Rating Songs on Fear Inoculum

1. Fear Inoculum: 7/10 Good, nothing special
2. Pneuma: 7.5/10 Riff is cool, repetitive though.
3. Invincible: 8/10 Like the vocals, good overall, middle drags though.
4. Descending: 9/10 Best guitar work on the album, ends masterfully.
5.Culling Voices: 7.5/10 Pretty vocals and guitar work, could be shorter without missing much.
6. Chocolate Chip Trip: ?/10 Lol.
7. 7empest: 8.5/10 Hardest song on the album, great end to the album.

Alright fags, lets hear it.

Attached: cover.png (1000x1000, 1.11M)

i have not listened to it yet sorry

0/10 tool is trash

Chocolate Chip Trip is the ultimate pleb filter.

You are trash.

choco trip is unironically the best track on the album
Maynard ruined half the tracks and the guitar parts where uninspired garbage
bass and drums killer as always, but they sound like a tool cover band at times

>last track is le best and sooo deep user
where were you when you found out tool was pozzed?

2/10 garbage

Am I the only thinking that the album's mix is fucked up or weird? I listened through headphones yesterday and most of the songs sounds odd.

First of all, 7empest sounds like nothing like the other songs. Totally feels like a whole different mix by different persons. The guitars feels more live than the dry-sounding studio-style guitars on Fear Inoculum, Invincible and Descending. Why?

There's some weird mixing also in Fear Inoculum.

The guitar's recording are all ove the place: Extremely dry and stereo panned, to weird Mono solos in the middle with added patterns on the right.

Apart from that, the album is still pretty much interesting. Descending has finally put Adam Jones out of his comfort zone. Pneuma is really interesting and the band just works together seamlessly.

Chocolate Chip Trip is amazing, but they should have made a real song out of it. The intro of the track is amazing, the way Danny appears and just bursts out some insane solos is powerful, but it should've had went into a fully-fledged song with the whole band.

7empest is a really great song, but it feels totally like another song from another album.

Don't know what to say. It's good, but the mixing is kinda odd in a lot of places.

This album is fucking boring lol. You can tell maynard is getting old.

i knew his parts were going to be shit when he started with the orange-man-bad stuff
didn't think the guitar parts would also be soo fucking pozzed and uninspired

they should have just released a drum and bass instrumental album, would have been better than this 13 year old abortion

The only problem I have with this album is Maynard sounds weird as fuck.
Like he sounds way to polished and dare i say auto-tuned. The band still kicks ass tho.

>Hurr Durr
ok

bump

1. Fear Inoculum: 6/10
2. Pneuma: 5/10
3. Invincible: 6/10
4. Descending: 8/10
5.Culling Voices: 7/10
6. Chocolate Chip Trip: 8/10
7. 7empest: 8/10

1. Fear Inoculum: 7.5/10
2. Pneuma: 7.5/10
3. Invincible: 7/10
4. Descending: 8.5/10
5.Culling Voices: 6.5/10
6. Chocolate Chip Trip: 10/10
7. 7empest: 8.5/10

IMO I put the albums in order from best to worst like this:

Lateralus > Aenima > Fear Inoculum > Undertow/Opiate > 10,000 Days

1. Lateralus 9/10
2. Aenima 8.5/10
3. Fear Inoculum 8/10
4. Undertow 7.5/10
5. Opiate 7.5/10
6. 10,000 Days 7/10

To be totally honest though, 10,000 Days sounds more "wide" than Fear Inoculum, but I think Fear Inoculum has better dynamic range.

this poor fag hasn't heard it yet

>Am I the only thinking that the album's mix is fucked up or weird?

I just finished listening in earbuds. When I first heard fear inoculum, I felt that way. The guitars are oddly close to center, the whole thing feels very collapsed and mono for a modern rock record. I still feel that way about that particular track. But the rest of the album is absolutely gorgeous and clearer than I've ever heard them. Adam and Danny in particular sound really great

Agreed. Mailed it in.

I always thought Lateralus was a very calculated, mathematical and methodical piece of music. It took Fear Inoculus for me to realize how much heart and soul went into Lateralus, in addition to het methodology.

FI is the last thing I want from a tool album, it’s predictable. I think Chocolate Chip Trip might end up my favorite song on the album, just because it’s different from the other six songs. At least 10000 days tried different things. And tempest is not a heavy song, just slightly heavier than the others. It’s got nothing on tracks like the Grudge, Tick and Leeches or even Rosetta Stoned. I love Rosetta Stoned btw.

FI is a good album, but it still might be Tool’s worst

I think the kind of narrow, mono-esque mixing style of it is what ruins some of the sound. Aenima and 10,000 Days had a lot more width and presence. Maybe it's just the quality of the leak, who knows.

It doesn’t help. But you can’t blame the production for every song having the exact same build-up.

Culling Voices 1/10
Chocolate Chip Trip 7/10
everything else 3/10

Chocolate Chip Trip is the only track that stuck out to me as being interesting and good. The others sounded desperately mediocre and all of them were 5 minutes too long. Also the mixing is terrible, the drums sound like absolute trash, the guitar is way too loud, and Maynard has completely forgotten how to write lyrics and vocal melodies, and of course the entire band forgot how to structure a song. Listening to this and then listening to Lateralus is actually really sad.

from hearing the live versions of invincible i was excepting some beautiful stereo on those stripped bare verses but it just sounds so thin