Album Roulette Thread

Let's roll!

Attached: 1558341100391.png (3803x4800, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wWw39tr8FL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1000 Fever By Kylie Minogue

Attached: Kylie-09FeverSpecial.jpg (1000x1000, 171K)

Lolerolle

roll

I pray to god in heaven
That it be at least a 7

woo

go on then

roll

Fuck it

roll

Roll

Attached: 1225844071_dmfrontsv8.jpg (600x578, 42K)

roll

g

roll

roll

reroll

>John Zorn - Spy vs Spy
perfect

r0ll

roll

lol tf am I listening

Roll

uwu

roll

rollst

rollin

roll

Nigga sex

Roll

roll

wurstfritzl

ioha

Why not

I feel ya lol

Rolling

rolL

Let's rock n roll

Attached: 1566603677832.jpg (900x563, 167K)

rolling

roll

I still hate Communists

roll

ok

>Madonna - Madonna (1983)

ok

Roll

Roll

reporting if shit

Roll!

Roll

rawlin

Roll

rolling

this good old thread
roll

roll

roll

KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'

Attached: cni22x7go6i31.jpg (594x674, 41K)

rollin rollin rollin WHAT

Roll

dubs

roll

roll

rollll

roll

Roll

Roll

roll

roll

Rollin

Roll

rrol

Please give me mucore

spin the wheeeel

Jesus Christ that was a chore to listen too, round 2

8 minute long EP.
If I had to hear "NOT GONNA LET YOU GET AWAAAAAYYY" one more time... NEXT

ok

second song was aight, give me something longer now

Rollloll

Roll

It was garbage. Rolling again.

Roll

roll

roll

roll

roll

pretty relaxing, would sound nice around a campfire on a clear night

roll

Hey

Can someone rearrange Album Roulette pic and fill it with actually good albums instead of this ethno shit

kiill

big roll

>getting pleb filtered by folk music
i'm sorry you were born stupid

Roll

roll

give me something in english

roll

Attached: 1565685314841.gif (250x250, 1.97M)

cum

Roll

ROLL

Rollinf

Roll

Roll cause I'm gay

Roll me daddy ;)

Ok big boy

Rolling like a twat

Roll

roll

Rooooll

Rerolling

Roll

roll

Reroll

roll

hmm yes

where do I even get half this shit?

and rolling

roll

youtube.com/watch?v=wWw39tr8FL8

Roll a

r o l l

This is completely unavailable except as an LP from discogs, and I'm not getting a turntable just for this shit. So I'm making a substitution.

Attached: Untitled.png (1498x957, 397K)

That's on Soulseek.

k

> closed source filesharing software
I'm not falling for that honeypot shit.

I am taking notes for a review of the Smithsonian album now though. Spoiler, the one on the chart is probably better.

Lesss get

rolly polly

rolllll

GIVE IT TO ME DADDY

fucking niggers

Rollin'

Attached: 1554855578046.png (224x268, 73K)

may as well

i already listened to that shit, cmon give me thelonious monk or something

Rolling

Rolland

Roll

Roll

I never end up actually listening to the album I roll, but anyways, rolling.

Roll

Somebody kill me

roll

fuck my ears

roll

>Free jazz

Attached: woman-with-red-hair-and-gray-shirt-with-hand-to-her-mouth-and-vomit-bowl.jpg (1000x766, 103K)

ok what shit album will i listen to now

henry rollins

roll

Roll

cool alright this seems based and redpilled enough for me

Attached: Loungin_doge.jpg (500x545, 33K)

wait a second this is all ethnic music and jazz bullshit

Attached: Doge_Mad.jpg (620x543, 25K)

rol

Rolling

I’m on a rooooll!

Somehow I always end up in here

roll

rolls

Roll

Those feet man.
All this mvsic is gay btw

a ok

roll

roll

ROLL

rolling for a good one

You got the best album in the chart

ROLLI

skroll

roll

rollarino

Tets

roll

i dont like gusic

That VA guy made lots of albums eh

Roll

roll

Give me something I don't know

roll

Rollin

roll

КPУTИTE БAPAБAH

le sage

R

never anything good in these pics...:/

roll

henry rolling

roll

this chart is total shite

roll

roll

Caca roll

(1/3)
Lithuanian Songs and Dances - Smithsonian Folkways, 1991

This album is clearly not an anthropological recording, as such. All the songs have been arranged and recorded using clasically trained musicians. So while it cannot be considered a true representation of Lithuania's folk music traditions, it could still be worthwhile as music. Is this Copeland's *Appalachian Spring* or Rednex's "Cottoneye Joe?" Let's find out.

Performance duties are split between several ensembles, each contributing a few tracks. For instance, the Lithuanian Radio Vocal Ensemble's performance of "Per Giria Girele (Throughout the Forest of Pine Trees)" goes over pretty well, with the somber melody and slow tempo lending itself readily to performance by a choir. On the track "Are Are Bernuželis (The Young Lad Plowed)," I can actually infer what a more traditional performance of the song would've sounded like. I think the motif at the core of this arrangement would have been repeated much more plainly in the original, and the call-and-response structure would have been further emphasized; that would turn this into something like a military cadence or work song, true to its title. Perfect for laboring in a communal farm. That being said, I think the song is somewhat garbled in this particular translation, because a choir will never sound like a work gang, and the attempt at counterpoint in the final third of the track works against the sturdy backbone of the song rather than with it. At least the humming from 1:18 to 1:29 would make a killer sample. And finally, I have to call out the downright unattractive choral arrangement on "Tu Svoteli (You're a Matchmaker)."

