Purple mountains

How do you think it will be remembered in 10 or 20 years?

Attached: D_KEesEU0AAeJRU-1563294318-640x588.jpg (640x588, 96K)

As that guy's suicide note

i didn't think the album was *that* good but I guess it'll be remembered for the context

The Diary of Anne Frank of Indie

it won't, I had already forgotten about it

this

This. It's brutal to try and go back to. I've only listened to it once since he died.

It's a decent album but like said it won't be remembered. There are no more classics. Post modernism is the death spiral of art in general.

Sadly this. I really like but I'm a depressed idiot

>no more classics

Die Lit came out last year and is a classic.

describe your gay link between post modernism and purple mountains not being remembered

Definitely one of the best albums of the decade. Rest in Peace David.

Haven't actually listened to Die Lit.
What makes you think it's a classic?
Post modernism is blanketing art as a whole, including purple mountains. Everything is disposable, everything gets disposed. In one ear and out the other. This has been happening for at least the last two decades and is only going to accelerate as time goes on I believe.

Album of the decade contender, Berman was a genius

>hasn't heard die lit
>has half a wikipedia article's worth of understanding post modernism
when will the plebbit scourge leave

>>hasn't heard die lit
What does this have to do about my opinion on post modernism
>>has half a wikipedia article's worth of understanding post modernism
Can you clear something up for me? Where did I go wrong exactly?

I'm asking these questions almost rhetorically. I know he's not being sincere as sincerity is a lost art. I'm more or less just pointing this out by responding with sincerity.

why don't you read a fucking book instead of letting random people on the internet drip feed you talking points about a term you wanna use because some youtuber used it incorrectly in some video that made you feel smart?

i sincerely think you're a retard. no irony here. the term means something specific and you've listened to half a podcast or something and decided you're an authority on this term and then bandy it about like a classic pseud. i can tolerate it being contained on reddit, but your fucking scum needs to leave Yea Forums

Honestly I'm not really loving it as much as I wish I was. I Like Berman and was very saddened by his death but a lot of these songs just weren't that great for me and felt a bit generic.
As far as alt country this year goes, I prefer Bill Callahan's new record. Less predictable song structures with simplistic but dynamic and continuously rewarding instrumental progressions and some of the best lyrics I've ever heard across an album.

I have. Asking for others' opinions is not the same as being spoon-fed.
Wow, for my opinion being incorrect you sure did put a lot of effort into that post (without addressing any of my questions, I might add).

asking someone to explain a concept that has at least three meanings, all of which you've missed, is asking to be spoonfed.

and yes, i intentionally didn't answer your questions. i find your clever little "muh sincerity" schtick precious and obnoxious and a very obvious defense mechanism since you know that you don't know what you're talking about. instead of remaining insecure, i will reiterate my previous suggestion to read a fucking book

Oh boy, where to begin.
>asking someone to explain a concept that has at least three meanings, all of which you've missed, is asking to be spoonfed.
Where did I ask him/you (I'm not sure if you have a dog in this fight or are replying out of a sense of retarded obligation) to explain the concept?
>and yes, i intentionally didn't answer your questions.
Ok well how do you expect me to take your responses seriously if you don't care about my responses?
i find your clever little "muh sincerity" schtick precious and obnoxious and a very obvious defense mechanism since you know that you don't know what you're talking about. instead of remaining insecure, i will reiterate my previous suggestion to read a fucking book
I don't even know how to respond to this mess lol

literally who like now

Shut the fuck up

rn I have it at a 3.5/5

It's a great album but i'm not depressed enough to relate to it and it's hard to enjoy him talking about how miserable he is before killing himself.

AOTY. It was sad enough already but now it's hard to revisit. I'll keep doing it anyway though

Good album.