :they played their own instrument wrote their own music. This was a big part of the Beatles sales pitch boomers enjoy parroting. Yes They with george martins help wrote great songs. No argument there as a band not so hot.
Ok so you are making the point it was more about the song than the playing, hence why they were not the greatest band. We are taking about a great band not how many flavours a band comes in. The beatles as a unit were not a great band. They were not very tight. This is the context of the conversation. Its like saying the greatest novelist is also the greatest actor because they did a movie adaption of the book. Your logic is flawed. Are you not recognizing this or just hell bent on challenging someone at any cost.
The beatles are the greatest Krautrock band of all time. If I grant you this point you still lose the debate.

>We are taking about a great band not how many flavours a band comes in.
No, dumb faggot. You told me that this improvised jam isn't impressive because James Brown did something similar already. Show me.

Were you smart enough to execute your own quip correctly, you'd have omitted the gratuitous "too". But nah. You're just a fucking tard.

The Smiths were better.

t. 9th grader

>The beatles are the greatest Krautrock band of all time. If I grant you this point you still lose the debate.
This is not my "point". I never claimed this.
The point here is that you don't know what Krautrock sounds like, because of your commentary on the jam.

No dumb faggot not because he did something similar but because the band is deeper in the pocket regardless of genre. You are actually the one who is limited in their ability to hear whats going on in the music. You also have bad reading comprehension for extrapolating that as my argument based on what I wrote. Youre kinda stupid hence the hostility.

FUCK no. Pink Floyd was better by far for the time. I even like Gilmour era Floyd over led Zeppelin

>deeper in the pocket
Fucking kek. You can't even comprehend what you're talking about.
Anyway, show me this James Brown track.

Beatles were a Jewish project like rap or Billie eilish

wtf I love Jews now

no they are not you retard

>songwriting IS musicianship
holy fucking shit, this guy

Attached: 1508427843464.png (500x762, 486K)

No youre just applying a genre of music to the jam to make an excuse for how limited and out of the pocket it is. If you are saying their intention is to sound loose youre delusional. I think you are way out of your depth in this conversation. Its like saying a sang out of tune and then someone defending it sayin oh shit you never heard arabic music with its 1/4 tones youre a pleb. He isn't singing out of tune he is influenced by arabic vocals.
Youre just making yourself look silly. You have no points here. You are very limited in youre understanding and exposure to music. I mean it just shows. Id really stop trying to fight your way out of a paper bag at this point. Youre a teen I assume so Im not going to be mean. Beatles are a great introduction into music its good that you like them. Rock on bro!

FPBP

That's retarded

>No youre just applying a genre of music to the jam to make an excuse for how limited and out of the pocket it is.
If you can't comprehend how similar this jam is from Krautrock, you don't know music theory, therefore your opinions are absolutely worthless. Go learn theory.

this nigga redefining words to prove led zeppelin is the best lmao. take a seat my dude

>James Brown made a track bro it's really ' deep in the pocket '
>ok, show me this track
>o-oh wait, you're being silly!!! Too limited lol rock on bro
Kek. You're literally pathetic.

Top pseud

I already covered this point. You are moving goal posts. You assume you know more music theory than me. Now this is getting interesting. Keep going down that line of thinking because you are in for a big surprise.
I didnt say a particular track. They and many black acts were tighter and in the pocket I could have said the meters or any jazz combo I dont think you have strong reading comprehension.

>in the pocket
Please, for the dilettantes at home, define what this means.

>I already covered this point.
How so?
>you're assuming I don't know music theory
Again, if you can't understand the similarity on structure between this jam and krautrock, you don't know music theory. Go learn theory. Your opinions are based on a superficial, disgusting and vague understanding of music. Learning theory will help you.

>I didnt say a particular track. They and many black acts were tighter and in the pocket
Show me one track, kek

sure so you have a pulse in music right. its the push and pull of the time. dividing a beat perfectly creates a robotic sound. great drummers will divide the time unevenly a little behind the beat and then a little ahead the beat. Its what makes the time breathe and sound human. a band in the pocket are insycn or perhaps out of sync but all meld together for a feeling of real cohesion.
What is your level of music theory? Have you studied music in an institution of some sort? How do you even define theory as many people seem to have a strange definition of it. you sure like krautrock eh.

Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo to me, man.

>What is your level of music theory? Have you studied music in an institution of some sort? How do you even define theory as many people seem to have a strange definition of it. you sure like krautrock eh.
This entire post is another great, embarrassing proof that you don't know music theory. Again, learn music theory. Your views are solidified on a vague and shallow perspective of music.

>what is your level of music theory
Fucking kek
Im level 28372 on music theory

So you have not studied music. Can't recognize someone that has and go so far as to tell them they should study music theory. Dunning Kreuger at it s finest.

>So you have not studied music
Based mental gymnastics. Anyway, I'll stop replying to you. Yea Forums outside of /classical/ is full of non-musicians.
Learn theory. Goodbye.

>this thread

Attached: file.png (800x450, 461K)

Well there are rudiments in the classical tradition. In university there are courses at different levels. It's not too difficult to quantify your level of study. I dont know why people try to use the word theory as some wild card to win arguments. You sound like religious fanatics that will claim "god said" to win an argument. You dont know god i do so i win the argument. Its really weak guys. You can do better.
I have a masters degree in music. You kinda need to have a basic understanding of theory to get one. Learn to formulate and argument and express yourself better. Learn to debate.

>I have a masters degree in music.
Analyze this little fragment here, then.

Attached: IMG_3169.jpg (750x204, 39K)

what is this, fucking moon runes? post some actual music, retard

There is a lot that can be said. Youre better off to ask a question if you are trying to test me. People write entire books on a piece of music. Its never ending. What do you want to know about this?

Describe this fragment's style, form, melody, harmony and/or arrangement structures.

It’s a sonnet played in 3/4 you dumb shit

Omg you fucked up its 4/4 you complete retard

Lol what the fuck did this thread turn into? OP here. 4 voice fugue in common time, G major probably. Standard treble, alto, bass clefs. Looks like Bach.

Looks like we got e min walking down to an f in the second bar looks like it goes to g with the bass playing the 3rd in the second half of the second bar and the top line fucks around with the 9th before resolving to a G in the last bar. The middle line and top line are just fucking around with some ornimations revolving around the chord tones. Im not one for flowery language. Theres some call and answer between the middle and top line but the second line focuses more on arpeggios where the top line diddles around the scale more. My jazz theory is really being put to good use in this analysis.

When's their old town road remix dropping?