(2/3)
We also have several tracks recorded by Jonas Stasunas, an opera tenor, and Chaimas Potašinskas, a piano accompanist. I think the greatest highlight of the whole album is "Lakštingala Negali Neciulbet (Nightingale, You Cannot Be Without Song)." Regardless of what it originally sounded like, here it functions as an aria. The melody and performance complement each other to create a melencholy yet soaring whole. I would recommend seeking out this track if you don't listen to anything else. On the other hand, this duo is less compelling on "Via Šeriau Šeriau (Oh, I Fed My Stallion)." "Koksai Langvas Poiselis (Vacation Is So Pleasant)" is sung like a dirge despite its title and generally major-key melody. I'm not going to object to recontextualizing the mood of a piece in a performance, but more steps could have been taken to make this song work at a slower tempo; with musical moments now much more sparse and the tambre not contributing much interest, there's not a lot to listen to.

There are a few tracks recorded with a full orchestra. The opening track, "Piršlio Polka (Matchmaker's Polka)," sounds very natural, because strings, brass, and woodwinds are all very plausible instruments in any performance of a polka. The arrangement is good here, playing to the strengths of each instrument. I have to commend the clarinet work in particular; the clarinets play cheerfully turblent lines that evoke a whirling motion (I thought of a merry-go-round when I heard this one.) On "Kubilas (The Tub)" and "Gaidys (The Rooster)," the results aren't quite on that same level, but I didn't think any of the orchestral recordings were downright bad.

Attached: folder.jpg (2000x2036, 794K)

(3/3)
A few tracks are performed solo by accordianist Ludvikas Baltušis. This is probably the most faithful re-creation of the Lithuanian folk music tradition. Ironically, on "Dzigunas (The Jig)," I found myself most captivated by the way interesting way that the accordian interacts with the accoustic space in which it was recorded; perhaps this reveals more about my technocratic musical inclinations than anything else. On "Subatele (Saturday)," the faster tempo hides this effect somewhat, and forces me to actually learn something about folk music.

This album is definitely not what I was expecting from Folkways. I very much enjoyed their release of *Pete Steele: Banjo Tunes and Songs*, which was clearly a recording of Mr. Steele and his wife in their own home. My curiosity about the Lithuanian folk tradition remains unsatisfied, except for a few things I could glean. I think the album I actually rolled from the chart would've served me better in this regard.

I want to avoid saying anything about the album being "inauthentic," because I think authenticity is a pretty worthless concept in music and in art in general. The only thing that should matter is the final sound you hear and howit makes you feel. So by that rubric, the results of these arranged interpretations are mixed. A few notable failures, a few great successes, and a few tracks in between. Call it a 4 or 5 out of 10.

(DISCLAIMER: I only put one listen on this album, and then re-listened to certain tracks while writing this.)

ok

rooooolll

haha time for random

Attached: 1549682185771.png (513x834, 410K)

rolling

Attached: tumblr_lqqgfakGDT1qlzjkq.gif (450x590, 380K)

fuck me up, I'm sick and can only listen to ambient music

nice

Roll

roll

Roll

Roll

roll

Attached: 1566615138952.jpg (500x688, 100K)

rolling.

roll

rawl

rerolling for an album I can find

rollll

rolpolol

rofl

roll

roal

rollll

roll

let's go

Rooollll

roll

roll

makes me wanna fuckin dance bro

Rool

role

rolling

wooo yeah!! woooooo yeaaahhh

I always get some bullshit freeform jazz from the 20's that has like 1 shit-quality track on Youtube, but I'll roll anyways.

roll

rolling

roll

Rolling!!!!!!!!!!! thx

roll

Roll

here we go

Roll

Attached: 31895D9C-247E-4B59-9574-9570A2D36085.jpg (778x586, 77K)

roll

roll

Rollin

roll

roll

roll

rolypoly

roll

roll

Roll

Roll

role

ROLL

I'm gonna regret this

roll

roll

roll

Roll.

roll

roll

roll

Attached: A2883F3B-5CD7-4C51-9E31-5B5F13FA04D7.jpg (933x866, 131K)

roll

roll

dsfargeg

roll

Leggo leggo leggo

roll

Roll

Rollio

Ollio

Roll

roll

Re-Roll

rollrollroll

roll

rollin

roll

ummm

Here we go

roll

roll

im going to reroll if its shit

roll

reroll

rollinnnnn

owo what’s this

fug

armadillidiidae

If it's good, I'll download it.

rollin

roll

R

roll

roooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

rool

Attached: reboot_bob_dot.jpg (500x375, 23K)

Roll

yeh

rull

Roll.

yuh

im rolling im polling im tolling im consoling

rollerino

K

sure why not

Attached: 1552001841341.png (400x333, 91K)

Roll

roll

rollrollroll

rell

rollin' rollin' rollin'

here goes nothin

roll

Not rolling cause of the shitty lineup

dodged a bullet there

rollin