I like this album

I like this album

Attached: 6BFDFB56-0CB6-461D-8772-8F2FF2F2ABB2.jpg (1125x1703, 1.16M)

You have shit taste.

The only good power metal band is Symphony X. Unless you count some of the old shit that people call "speed metal" rather than power metal, like early Blind Guardian.

Mean and rude

Subjective

If you listen to one of their albums in one sitting you'll start to think every song is the same.

Attached: Battle_of_the_Milvian_Bridge_by_Giulio_Romano_1520-24.jpg (3489x1858, 2.2M)

I’ve listen to their songs quite a lot and I do see many similarities between The Great War and some other albums but it’s more the story they tell that I enjoy. The way the deliver it is a big bonus to me.

All their songs sound the same and the only reason I still listen to them, is because the topics are interesting and it's a nice singalong if you're in a room with drunk people who all know the lyrics

>Seven pillars of Wisdom is White Death
>The Red Barron is Blood of Bannockburn
>The Great War gives me Attero Dominatus vibes
>I always expect Ghost in the Trenches to to turn into Smoking Snakes
>Attack of the Dead Men sounds oddly familiar but I can't put my finger on it
But as said, the stories are nice and I can give them a listen every few months or so

Yeah, of course it's subjective, all music is subjective. All art is subjective, there's no such thing as an objectively good movie, album, painting, etc.

But to me, Symphony X is like, 10 levels above all other power metal bands.

Turning WWI into a bunch of schlocky party anthems has to be the most fucking pathetic thing they've done throughout their entire career.
Even as party anthem powermetal shit Sabaton is the most sterile, riffless garbage out there, even worse than fucking Freedom Call.

If you want your war history boner metal listen to 1914, Panzerfaust or Bolt Thrower. If you want schlocky fun metal just listen to trad shit like Maiden or Priest, maybe Gamma Ray and Hammerfall too. Sabaton is just straight up shit.

>there's no such thing as an objectively good movie, album, painting, etc.
Except there are some objective factors by which art can be judged like consistency in a story, or clear cinematography etc.
Obviously you are still free to enjoy whatever you want.

>shlocky fun metal
>Priest

Okay, maybe that's true for their 80s stuff, but the GOOD shit, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, and Stained Class is ANYTHING BUT. Those 3 albums are heavy metal masterpieces, and not subject to the same cheese that most heavy metal is.

Let me ask you, what is objectively good cinematography?

I don't even consider Sad Wings and Sin After Sin as representative works of Priest, they're in an entirely different league. Stained Class is in the same category as Killing Machine and british Steel for me. I'm not even saying schlocky in the sense that it's bad, I love Maiden and Priest. But they are very cheesy and, especially with Priest, quite low brow. Difference between Priest/Maiden and Sabaton is that the former are actually capable of writing good, memorable music full of energy.

Okay, I guess Stained Class has a few songs that you could call shlocky fun metal, but at least half the songs aren't in my opinion, especially Beyond The Realms of Death. And yeah, I know you don't mean it as an insult, but I just don't think it's true of those 3 albums, and to me, those 3 albums ARE Priest (and Painkiller). Like, they could have released nothing but terrible albums after those, and I would still consider them to be in my top 5 bands of all time.

Also, underrated "shlocky fun metal" band is Brocas Helm. Just thought I'd throw them out there.

>and to me, those 3 albums ARE Priest
How can you really say Sad Wings and Sin After Sin define priest when all their material afterwards hardly resembles these two albums? You might as well say "Rocka Rolla IS Priest". Yeah, sure. They made that. Once. It's not the sound that defined their entire career though.

The same way I can say that Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets, to me, ARE Metallica. Sure, they're a pretty small part of their career, but to the thrash metal community, and to me personally, are the most important and/or best releases by the band.

And to me, those are the 3 best and most important albums from Priest, and I would argue that these are the 3 most important albums to music as a whole as well. Heavy metal would not sound the same if it weren't for them, especially Sad Wings.

I was listening to Red Baron earlier at the gym. Good song.
>1914, Panzerfaust or Bolt Thrower
Yikes. Even bottom of the barrel power metal is better than extreme """metal"""

Your taste a shit.
Album is ok though.

Attached: RG02.gif (245x185, 705K)

>It's not the sound that defined their entire career though.
There is no sound in particular that defined their career. Killing Machine has a different sound from Screaming For Vengeance, which has a different sound from Turbo, which has a different sound from Painkiller.

Guessing by the fact that I've brought it up several times and no one's adressed it, none of you have heard Symphony X.

Go check out Symphony X, I reccomend V: The New Mythological Suite, Divine Wings of Tragedy, or the Odyssey, but most of their albums are great.

Whether you like or hate Sabaton you may like them.

Attack of the dead men is my favourite out of the album.
I know the story of that song more than the other songs

Thoughts on them collabing with BABYMETAL?

Fuck off tourist.