Tool - Fear Inoculum

>Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27928-tool-fear-inoculum-2019/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So boring, what a disappointment. Liked 7empest tho

The more you listen to FI the more you appreciate Lateralus.

my reaction was, yup it's Tool. Sounds like Tool.

If you listen to Tool, you're a fucking tool.

it's not perfect by any stretch
the mix is so flat, compared to lateralus which had so much dynamic energy
not sure what they did to danny's snare, its so overcompressed and cold-sounding, it's honestly quite painful to listen to every time it comes in
maynard for the most part doesn't mesh with the rest of the instrumentation, outside of 7empest, descending and culling voices

but hey, there's some top-tier songwriting on here and it blows the fuck out of 10,000 days, especially in terms of consistency
and that's all it needed to do for me to be satisfied

Lol

i havent' listened to it, but i can tell its boring mathrock.

i imagine danny carry writing down various complex math rhythms and trying to make a song out of it instead of just trying to make something inspired

its justin and adam that come up with the time signatures
it starts with the riffs and danny works around them

Seriously, just go back and forth from Lateralus to FI. It's insane how production and mastering matters.

Totally agree with you.

The album's mix is a mess, some of the instruments sounds a bit too dry or too reverb-y and doesn't really glue together. Even some weird phasing issues at 8:18 which is really off-putting.

However, the songs are great and has a lot of depth. Even if it reminds a lot of Lateralus or 10k Days, it is still really satisfying to listen to.

Chocolate Chip Trip should've been a whole song, not just a Drum and electronics solo.

The phasings issues at 8:18 I'm talking about is in the first song, Fear Inoculum.

this probably what they were going for since everyone's biggest fear was probably that they might have changed drastically

Does anyone have a good link to the album. It would be greatly appreciated.

just looked and nothing on my private tracker, I really don't think it's leaked

It has. Oddly enough I got it from a guy on Reddit. Some kid who worked at Target nabbed a copy, hot someone else to rip it. Released it in a private discord on satnight/early sunday. Heavenleaks had it yesterday, may not still be up. I got mine emailed directly.

how is it?

Trash. Easily their worst yet and incredibly boring.

I was asking the user I replied to, not you

It's missing a sludgy muddy type track

It's missing a track that involves clear vocals from Maynard like The Grudge or Sober

It's missing aggression

Well I gave my opinion on it anyway so fuck you, retard.

invincible
invincible
7empest

very boring album, what a let down. I was so fucking excited for this album, it just sucks, I wanted to like it but it's just boring. 13 years for this?

I'm glad FI finally came out, it made me appreciate all the previous albums more.

Anyone have a link to the album? Thanks

Hahaha lmao, that’s a good one, mind if I save it for later?

Make my day

i believe because they opt for streaming services too they have to master everything phone speaker friendly.

it's a shame that no dedicated high end cd master was used for the copy i got
the waveforms are very bricky from time to time

Maynard ruined it

i miss Jambi or The Pot driven tracks

i cant get over how boring pneuma is. rest is fine but they really dropped the ball with that one

Same here, it strikes me as if Maynard felt self-conscious about going all out vocally or maybe he's actually blown his voice out

I feel the same, we are lucky that only their last album turned to shit

could just be a shit leak. joe barresi did the mix its not on him

Invincible, 07:10 the guitar is actually clipping - on studio monitos - i never had that on all other albums from them.

what a shame, this really saddens me a bit. they used to have so high standards

you listen to Avenged Sevenfold it doesnt surprise me you dont like Tool

wish i never read this

fuck you

I cannot fully describe just how boring the extended jams are on this album. Its to the point where I actually think it'd be more exciting if they cut the guitars and bass from them and you just listened to Danny Carey play drums by himself for 5-10 minutes

>i believe because they opt for streaming services too they have to master everything phone speaker friendly.
this doesn't sound like something adam or justin would allow at all
hopefully when the vinyl is announced with a different master it'll sound better

i'm still wondering if this album will be made better with those 'interludes' that are supposed to be on the streaming version

>with a different master

how you'd know if they won't take the same master

it's common nowadays to get pressured by a label or important persons.
what if their taking forever (because of accidents or court) didn't suit the label and they pressured them?
maybe they made a deal to go more broad audience (streaming) to maximize profit

i can play every single tool album at 0dB and have not a single crushed top end - except - Fear Inoctum.
Even though the same producer as 10.000 days was supervising, i find that strange

>buying vinyl for an album that was clearly recorded, mixed, and mastered digitally
no thanks bud

with the vinyl being delayed I can only hope
considering what sticklers they are for recording analog and attempting such purity with releases

pretty sure NIN released a different mix of their last album for people who didn't want to hear it flattened beyond belief

doesn't imply the LP sounds bad once pressed

>that was clearly recorded, mixed, and mastered digitally
mastered, yes
mixed, probably
recorded, not so sure on that one

if the thing's not properly mastered for vinyl, there's no reason to buy an LP other than aesthetic choice or something. and i don't mean to knock that, i'm just more interested in listening to albums the medium their artists intended them to be heard

Tool loves to fuck with leakers and pirates so don't be surprised if something totally unexpected happenings

even if they recorded to tape to start with, the sheer amount of processing on the vocals and drums makes that seem inconsequential, but idk either

i'll see friday when i get the CD

>Fear Inoculum, Pneuma, Invincible putting me to sleep
>Descending, an actual Tool song starts playing

Attached: 1562822945882.gif (498x203, 2.48M)

Listened to it a couple more times and it's really grown on me. Invincible and 7empest are the two best tracks, and they sound as good as Tool do at their best.

They've always been a slow burning band, it took me a few attempts to "get" songs like Lateralus, Parabola, Rosetta Stoned, Third Eye, Jambi, Eulogy and The Grudge. But now I can call it AOTY. Which isn't hard to be fair, as their biggest competition has been garbage like Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande.

Guitar clipping doesn't really matter much if the guitarist uses heavy distortion like Adam does.

now I hear it it's ruined for me. what a shitty album. what were they thinking.

haven't heard that on 5 other albums

For me,it's good. Dannys playing is strong and up front here and he's doing some cool atmospheric percussion that i like. The band in general sounds good. Pneuma may be my sneaky favorite but 7empest is for sure gonna be most peoples favorite. Maynard seems to be taking a smaller role and I don't think it's his best lyrics. I'm waiting to judge the mix and sound until I hear the legit CD but what i had is supposedly lossless. The mix in general seems to polarizing, sone love it some hate it.
At the end of it all I'm enjoying the shit out of it and I keep finding new things with every relisten.

I'm the asshole that really liked pneuma

are you listening to the flacs? I don't hear it

yeah and i even use a declipper dsp - i have the wetransfer link file

it has to sound like lateralus/10k days because paul d'amour wrote all the songs from opiate to aenema

and that's a good thing

kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27928-tool-fear-inoculum-2019/

this is a weird, and probably stupid question, but did you or anybody else have a problem with the wetransfer files where they were tagged and showing up as mp3s when in actuality they were flac? cause i couldn't convert them and had to redownload it

yep, same happened for me

We can all agree that Joe baressi is a hack at this point yes? Get Sylvia back on the boards for fucks sake.

ok cool, i thought i was going crazy

Yea Forumslet here. What's a crushed top end?

Maynard is a serial rapist pedophile

Stop shilling this trash