Starting to get into TOOL. What is their best album and why? How would you rank their albums?

Starting to get into TOOL. What is their best album and why? How would you rank their albums?

Attached: fi.jpg (752x440, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lambgoat.com/news/435/Tool-set-title-of-upcoming-album
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The constant argument between Tool fans is whether AEnima or Lateralus are their best

Its AEnima

Fuck off, shill. There are enough threads.

Lateralus = Aenima > 10000 Days > Undertow > Opiate
Dont know about Fear Inoculum yet

just listen chronologically, after aenima it goes downhill imo

This guy knows whats up

Aenima is their only good album, not including the most recent one. Listen to that and then quit.

>visit /vr/
>they are still arguing whether SMB3 or SMW is best
>visit Yea Forums
>they are still arguig whether Aenima or Lateralus is best
i guess some things never change

Their best albums are either 10,000 days or Undertow. Stop being retarded.

SMW and Aenima desu

hello contrarian friend in reality their best album is Opiate

>best album is not even an album

Systema Encéphale

1. Aenima
2. Lateralus
3. Fear Inoculum
4. Undertow
5. 10,000 Days
6. Salival
7. Opiate

Opiate is a raw sounding rock band and Undertow was more polished but when Aenima came out in '96 I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

I feel bad putting Salival down at any time because that Pushit is so great, but its not good enough to carry the whole thing.

No Quarter puts it on the list.

Aenima is their best. Lateralus is a close second

Imagine the contrarian

You could argue all day long about what their absolute best is.

But the honest truth that no one will unironically deny is that all of them are great. Opiate is by far their weakest release but it's also A. An EP, and, B. Extremely early on in their careers where they hadnt really found their sound yet.

Anyone who calls Tool "pseudo intellectual" or "tryhard" is either trolling a tired meme or has never listened to their work and wants to be a member of the Yea Forums cool kidzzzz club. The band members are otherworldly in how they compose their music and their drummer is undoubtly one of the most proficient and talented drummers alive today. You cant be "pseudo" about composing extremely complex arrangements in time signatures that would cause even some virtuosos to fumble off-time when attempting to replicate.

Maynards lyrics have very deep meaning to many, and zero whatsoever to others. Just pick an album and give it a few solid playthroughs and make up your own mind, OP. I dont think you "need to be smart" to get it, and I dont think the band thinks so either. I think if you give anybof their albums a gods-honest open minded listen, you'll just find out that you love it because it's just objectively excellent musicianship written by excellent musicians.

It's actually Lateralus

The grudge is one of my favorite opening tracks of any album

They're a pretty cool band. Their albums are close in quality, so it's tough to rank, but I'd go:

Lateralus > Aenima > 10,000 Days > Undertow

So an album with better singles but shittier low moments, or a single long listen that is consistently good?

46 & 2 is a shit song

>46 & 2 is a shit song
Take it back

holy fucking cringelord. jesus, maynard stop sucking your own cock on my board

Just literally listen to them in the chronological order of release and see how the band has changed, if you make it to Lateralus and you're still enjoying yourself then you can pop back here and get into all the autistic shitflinging

Aenima has no low moments

Lateralus > 10,000 Days > Undertow > Aenima > Fear Inoculum > Salival > Opiate > anything > Puscifer

this

The one with the song about letting rabbits wear hats or something

Aenima

Lateralus

Fear Inoculum

10,000 Days

Undertow

Opiate

Attached: ---.png (1033x963, 1.28M)

lambgoat.com/news/435/Tool-set-title-of-upcoming-album

Could someone please explain the praise for Aenima and the dislike for 10,000 Days?

Definitive ranking

Lateralus>Aenima>10k days>Undertow>Opiate

Not sure where the new album fits as of yet

>46 & 2 is a shit song

Attached: Bill Burr.png (845x475, 368K)

All their albums are best, checkmate faggots.

best than what?

Lateralus>Fear Inoculum>Aenima=10,000 days>undertow>>>opiate

Is Tool actually good? I thought it was just cringey self serious sphongle prog rock but that's just based on their cover art and t shirts, i've never heard a song.

Still remember buying lateralus the day it came out, having patiently waiting for what seemed like aeons. Hunched over my stereo in my bedroom, put the cd in. By the time I was halfway through the grudge I knew the entire album would be fucking phenomenal.

Based reasonable poster

Undertow is best

Songs vs. jams

based.

>half of the tracklist are segues which account for 10% of the album's running time

Attached: 1566260934151.png (622x487, 51K)

yes

i can actually respect this viewpoint. Tool at the zenith of their anger. its not my favorite but i fucking love it.

It's just nu-metal with segues and bridges. Though to be fair, I guess some of it is blues rock.

this is my ranking too

wha...

Attached: 1543363168197.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

>implying anything written there is wrong
>iblygan ur bord

So... youve never listened to tool?

I have no dog in this fight an wouldnt even call myself a fan because Im more into noise and postpunk

But yes they are indeed objectively a very good band

It's either ding dong doo dah ding dong or chong chirga dunnuh like 90% of the time.

chun chunchun chunchun chunchun chunduhnuhnuhnuh

>we have to train men

kek

>46 & 2 is a shit song
No!