It clicked, and it's so fucking good

It clicked, and it's so fucking good

Attached: Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Burst With Announcements.jpg (500x500, 35K)

now listen to CAPITMN

One of my favorite albums of all time. A sonical adventure.

>The ending of Golden Ball where the snares double time.

hnnnnnng. Top 10 shoegaze album that rarely receives the praise it deserves.

Attached: b608aa2b32b77af07859412cc9a15807.jpg (650x366, 26K)

I prefer the original

Attached: C033A8FD-B3A5-4079-8E73-66D0302C89C9.jpg (500x486, 22K)

Each song just sucks you in from the opening notes, completely holds you in its droney mantra and doesn't let you go until the end. Incredible achievement.

Shoegaze? More like post-rock I would say.

The album is definitely largely Neu! inspired (I mean Jenny Ondioline is a huge Hallogallo tribute), but I think Stereolab perfected that krautrock sound and brought it to even a higher level.

Fuzzy distortion, muffled vocals, and focus on textures. It's more shoegaze than say Nowhere.

Neu! Sounds NOTHING like Stereolab. Where are the synth organs, shoe-gaze guitars, lyrics and female vocals? The only thing they have in common is the Krautrock label and motorik beat.

Stereolab sounds a lot more like The White Noise, or United States of America, but you’re probably a filthy plebeian who is unfamiliar with late 60’s psychedelia

Hey, I didn't make up that comparison, they have been compared to Neu! for the last 25 years by most reviewers and fans alike.

>Neu! Sounds NOTHING like Stereolab

Yeah for the most part. But you can't deny bits of Jenny Oindoline and the second half of Lo Boob Oscillator aren't references to Neu.

>denying making the comparison
Okay this is bait. You literally said Neu (4th best 70s Krautrock band) made the original kek!

Now what are your thoughts on “White Noise - An Electric Storm” and how that record specifically influenced Stereolabs work? You seemed to dodge that kiddo

It’s Krautrock you mong. Sounds just as much like Neu! As it does CAN or Amon Duul. It’s not the sound of one band. I mean Neu’s first album is just pure plagiarism of CANs album Soundtracks.

>White Noise
>United States of America
Oh wow babby knows some entry level bands and all of a sudden thinks he's superior. The appeal in early stereolab, at least for me is the driving grooves (at some points even copy-pasted verbatum from neu tracks) and the sonic youth-inspired noise guitar. I don't think they ever reach the sheer bombast of the united states of america's music (not to mention, while there is sampling in stereolab's music, it's more toned back, and there is nearly no tape manipulation). White noise, on the other hand, have a very floaty, minimal sound that is more comparable to early Broadcast than to stereolab. I'm not denying a clear influence, but early Stereolab seems to have stronger roots in krautrock than in 60's psychedelia.

>Sounds just as much like Neu! As it does CAN or Amon Duul.

I'm familiar with the tropes of krautrock, but the tones, tempo, and textures displayed on those tracks are too identical to Hallogallo to not be considered an overt reference. It doesn't detract from the quality of the music nor the songwriting, so it's not really a point worth arguing over imo.

I didn't say I didn't MAKE the comparison, I said I didnt make it UP. "make up something" is an English phrase meaning invent something, be the first to do something. And comparing Atereolab to Neu! has been a thing for 25 years. Learn to read, buddy.

No need to be an asshole, I’m using White Noise and USA as examples BECAUSE many people know them, not because I’m trying to hold superiority over someone. I wanted to further the discussion, because Neu! is in itself, derivative of earlier Krautrock releases. And you’re absolutely right on your analysis. Broadcast is one of my favorite bands, they were definitely even deeper influences by The White Noise.

They really aren’t too overt to be clearly influenced by Hallogallo. Listen to Soundtracks, Monster Movie by CAN then get back to me. Hallogallo was not THAT innovative, quite the opposite actually

You gonna believe everything some journalist from the 90s tells you? Then ask me to learn how to read? KEK, if you were cultured in the art of listening to music then we wouldn’t be having an argument, would we then?

Attached: CYMERA_20190827_004258.jpg (1024x1024, 177K)

Is there anything in their discography that sounds like this? The other stuff I've heard from them doesn't quite scratch the itch

Mars Audiac Quintet cleans things up a bit, but still has the rough around the edges approach to recording. Also “the Groop Plays Bachelor Pad Music” even though it’s an EP

Ment this for

A few tracks on Peng and Superelectric. Refried Ectoplasm EP