WE PLAY THE LIFE SECURE WE GIVE OR TAKE

WE PLAY THE LIFE SECURE WE GIVE OR TAKE
WE BUILD THE BUILDINGS AND THEY'RE BUILT TO BREAK
TELL ME TELL ME TELL IT TO ME TELL IT STRAIGHT:
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOVE AND HATE?

Attached: file.png (600x600, 289K)

THERE'S NO CONNECTION LEFT IN YOUR HEAD

ANOTHER BOOK OF THINGS TO FORGEEEET

Goddamn even though the first half of the track is literally a This Heat ripoff, the drop ends up giving me goosebumps every time.

>slow upstrokes = this heat ripoff
I get that is has the same tempo so you think it sounds like Paper Hats, and hell they probably were inspired by This Heat, but this is just silly. The This Heat comparison with Women/Viet Cong is pretty overblown.

Viet Cong is such a great name for a band. Shame they had to change it or retire from music business.

yeah I know, I know part of the reason why they changed it was they didn't care much about the name in the first place, but it fit their musical aesthetic perfectly, sounds exactly like the type of band name who would've released something on 4AD or Mute back in the early 80s

>AND THE WATER'S DRAINIIIIING

FROM THE CONTINENTAL SHELF
*DOO DOO DO DOO DO DOO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO*

As an old Bloc Party fan I feel the same way about bands like this as boomers do about Greta Van Fleet. Keep on breaking those barriers down guys! Makes me feel like I still have my hair and free time lol

>probably
they literally tried to replicate This Heat's recording techniques you delusional fucking faggot

Whoa? They recorded in weird locations? Nobody has ever done that apart from This Heat!!! holy shit kill yourself you fucking faggot

Especially when 'Preoccupations' sounds shit in comparison

why are they so shit after this record tho

Preoccupations is pretty fucking good but yeah, New Material is shit.

They'll never make anything as good as Public Strain.

>They'll never make anything as good as their s/t
ftfy

What went wrong after it?

s/t Preoccupations is better then s/t Viet Cong. Fight me.

Even if they were direct This Heat rip off. So what? It's not like anybody else is doing it nowadays.
It's beyond me why rock music has this stigma where you cannot make anything resembling some older record. Meanwhile every other genre does it and it is just fine.

I like a lot of revival groups like Interpol and VC but you have to admit it’s kind of uncreative even if they didn’t intentionally do it. Women were more interesting than VC or PO by a long margin

the best thing this band ever did was do a really good cover of Dark Entries

STRANDED AND BROKEN ANOOOTHER DAY
WHERE EVERYTHIIING'S TURNING INSIDE OUT
WE WENT TO FAR
THE OTHER WAY
WE'LL NEVER GET HOO-OOO-OOO-OOO-OOOME

I agree. Preoccupations s/t is such an anxious experience, it's a perfect album