Okay, so I'll admit I listened to Slipknot's self titled album when I was 11 and moved on after that...

Okay, so I'll admit I listened to Slipknot's self titled album when I was 11 and moved on after that, but this is pretty good. Any maggots wanna (sic) chime in?

Attached: WANYK.jpg (1000x1000, 94K)

s/t > Iowa > WANYK > Vol 3 > TGC > AHIG

I agree with this except I'd actually put WANYK in front of Iowa because I feel like it's a better album as a whole. Iowa just had some absolute bangers that carried the whole album imo.

The remastered version of the self-titled album is fantastic. One of my biggest pet peeves was that it never really sounded like nine guys, but the remaster tidies everything up and does a great job showcasing everyone's contributions. The rhythm section is right up front, Sid and Craig get to shine, the bass and guitars all sound terrific. I think the rhythm section suffered when Jordison learned how to do blast beats.

it's not a good album
i actually like their s/t and iowa and i couldn't even finish the album
the opener is so fucking corny and eveything else is just boring

THIS IS A TOOL THREAD NOW
FUCK SLIPKNOT
FUCK MAGGOTS
FUCK NIGGERS
LISTEN TO FEAR INOCULUM

Attached: tool fear inoculum.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

WANYK is legitemly better album.

damn, which remastered version are you talking about, the 2009 one?

How can you listen to this shit? Pleb. Go listen to tool instead.

I couldn't enjoy this. I like some of their earlier stuff but this is just so soft and polished and pop. All Out Life is the only song that rocks even a little bit.

This but switch WANYK and Vol 3 and put AHIG on the opposite end of the spectrum.

On some level I still consider myself a Slipknot fan, but honestly neo-Slipknot kind of bores me....it's not as manic and crazy as the old stuff and when it tries to be seems transparent to me, and for the most part is just kinda like some line between Lamb Of Godish "modern metal" and Stone Sour radio alternative, two roads I already don't find all that interesting

All Hope Is Gone is a Stone Sour album which someone put the Slipknot logo on by mistake.

I believe so. I compared it to the CD version I brought in 1999 and the remaster just blows it out of the water.

You never even listened to Stone Sour. AHIG is miles above that terrible terrible bro rock, musically and in terms of Corey's performance. That guy is a tool and doesn't deserve creative control.

Are you applying console wars to albums?

All Hope Is Gone is boring as hell, the albums before it and after it are better. Outside of the now generic formulaic Slipknot singles like Psychosocial and Sulfur, there are only a couple decent songs on it, but overall it's like.....totally lacking in anything that makes Slipknot unique, more than any other album, it's middle of the road modern aggro metal that really makes you think "why do they have 9 members for this basic shit"

Most of the tracks on AHIG have big clean choruses, it's paint by numbers radio rock. Totally boring and uninspired and lacking anything that makes Slipknot Slipknot.

I love AHIG too, there’s so much different stuff going on. I love that about the new album too, it tries out new stuff. Only downside to WANYK is that it doesn’t have Joey Jordison

Slipknot>AHIG>WANYK>Iowa=Vol 3>>>>Gray chapter

YOU WANT A REAL SMILE?
I HAVEN'T SMILED IN YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRS

Attached: 1508410687698.jpg (986x656, 140K)

You mean WANYK.

These fags are obsessed with shitty cover arts. But why?

Clown is autistic and success has fooled him into thinking he's an artist

I too wouldn't call AHIG typically Slipknot. It's much more focused. No nu-metal crap, just one tight riff after another. Some portions are too soft, especially the bonus tracks and Snuff but what is hard is so much harder than The Grey Chapter or the literal radio pop record WANYK.

Solway firth is harder than AHIG, also psychosocial has to be the radio hit around 2011, even my normie friends know that song

Solway Firth is pretty good, that and All Out Life I enjoyed. Psychosocial is a catchy song and an actually good formula for pop metal that Slipknot should have stuck with instead of creating stuff like Unsainted or whatever that other single was called. I don't think that anything popular is automatically bad so that is not an argument for me. I do think that WANYK is well produced but incredibly soft and that Slipknot are a bunch of meatheads who shouldn't experiment with industrial and electronic elements, because the results are not very interesting. Instead they should be making catchy pop metal of death-infused nu-metal songs because that's what they are actually good at.

Slipknot have never been great riff writers though, what makes them sound heavy is just about everything else...the sound effects, the different drums going on, the DJ crap, the schizo rantings

Mick and Jim just don't write riffs on a high level, they're best when just chugging at a fast paced

Nah their best songs are the experimental ones with atmosphere like gently

>Slipknot have never been great riff writers though
the blister exists has some mega brutal riffage tho.

It’s perfectly acceptable that Slipknot wished to take AHIG in a different direction than their past albums and change up the formula a bit but I just can’t help but feel like somewhere in the process it lost the hook that the previous albums had. The only tracks that REALLY stood out to me were Gematria, All Hope is Gone, and then Sulfur and Psychosocial. I listened to .5 once and didn’t even finish it, stopped around “Skeptic”. I was skeptical about WANYK but was pleasantly surprised and it really does feel like their true successor to Vol. 3 that we should have gotten all those years ago.

s/t>Vol. 3>Iowa>WANYK

Attached: F0CB7708-14C6-4E59-9F6B-5F434B77039F.png (600x600, 594K)

From what I've read, Joey and Gray were responsible for a lot of the earlier music (since S/T). Root seems to have taken a larger role after their absence. Corey frequently writing lyrics, of course.